[Idea] Advanced Tag Friendly System

Ghost

In my opinion tagging friendly players in Epoch would be even better if at long distances you could easily identify your partner(s). One suggestion would be to extend friendly tags to 750-1000 m only if the player you tagged as friendly and yourself both have a Radio. This would bring the radio to the mod and maybe add more functions down the road to the radio. Then stage 2 if both players have a radio and a GPS both players can see each other tags at 750-1000 m and see where your friend is on the map at any distance.

Again, this is just an idea and it's solely my opinion. However I'm interested on what other server admins or players think.

I have been looking around to see if there is anything like this released with no luck :(

The only thing I can really think of is the ACRE mod, which allows radios to switch channels and have distortion over range, proximity voice chat etc. The only bad thing about it is that half of it runs off of TeamSpeak 3, so you have to be in a channel with everyone in the game at all times and be running the TS plugin/Arma 2 mod, and I can't see the devs adding something like that in as barely anyone would use it, but then again I don't think it affects people without the mod/plugin so who knows. Although if it was to be added I think they would just have to add the radios to loot tables and it'd be an awesome feature! :D

But onto the friendly system, I'd be all in for having an increased distance for the friendly markers, but I think 750m-1000m is a bit too far seeing as it's nearly impossible to make out someones face under half of that distance, maybe around 300m-400m maximum. Around the same distance for the map/gps too.

• 6 months later...

I dont like the friendly tag system at all. 

If my friend is 500 meters away I don't see a sign hanging over him, I just see a guy out there.

Nice part is the tag system is optional so who cares what each other does right?