A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Got it running perfectly even with Build 3  no trouble at all.  i see them moving in their trucks on the map etc.

@rmbcbv  check in configs   at default  nothing will spawn you have to tell the configs what will and not..

thanks for reply,it works well now.

Hi guys, good work for this package!!!

I have a question,I need to change the number of patrols in sqf , to put less amount , is this the correct line? I like low quantity?

/*

Shared AI Unit Settings. These settings affect all AI spawned unless noted otherwise.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//(Static/Dynamic/Random Spawns) minAI: Minimum number of units. addAI: maximum number of additional units. unitLevel: Unit level (0-3)
A3EAI_minAI_village = 1; //1
A3EAI_addAI_village = 1; //1
A3EAI_unitLevel_village = 0; //0
A3EAI_spawnChance_village = 0.30; //0.30

//(Static/Dynamic/Random Spawns) minAI: Minimum number of units. addAI: maximum number of additional units. unitLevel: Unit level (0-3)
A3EAI_minAI_city = 1; //1
A3EAI_addAI_city = 2; //2
A3EAI_unitLevel_city = 1; //1
A3EAI_spawnChance_city = 0.50; //0.50

A3EAI_minAI_capitalCity = 2; //2
A3EAI_addAI_capitalCity = 1; //1
A3EAI_unitLevel_capitalCity = 1; //1
A3EAI_spawnChance_capitalCity = 0.60; //0.60

A3EAI_minAI_remoteArea = 1; //1
A3EAI_addAI_remoteArea = 1; //1
A3EAI_unitLevel_remoteArea = 2; //2
A3EAI_spawnChance_remoteArea = 0.70; //0.70

//(Dynamic/Random Spawns) minAI: Minimum number of units. addAI: maximum number of additional units. unitLevel: Unit level (0-3)
A3EAI_minAI_wilderness = 1; //1
A3EAI_addAI_wilderness = 2; //2
A3EAI_unitLevel_wilderness = 1; //1
A3EAI_spawnChance_wilderness = 0.40; //0.40

//(For dynamic and random spawns only) Defines amount of time to wait in seconds until cleaning up temporary blacklist area after dynamic/random spawn is deactivated (Default: 1200)
A3EAI_tempBlacklistTime = 1200;

Yes, that is correct, but if you look through the complete file, there are other places to change quantity.

//Upper limit of dynamic spawns on map at once. Set to 0 to disable dynamic spawns (Default: 15)
A3EAI_dynMaxSpawns = 16;

/Maximum number of placed random spawns on map. Set to 0 to disable random spawns. (Default: 15)
A3EAI_maxRandomSpawns = 17; 

You can turn down those two as well.

Apologies if this has been asked before (thread is popular!)

I've been constantly tweaking with this great AI system, and have been looking at the following;

//Probability to send first available AI helicopter to reinforce dynamic AI group. No effect if A3EAI_maxHeliPatrols is set to zero. (Default: 0.30)
A3EAI_heliReinforceChance = 0.30;

Would it be possible to add, or modify this in a way that a heli can be called in to reinforce custom spawns? At present, I run solely the custom defs for an AI stronghold, and it would be great to be able to call in a heli if they start getting killed, rather than just add one patrolling the area constantly.

As it is right now, the helicopter reinforcement system needs an overhaul in order to be usable for its current purpose (reinforcing dynamic spawns). Right now, helicopters (or planes) that are already patrolling are diverted, but most servers keep a low amount of air vehicles, usually much lower than the amount of dynamic spawns that can be active at any one moment. So, there aren't enough air vehicles for all dynamic spawns, so adding other spawn types (such as custom) will only make the problem worse.

Custom spawns are also a minor feature of A3EAI and kept simple for ease of use, so complex features are avoided. This is why each custom spawn is an isolated system in itself.

A3EAI has been updated to 0.5.8, download on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Please note the two files that need to be updated.

The public HC test will be starting for users who already have a headless client set up on their servers, or have the knowledge on how to set one up themselves. A reminder to users who already have an HC set up, I recommend users use a separate HC for A3EAI, and ensure that the number of HC slots in their mission.sqm is greater than or equal to the number of HCs that they wish to run on their servers.

