Are all epoch servers suffering right now?

BetterDeadThanZed

Same here. I have always noticed a drop in the amount of players we have had before Epoch. Every game release pulls players away. We tend to get huge replacement of players when disappointing posts on Rockets twitter feed occur. The longer Rocket's team takes the less Dayz will be popular. Is it even popular anymore?

I did hear that it is being bundled with Half Life 3. I know cause my dad works at EA.

Same here. I have always noticed a drop in the amount of players we have had before Epoch. Every game release pulls players away. We tend to get huge replacement of players when disappointing posts on Rockets twitter feed occur. The longer Rocket's team takes the less Dayz will be popular. Is it even popular anymore?

I did hear that it is being bundled with Half Life 3. I know cause my dad works at EA.

Please do me a favor,  have your dad find out who was responsible for the release of Battlefield 4 before it was ready, and punch the guy straight in the sack for me. In the event it was a female, please deliver the same, minus the sack.

EA has nothing to do with Dayz or HL3 (If HL3 even exists). Dayz is Bohemia Interactive and HL3, if it is actually in development, is Valve.

I'm a massive Battlefield fan, and I have been playing BF4 quite a bit. They did the same thing as with BF3 when it initially came out. The maps were very small and not your normal massive-scale Battlefield maps. It's simply to attract the Call of Duty audience. They will have map packs out in no time to bring love to the real Battlefield players, so it's not something I worry much about. It's annoying, but it's normal business for them. It'll always be like this, until DICE get's more breathing room and COD looses it's spark. Then we'll get some decent maps and content at launch.

Don't forget other games of the same genre as Dayz that have been recently released. Nether and State of Decay (both recently released for PC) are direct competitors, even though State of Decay is non multiplayer at the moment.

Personally I would find it hard to believe anyone wanting to play State of Decay very much....its ok but its a quick finish game (roughly 1 day's worth of playing or less and you can finish the game) - and much of its mechanics are quite annoying - the npcs especially with their whining selves.  Its a good quick game and then go find something else...because its re-playability is really low in my opinion - if they added full crafting and such...ability to go beyond the current map, etc - then perhaps yes.  I played it and finished the full game under a day worth of time and then tried to increase the time with it and just got bored with the same crap over and over...but that is true with so much out there....needs content and its tough to add content when the player can finish the full amount in such a fast timeframe.

Our server admin had a little fun with the players last night and spawned several helicopters throughout the map.  There were quite a few of us searching around.  I found the MV-22.  :D 

I was also talking to him about doing other similar events like this from time to time.  Might not be a bad idea, but you'll want to have some way to get the word to your player base.  If they aren't logging on, hopefully their friends are and can tell them.  :)

My server is massively down at the moment, but that was due to a couple of players who just drove around the map base raping and not playing the game properly.

But the main population decrease is down to the fact that everyone has started their own servers, when I first done Epoch there was about 150-200 servers now there is over 3000.  Every clan now just has their own server and play PVE with Sarge AI in the game.

Only got 24 Slots which usually are filled up on the weekends for the time in between i got my ~12+ main players who keep me busy.. 

The only playerdrop i saw lately was a group of ~6 people leaving because they are pissed about not being the largest group anymore :D

Started a no pvp on the 2nd and have 72 folks drop buy so far, steady 4 or 5 and 10 plus on weekends.  Standard epoch no pvp/always day.

Lots of servers perform poorly with all the addons and the one constant I get from new players is how smooth the game runs, 8 hour restarts.  I guess I would be one of those players who just setup my own server so I could enjoy the mod without all the addons and watch the mods DEV progress as intended.