A couple of questions on Sappers

Vip3rRTB

You would have thought your own mate (Axeman) would have warned you about the sapper nest...building away last night went for a cuppa whilst safe in my base.. came back about 20 minutes later and needed to loot , no problems I have a handy office just up the road... i walked in WHAT THE HELL... sappers as far as the eyes could see i ran out backwards shooting... hit one he explodes chain reacting the rest.. and taking the building to bits....ran back to see the damage... well I counted 30 odd in the wreckage:)....not a problem but you'd think your MATE might have warned you:)

More of this please... 

And that phantom...how rare is he:)

You cant compare it to epoch A2, because epoch did not have to create their own antagonists back then, that was already created for them (dayz mod)

people are complaining because they care about the mod and its future, if they don't voice opinion now it maybe too late later, as a developer you should take feedback good or bad that's what makes you great developer.

Telling people to go away and they will go away, that's really bad attitude , of course they will there are other mods they can play I know a lot of people that have actually gone on other mods already full time!

Feedback and ideas are fine, pushing the devs to the point where it gets to them is too far, did you see Axeman saying thanks for the feedback or start to wonder why Origins went they way they did ?

There are a lot of posts saying there are too many sappers and how they spawn, no doubt 0.4.0 will address this, but multiple posts about the same thing has to get to you, how many hours did Axeman spend coding the changes, only for people to say they hate it.

People do have a right to say how they feel, they could also word it better so it doesn't annoy or offend :)

As the saying goes 'It's not what you say, it's the way you say it'

People do have a right to say how they feel, they could also word it better so it doesn't annoy or offend :)

Personally, I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. Axe is a big boy. He can take it.

I will continue to criticize any facets of this mod that I personally dislike or think were made incorrectly etc. The creators can either cry about people whining, or consider these comments and put some thought into how they move forward. If there are 100 posts about 1 issue, it's probably safe to say that is an important issue to a good number of people.

That said, Epoch was hands down the best mod for A2 and at the moment the future of Epoch on A3 looks extremely bright. I do have a lot of confidence in this group to create something we can all enjoy. When people stop complaining, then the developers need to start worrying, because that means people are no longer passionate about this mod.

So, let me take a moment to say "Thank you" to the Epoch devs, and hurry up and do what I say. :P

I fully comprehend the taxing effect continuous negative feedback has when you are trying to make something that will suit and please everyone. This entire thread started with questions on how certain things affected us as players and for us to better understand the idea behind these things. So yes if a question turns into a debate or a "hot topic" some attention needs to be given to the core issues relating to this whether it be good or bad.

In the case of this thread Axe did come forward with some positive ways in which the issues can be addresses which will solve most worries all players have. As a community I think we should then take these suggestions from the dev and help him hash out possible flaws instead of bashing on about the same thing where it started.

And to the guys still complaining, how about you spend some time adapting to the changes? Nothing in life will ever stay 100% the same, why should a game? Everything action in life has a reaction as well. Accept it and make the most of what you have now..... :P

Since our server was updated over the weekend, the posting of the question and responses we as a bunch of friends playing the mod have made slight changes to our way of playing. We still continue building bases, do incursions into towns for loot, do vendor runs to sell unwanted loot etc. but with added look outs. :ph34r:

Part of this mod in my mind is being aware of your surroundings and possible threats, why else would you need to survive? So while one of us build base the others gather resources and keep a look out for sappers and other players. Drones are shot down A.S.A.P before they can spawn fighters. With us playing in this fashion we are now way better off w.r.t gear, vehicles, bases, etc. than we were before 0.3. ;) 

So basically we as players have the following choices. We can either play the mod and enjoy it, supporting the dev (constructive criticism positive and negative ), keeping him happy, making him give us more or we can complain the whole time and make the dev fed up and bin the mod entirely.

There are developers, who have a responsibility to develop the mod and there are players, who have responsibility to play it, criticize and of course whine. I think all critique is good, as long as it is constructive. Keep in mind, criticizing isn't the same as bashing a game/mod. I think people have all the right to stop playing if they feel like such issues with drones are too game breaking for now, I don't find them game breaking though but rather extremely annoying. But I also think developers should maybe be (in all sincerity) more thick-skinned and don't think that people are criticizing the mod out of spite.

There are reasons why so many threads were created about current patch with updated drones and these reasons should be looked upon, not written off as some mere whining, because people offer not only critique but solutions too (which are giving admins a choice to disable anti-camper drones because they are broken and spawn on you even if you are at central traders just selling/buying stuff.)

However maybe developers feel this way because there is a lack (a lack as in NONE at all) of threads of praising this new patch? Because seriously, it is a wonderful patch, many good improvements, which showed that devs listen to the community and work their asses off making this mod a perfection. So yeah, 0.3.0 patch is a huge success, I love it, I got used to it and wouldn't go back to 0.2.5.2 just because of current issues.

To conclude, really loving playing Epoch and I am sure everyone in forum do too.