A couple of questions on Sappers

Vip3rRTB

Hi everyone,

Since we received the latest release we had all sorts of "fun" with regards to the Sappers.

First time our warehouse converted to base was leveled by a boss Sapper, Second time I got gassed on second story (world house) of our new base while packing gear into lock box and lastly got chased for 1km by a boss Sapper as a fresh spawn after I took a rest break heading towards the gas station east of western spawn.

So my questions are the following:

1. Our bases, both warehouse and two story world house had all entrances blocked by epoch built walls with locked doors (which was locked at the time). Should the Sappers be able to "glitch/walk" through them?

2. Should Fresh spawns with low stamina not have some method to avoid boss sappers spawning on them (simply lying down will not do it with that guy)?

Last thing is, it feels like the sappers have become a way to make easy money. 3 Sappers looted gave me 1000 krypto last night all with in about 5 min while building base.

Does sound a bit much, doesn't it?

You guys are gonna live the sapper migration event I am testing :) am looking at making it a little easier to escape the sapper and ban them from spawning in safe zones and jammer radius.. 

Sounds promising. The thing that bugs me the most though is the uninvited visits inside the base behind locked doors.

You guys are gonna live the sapper migration event I am testing :) am looking at making it a little easier to escape the sapper and ban them from spawning in safe zones and jammer radius.. 

I am just waiting for people to start using them as weapons against other bases.  Those boss sappers pack a pretty big punch, wonder what kind of damage they would cause to structures.

Oh did this upgrade make them able to climb ladders?  I was on the middle roof of a fire station when I heard someone using the moving around behind me, I turned and one was coming at me.  So either he spawned right then and right behind me or the sucker climbed the outside ladder to get to me :)  Now i have seen them open doors before but never climb things.

So who in the Epoch dev team, Thought it would be a great idea to make them able to climb ladders and open doors ;) 

There needs to be a way to disable sappers entirely. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, they are an absolutely horrendous addition to an otherwise excellent mod. They're essentially Creepers from Minecraft except we don't have obsidian blocks to protect our bases from their lame ass explosions. Absolutely destroys gameplay and really makes me yearn for a disable sappers = 1 toggle. Seriously. They are THAT bad. Please.

@Wreaksauce

The server I'm playing on (was, but now on PURE) was being run by a combination of masochism or language limitations...they either don't know how to modify server settings or don't want to. It's JP KongariBacon...log on and see what I mean.

They claimed that the settings people are griping about cannot be changed and that they LIKED them how they are...I know the first part of that statement is categorically untrue.

Played on PURE today. Faith in gaming community restored. As someone said earlier on this thread, servers managed in this way will die out and be replaced by people who actually know what they're doing.

Played on PURE today. Faith in gaming community restored. As someone said earlier on this thread, servers managed in this way will die out and be replaced by people who actually know what they're doing.

While the better adminned servers will hold player population, Don't think these badly run servers will be replaced with good adminned ones, they will be replaced with new adminned ones, where the new admins have no idea the time sink that adminning a server correctly involves.

Finding a map/admin combo that you like can be trying at times, but don't give up they are out there!

They will stop spawning within a jammer radius but luring one in should stay I think.

I know this is your mod and all that, but how about giving people more options? I loved the direction with the latest update in regard to allowing us to edit loot tables and more customizing options. Why not give server admins the option to control exactly how their antagonist's behave? Not everyone has exactly the same opinion.

Honestly, with all the whining I am starting to see why origins did what they did. The makes me sad because I got into this to create content for all of us. Seems like us has gone away :(

Stop being so nice :) if they don't like the mod they have the option to play something else or create their own.

I remember the early A2 Epoch days, look how that ended up, people just need patience and understand it's only 30% done.

0.3.0.1 was a massive update, so many cool features yet people just bitch about the bad things, but some like what others call bad :lol: you'll never please em all, don't worry about it.

Honestly, with all the whining I am starting to see why origins did what they did. The makes me sad because I got into this to create content for all of us. Seems like us has gone away :(

Sappers are Great, keep em random.

Drones are not. Keep em spawning upon looting/killing traders only. Why should I need to keep a silenced weapon in my Backpack alongside my Sniper rifle?

Imagine if every time you went to get a stealthy midnight snack, every 3-5 minutes you had to chase a bird around that was shitting on you and kill it without waking your wife up.

- This is 90% of the whining.

- Please Hotfix Drones.

- Us still very much exists, you just cant hear it over the Drones.

Honestly, with all the whining I am starting to see why origins did what they did. The makes me sad because I got into this to create content for all of us. Seems like us has gone away  :(

axeman, what we all want of epoch is more items, building and crafting, there are a lot of addons that we can get from the community to create our own antagonists, and AI missions,  you not going to make everyone happy with designing antagonists because everyone want something different out of them ... 

I obviously not trying to tell you how you do your job or what to do with epoch, its your call end of the day.

My honest opinion is if you park all antagonists work for now and concentrate on building the base of epoch (more items, better crafting, better building/crafting system , new ideas about locking and unlocking)

By parking antagonists to one side to later time and once epoch is all done, you can show case a new creature give admins power to change spawn rates or difficulty etc ... and get feedback and release antagonist addons...

I really dont think many people will complain about that because they clearly already filling up their servers with AI missions and some zombies from other mods.. they can complain is boring no threat but that will be because its still work on progress.....

My feedback is carry on the good work on the content and more cool building features that is what players are super excited about! 

Stop being so nice :) if they don't like the mod they have the option to play something else or create their own.

I remember the early A2 Epoch days, look how that ended up, people just need patience and understand it's only 30% done.

0.3.0.1 was a massive update, so many cool features yet people just bitch about the bad things, but some like what others call bad :lol: you'll never please em all, don't worry about it.

You cant compare it to epoch A2, because epoch did not have to create their own antagonists back then, that was already created for them (dayz mod)

people are complaining because they care about the mod and its future, if they don't voice opinion now it maybe too late later, as a developer you should take feedback good or bad that's what makes you great developer.

Telling people to go away and they will go away, that's really bad attitude , of course they will there are other mods they can play I know a lot of people that have actually gone on other mods already full time!