Edit: More complete instructions and information for HC setup will come at a later time.

Changelog:

A3EAI 0.5.8 Alpha

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo
A3EAI_config.sqf

[ADDED] Added support for bipods.
[ADDED] Added map center/size data for Bornholm map.
[FIXED] Fixed AI air vehicle reinforcement for HCs.
[FIXED] Fixed bug relating to custom spawns and evacuated vehicle AI units for HCs.
[FIXED] Fixed paradrop AI groups for HCs.
[FIXED] Fixed bug relating to air vehicle AI, if pilot is only vehicle crew member.
[FIXED] All items in AI vehicle storage are now properly cleared.
[FIXED] Land vehicle AI groups will now abandon their vehicles if a wheel is critically damaged or destroyed.
[CHANGED] Destroying AI helicopter tail rotor now causes crew to evacuate.
[CHANGED] A3EAI teleport stuck AI vehicles a short distance if vehicle is stuck in one location for too long.
[CHANGED] A3EAI now automatically adjusts the number of Random AI spawn locations based on the map, up to a maximum of 15 spawns. Users may also manually specify maximum number of Random AI spawn locations.
[CHANGED] Added config option to have A3EAI pause all spawning functions [during startup] until HC has successfully connected. Note: If this option is enabled and HC fails to connect, A3EAI will be unable to continue.

thanks for this.

i really like the fact that you changed dayzai to not use ratings to determin targets anymore (not to mention change rating globally on all units), thanks for that.

this also looks great for now, i am currently testing it on my linux server.

... however i had to change the pbo name to lower case or my server would just crash on boot.

idk if it actually works yet as i havent seen any ai, but i assume it is since i havent noticed any errors so far ...

I'm getting a key signature error when using the 058 update.  Copied all the files direct from the Github download.  

Use the A3EAI.pbo from the Installation Package folder for your HC instead of from the Headless Client folder. Normally the two pbo files are identical, but I forgot to update the one in the HC folder.

A3EAI has been updated to 0.5.8, download on Github: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Please note the two files that need to be updated.

The public HC test will be starting for users who already have a headless client set up on their servers, or have the knowledge on how to set one up themselves. A reminder to users who already have an HC set up, I recommend users use a separate HC for A3EAI, and ensure that the number of HC slots in their mission.sqm is greater than or equal to the number of HCs that they wish to run on their servers.

Changelog:

That HC client is right on time! 

Yes, that is correct, but if you look through the complete file, there are other places to change quantity.

//Upper limit of dynamic spawns on map at once. Set to 0 to disable dynamic spawns (Default: 15)
A3EAI_dynMaxSpawns = 16;

/Maximum number of placed random spawns on map. Set to 0 to disable random spawns. (Default: 15)
A3EAI_maxRandomSpawns = 17; 

You can turn down those two as well.

is this the correct way?¿?¿

A3EAI_minAI_village = 0; //0
A3EAI_addAI_village = 0; //0
A3EAI_unitLevel_village = 0; //0
A3EAI_spawnChance_village = 0.30; //0.30

regards

@Psythrandir: There is a hard coded limit of 5 units per spawn. If you want to go past this limit, use custom spawns.

THX, we've done so and it works great and its easy to handle!

But I think theres is a little mistake in the documentary for using the Arma3 Editor.

in Step 3 in the Wiki you are writing the following:

Double-click anywhere on the map to place a unit. Do not change any settings. Press OK to place the unit.

But you have forgotten to mention that a playable unit is needed. So the user has to switch the unit to "playable" otherwise there will be no preview button to find for the next step.

And I've found another little mistake by using the editor tool for adding vehicles. 

In the step in which I have to click on the local execute the informations about respawn possibility and respawn time disapears from the code.

In the first step, when I have to scroll down for choosing costum vehicles and copy the clipboard to the debug console, these informations are still there. 

But when I edit the code and click on "local exec" these informations aren't in the clipboard anymore. So these informations about respwan has to be added to the sqf file manually.

