Are all epoch servers suffering right now?

BetterDeadThanZed

To be busy you need a few things

1. A unique selling point

2. Helpful admins

3. Give nothing to new players - Do you want to play the game for them?

This works for us and we are still popular

100000 helis and free stuff isn't going to attract players. Do some Arma editor work and build something unique, edit a side mission and make it different like our Fedex/Ikea mission

We hit out 50 slot cap 3 days in a row recently. We're thinking about changing our slots to a higher count or setting up a second server soon. We've even been banning players left and right that have nothing better to than bitch and complain. We still average over 40 players a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back after a long break, good to see ya'll still at it :)

Ya know guys, I've ran a bunch of servers over the past year and I'll tell ya that the most fun I have is creating a server that I want to play on. MTG has it right, create something interesting and different. Put your own little twist on things and just have fun.

Personally, I try to set a stage that other people can use to invent their own stories on.

• 2 months later...

I can't seem to attract many new players to my server (its only 3 weeks old though) got a few regular players about 6 people but cant seem to get more than 10 on my server and 4 of them are my clan lol hope it picks up soon though as im really enjoying running a server and learning to script :)

That's quite interesting. I might just add this to some traders to block vehicles from entering and to give some server information!

What I try to do is add things to my server that no other server has, unique scripts and bases. - Some ofcourse are used by others but some are also made by me.
I average around 15-20 players which is not a lot but decent for a weekday I suppose.

Well, I think Zombies.NU has a good reputation, but our Epoch server hasn't quite gotten the attention we hoped for. 

We have active admins, our USP is pretty much server performance/hardcore (no safezones/godmode) and we certainly do not offer new players anything special.

Two weeks ago we peaked at 41/50 and since barely get 20 players. Some of our players suggest we remove the whitelist, but I do not think that is the solution.

yea im thinking i have missed the boat with server running

almost 2 weeks online only saw 1 player and left after 12 min after that it was only me and friens.

i give it 2 months after that im thinking about shutting it down and move on

Same here Chewy, we have seen a 70% drop in players on both servers we have. 

Some people say they wanna play DayZ SA, some now playing Titanfall, some not happy with other player on our servers killing them all the time and others not happy with the frequent hack attacks from some pimply ass, smelly, hairy, sweaty, Justin Bieber lovin hacktards.

We are going to give it 2 months and then close down if things dont pick up.

The problem is there is 3500 Epoch servers all offering either the same thing or just a tad bit different. The guys who have ridiculously custom servers such as MGT, cdc, and maca's will probably never die. People will notice your server and it just takes time. It's all about how people perceive you as an admin, server performance, and the custom scripts you have installed. My server averages about 20 people on and off but its fun for the most part and I know if I keep at advertising it and being helpful/nice then people will flock on over and keep on playing.