Issues with dayz launcher server partially showing

theduke

Question

Hey epoch community.  Im having a weird issue with my server not showing properly in the launcher.

The ONLY way my server shows in the launcher is if I manually go to "Check Server" button on the launcher and it opens the browser for the ip and port, I enter my ip and port and it will show a couple min later. But after 30 min or so the server isnt shown on the list anymore.

My server port is 2302

this is my steam and steam query

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;

these ports i chose based on this thread that i read

but then i found this and i got confused.  I tried both ways, still the same issue.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Arma_2:_Operation_Arrowhead_.26_Arma_3_-_STEAM_ports_configuration

I must add i've been researching for at least a month on this and trying all kinds of different things i could think of, and also got someone with more knowledge than i do and they didnt know what could be the issue.

My hosting is a dedi through so you start. They are a company that uses OVH. I opened ports 2300-2305 in my OVH CP

I turned off the firewall on the dedi. (dont think this is the issue, otherwise it wouldnt show at all)

and this is my hostname

hostname = "Elite SLK Overpoch PVE Chernarus |Coins|Active Admins|Many Mods|DayZ Overpoch 1.0.5.1";

Im wondering if anyone here has been trough the same thing and knows a fix. If not, is there a way i could make a bat file and and have it set to automatically query the server on the dayzlauncher browser page... so i dont have to sit here and do it ever 20 min or so lol

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction :)

Oh almost forgot, i have a arma 3 server also on the dedi, and it shows fine in the a3launcher

Thanks

Duke

5 answers to this question

You have to have your Arma & Epoch versions showing.

you mean in the hostname right? i should add this? 125548 at the end if understand correctly.

i had this added before, but i removed it because i compared it to GTX and vilayer and they didnt have it.

if you can confirm that im following you correctly ill try it agin thx

We had this issue in the beginning. What I did:

Made sure my port for the server was open

Added this in my config.cfg and made sure those ports were open aswell.

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;

Also we had our Arma and Epoch versions showing in the server name but we don't have them anymore. I don't think they are needed as our server shows in the launcher.

For the first 30 minutes our server didn't show up either so we used Armas direct connect to connect and suddently it showed up and has been there ever since. Try to keep your server up normally and connect through Arma server browser.

Do you have any errors in your .rpt?

yes i opened the ports through my hosts control panel 2300 to 2305

my steam query and steam port are the same as yours. my server DOES show in the list, but like i said the only way i can see it is by forcing it with the dayz server checker. but it doesnt stay in the list. this is the link

http://dev.dayzlauncher.com/home/check

some players have bat files to connect to the server, but ive lost players because they dont see it in the list anymore...

as for the RPT. I dont think anything there would help me with the launcher. i had this server on a GTX host before the dedi, server was showing fine.  For the players all that changed is the ip and port. I did a complete clone.  Also copied my hostname from the GTX config to try that but didnt work.

actually i fixed it, but its only a patch.  I downloaded a extension for chrome called imacros.  You can record anything you do online and replay it.  Also has loops, you can set the time you want those loops to happen.  

So every 10 min, the browser opens and types my ip and clicks check server all on its own :)