A common theme here

BenR

Once again a thread aimed to deliver some constructive criticism to the dev team here, has been locked...

I really don't know how you listen to your community, or if you even do at all. I made a simple thread suggesting time might be better spent working on the mod itself (after all its only in 0.3 alpha) instead of a new launcher. People will hate on me for saying this, but enough people clearly agree to an extent, all I'm saying is maybe take community advice and criticism into account, what's the point in the forums for an alpha mod if anything negative gets shutdown. Undoubtedly this post will probably "disappear" as well, but the message will be heard.

Here is the other thread if anyone's interested 

Dunno about constructive criticism , most read like an angry rant. I usually dont comment in those threads as they just end up a toxic atmosphere.

personally I like using launchers rather than loading them up and restarting arma , how they use their own "free time" to further the mod is upto the devs , theyre not some AAA title company , they are guy an gals who have personal lives with all the BS that goes with them.

The thing is Awol you lock every post that you paints any negative light on anything you guys do rather than actually discussing the point...

Personally I prefer it when AWOL doesn't spend his time on discussing "points" on the forum. When he focuses on the continued development of Epoch, that's good. I think it's better when development teams have community representatives (like Axle) who sift through what's actually constructive and what's just bitterness from the fact that decisions were made that some people just cannot accept so they keep on harping on them over and over.

The problem with Launcher / installer / updaters , in my opinion , is that they don't promote learning , ... one click install , next click play , oops , doesn't work , what now .... , thats my gripe / opinion , no matter who they promote ,

In the case of an apocalypse, the more 100% Mac-users there are, the more time to survive the rest of us have. The positive aspects of a user-friendly universe ;)

The problem with Launcher / installer / updaters , in my opinion , is that they don't promote learning , ... one click install , next click play , oops , doesn't work , what now .... , thats my gripe / opinion , no matter who they promote ,

ive had my share , very true .. they are to promote easy to play user friendly but if poorly executed they are a nightmare and exactly the opposite.

We all play epoch I guess we were smart enough to bash our mutant clubbed hands over a keyboard to get access. I just like the ease of the process when its done correctly , updating isnt a chore and playing is a simple point click ..

as you say though if its not done proper then you have the fallout of people who cant think outside of the box for a solution.

Personally I prefer it when AWOL doesn't spend his time on discussing "points" on the forum. When he focuses on the continued development of Epoch, that's good. I think it's better when development teams have community representatives (like Axle) who sift through what's actually constructive and what's just bitterness from the fact that decisions were made that some people just cannot accept so they keep on harping on them over and over.

I would like to add to what Tobias said as well.

Just because you have an internet connection doesn't make you an expert.

Just because you have a voice doesn't means you have to use it.

Quite frankly no one cares about what you have to say except you and maybe your friends. 

If the Dev team listened to every turd that floated to the top around here they would be running in circles and would not have the successful mod that they have now. 

Kiss more ass? I've seen lots of interesting constructive topics being discussed on these forums and little to no dev response. I have been saying for weeks that the priority of development seems pretty strange with things like vegetation, make shift hatchets, ferris wheels and other bits and bobs being developed over more vital things like buildables, better stairs modeling, bipods, more weapons etc...

I don't want to tell the devs how to do their job and fully appreciate their efforts but i think the point of Alpha and these forums is to give them an idea of what needs fixing, and what is in more demand.. I feel like they arent taking the feedback into account because as far as I know, there has been no request or demand for another launcher, vegetation, ferris wheels and scary wolf and pumpkin masks....

Clear we have some clue about were doing... 40+ servers plus and going strong with a few thousand players...

List all the big epoch servers with many players and then tell me who many have been "barred/banned/kicked" from the Epoch?

You take pride in taking credit and charging money from the original works of others and rebranding it, and are proud of managing to gather thousands of players in a community under the flag of "we listen to you guys". I don't deny that you are successful at what you do. No, not at all. But I'd actually be impressed if it actually was from an original work you created yourself.

Good job though. :slowclap:

You take pride in taking credit and charging money from the original works of others and rebranding it, and are proud of managing to gather thousands of players in a community under the flag of "we listen to you guys". I don't deny that you are successful at what you do. No, not at all. But I'd actually be impressed if it actually was from an original work you created yourself.

Good job though. :slowclap:

Damnit man. I need more likes per day. I used them all up on your comments and replies today!! 

Kiss more ass? I've seen lots of interesting constructive topics being discussed on these forums and little to no dev response. I have been saying for weeks that the priority of development seems pretty strange with things like vegetation, make shift hatchets, ferris wheels and other bits and bobs being developed over more vital things like buildables, better stairs modeling, bipods, more weapons etc...

I don't want to tell the devs how to do their job and fully appreciate their efforts but i think the point of Alpha and these forums is to give them an idea of what needs fixing, and what is in more demand.. I feel like they arent taking the feedback into account because as far as I know, there has been no request or demand for another launcher, vegetation, ferris wheels and scary wolf and pumpkin masks....

You do realizethat just because they don't post on what's posted doesn't mean they didn't take note of it or place it in a to do list. Shit takes time. The point of the launcher is easier access for EVERYONE to the mod.

Please for the love of god think before you post!

I agree that there are lots of posts that are ignored, and that there could be more community interaction from the development team - and that they've handled some things weirdly and caused a lot of drama and bad PR that could have been avoided. I disagree that it should be done by AWOL though. And yeah, I do side with the devs in most situations. But you will also find that there are things that I strongly disagree with (like "The Construct"). But I am under no illusion that a development team, like some of you believe, that because there is a forum that means it's some sort of gaming democracy where what the community majority wants is what actually goes into the mod. Hell, the majority obviously want to play on servers where you can buy your way across some of the challenges in the mod. 

What we get is a mod that is according to their vision, they pay attention to some of what is suggested and said, and they ignore most of it. If that's an uncomfortable reality to you, then prepare to face a world of uncomfort in the rest of your lives because that's how things are.