For example (the bold marked part is the part which disapears and must be added to the sqf manually):

["Kavalla_Pickup1",[3534.41,13118,0.00134468],"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",300,[2,1],2,false,600] call A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue;

BTW: Sry for the late answer. I don't know if these issues are allready fixed in the new version. We're still using 0.5.7.

19:17:42 "A3EAI Monitor: Uptime: 3:16:22. FPS: 50.1567. Active AI Groups: 4. Respawn Queue: 0 groups. HC Connected: false."
19:17:42 "A3EAI Monitor: Static Spawns: 0. Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 0. Air Patrols: 4. Land Patrols: 0."

Doesn't seem to like our HC, although FuMs runs no probs :/  gotta be the gender fail..

@Psythrandir: The actions in Step 3 are word-for-word exactly what I do each time I need to test something in the editor, so I'm not sure what's going on there. As for the adding vehicles issue, I updated the Editor Tool to 1.1.2 which should fix that issue.

@stonXer: Is your HC being disconnected from the server or something? Essential steps that you need for A3EAI other than the basic HC setup:

1. Install the provided .bikey file to your server's Keys folder
  2. Ensure the HC is loading with @A3EAI as one of the mods
  3. Ensure that A3EAI.pbo.a3eai.bisign is in the same directory as the A3EAI.pbo in the @A3EAI/Addons directory.
  4. Ensure you have two HC slots in your mission.sqm if you're running FuMS and A3EAI on separate HCs
  5. Ensure that the A3EAI.pbo in the @EpochHive/Addons folder is the same as the one in @A3EAI/Addons folder. If in doubt, copy the one from @EpochHive/Addons into @A3EAI/Addons
  6. Ensure that you have A3EAI_enableHC set to true in your A3EAI_config.sqf, otherwise the dedicated server won't allow the A3EAI HC to connect.

Hi Face, is there a way to dynamically call for AI to spawn from another script? ie. supply the coords and number/type of ai required?

I'd like to be able to spawn some AI to defend the random location Zupa capture points and ideally would like them to be controlled on the HC by A3EAI

@noswadm: You could create custom spawns using the supplied Editor Tool. Just be warned, I've already been told that even the current AI amounts have been a bit too much even though I personally think they're too low. Each named location may have one guaranteed spawn, but the dynamic/random AI spawns can add a second spawn at any time, as well as paradrop AI that can add a third spawn.

@ReMuS: You're free to do as you please, but the whole point of using an HC is to distribute AI load across multiple CPU threads. By lumping all AI to one HC, it's no better than loading all your AI on the dedicated server.

@second_coming: Take a look at the Editor Tool (the supplied init.sqf) to see the two lines of code that are used to set up custom spawns:

//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue function
_statement = format ["[%1,%2,%3,%4,%5,%6,%7] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;",_spawnName,_spawnPos,_patrolRadius,_totalAI,_unitLevel,_respawn,_respawnTime];

//Vehicle spawns using the A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue function
_statement = format ["[%1,%2,%3,%4,%5,%6,%7,%8] call A3EAI_createCustomVehicleQueue;",_spawnName,_spawnPos,_vehicleType,_patrolRadius,_maxUnits,_unitLevel,_respawn,_respawnTime];

Simply supply the needed parameters to create spawns on the fly.

When is comes marksman with loot inside?

Just add the loot to the A3EAI config file if you dont use the dynamic Loot options of A3EAI.

If you dont have the Marksmen stuff in your Epoch loot tables it will not work with the dynamic Loot.

So i guess you use a old server build.

I'm trying to call the AI from within ZCP using the following command but nothing spawns:

_CreateAI = format ["["%1",%2,%3,%4,%5,%6,%7] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;",_ZCP_name,_capturePosition,75,3,1,true,300];

It doesn't seem to trigger AI spawning.

This is the actual line code it tried to execute including the variables:

_CreateAI =  ["Cap Point Alpha",[13833.4,16609.6,0],75,3,1,true,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;

It's probably something simple I'm missing but I've no idea what :o