Hacker in my server

Thanks for that info I didn't know that - I'll have to message infistar about it and wait for a response - It's still a daily annoyance, every day I see a handful of players get kicked, I check and it's all for the same kick, usually first time visitors who pass all checks, so I make an exception in publicvariable.txt and all is good until the next day the same thing happens but slightly different kick data -  today's kick booted out 5 players for this -> "PVAHR_0_f857a580a28521f7822"  after that was something like = [<NULL-object>] or similar.

I'll have to hope infistar responds, I had to message him once before and never heard back. I'm about ready to ditch this AH anyway if I'm going to have to make exceptions every day over the code. His code isn't "caught up" with 1.0.6.1 in many ways, can't even change the time and weather with it anymore, and for the minimal amount of actual management ability included it's not really worth using until he gets it up to date. If he gets it up to date.

EDIT: I don't want to sound too harsh or like I'm dogging infistar AH by the way - I just would like for it to be more in tune or up to date with the current version of epoch - but - to be fair, he advertises it as for arma2 which I'm sure all the features still work for. It still does a solid job of logging and booting tier 1 and 2 script kids when none of us are available to watch the server, and there's nothing that will stand up to a pr0 scripter who's good with arma code so I can't complain too much I guess, I've gotten my $30 worth in regular free updates for sure.

6 minutes ago, _Lance_ said:

Thanks for that info I didn't know that - I'll have to message infistar about it and wait for a response - It's still a daily annoyance, every day I see a handful of players get kicked, I check and it's all for the same kick, usually first time visitors who pass all checks, so I make an exception in publicvariable.txt and all is good until the next day the same thing happens but slightly different kick data -  today's kick booted out 5 players for this -> "PVAHR_0_f857a580a28521f7822"  after that was something like = [<NULL-object>] or similar.

I'll have to hope infistar responds, I had to message him once before and never heard back. I'm about ready to ditch this AH anyway if I'm going to have to make exceptions every day over the code. His code isn't "caught up" with 1.0.6.1 in many ways, can't even change the time and weather with it anymore, and for the minimal amount of actual management ability included it's not really worth using until he gets it up to date. If he gets it up to date.

I use these public variable filters for infistar, I found his default ones were not good enough: 

!=PVAH_AdminReq !=PVAH_WriteLogReq !"PVAHR_0_"

The time issue with infistar is more than epoch synchs every 5 minutes or so, so this needs to be disabled for the time to stick. Infistar can't disable it easily.

3 minutes ago, salival said:

I use these public variable filters for infistar, I found his default ones were not good enough: 

!=PVAH_AdminReq !=PVAH_WriteLogReq !"PVAHR_0_"

The time issue with infistar is more than epoch synchs every 5 minutes or so, so this needs to be disabled for the time to stick. Infistar can't disable it easily.

I was too chicken to do that, thank you I will give it a go, that for sure should knock out this issue. And on the time, you nailed it, time changes and then reverts. Weather doesn't change at all. So I told players to just vote for time changes, and enabled it in infistar. They got booted when they voted :D and I had to make exceptions for DAY and NIGHT and reload the scripts mid-game haha - I love this game.

1 minute ago, _Lance_ said:

I was too chicken to do that, thank you I will give it a go, that for sure should knock out this issue. And on the time, you nailed it, time changes and then reverts. Weather doesn't change at all. So I told players to just vote for time changes, and enabled it in infistar. They got booted when they voted :D and I had to make exceptions for DAY and NIGHT and reload the scripts mid-game haha - I love this game.

Well, I'm not a big fan of disabling the time sync, it's there for a reason but in saying that there seems to be a few servers that have it disabled with no ill effects that I have heard. Still, on my server I wouldn't change it.

1 minute ago, salival said:

Well, I'm not a big fan of disabling the time sync, it's there for a reason but in saying that there seems to be a few servers that have it disabled with no ill effects that I have heard. Still, on my server I wouldn't change it.

Oh I meant I was too chicken to make an exception for !"PVAHR_0_" - I don't know enough to know that would be safe. I won't be turning off time sync. Thanks again guys!