A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

@larsmos2011: At this time, development is being slowed down because of my personal lack of free time. How it's going to work is that the HC files will be bundled in with the main A3EAI package in the next major release (0.5.0), with HC install instructions given to the early testers first. If early testing results is good, then HC support is considered working and the HC installation steps will be added to the A3EAI install instructions as an optional method. If it doesn't work, then the A3EAI package should work exactly as it is now, without a HC. I expect that 0.5.0 will be released before or around the same time Epoch 0.3.x is released.

@Patriarch: I need a lot more details to do anything. Server log information would help.

@cyncrwler: Glad to see that the fix worked out great.

@all: Here are some facts about the upcoming HC support for A3EAI, some things I've already said in the past and some are new:

• HC is completely optional, you can choose to run it only on the dedicated server ("Dedicated Mode") or you can choose to split it between the dedicated server and the headless client ("Hybrid Headless Mode")
    • In hybrid mode, AI are controlled by the HC while the dedicated server handles everything else (ie: when to spawn/despawn/respawn AI)
    • In dedicated mode, everything is handled by the dedicated server (just like as it is currently)
    • A3EAI should be able to seamlessly transition between the two modes while the dedicated server is running. If the HC is closed or crashes while the server is up, AI will be transferred to the dedicated server, and when the HC is started up again, AI will be transferred back
    • Installation for the dedicated server portion will remain the same, a new @A3EAI mod will be run by the HC (using the same package as the dedicated).
  • Presently, only one HC is supported.
  • The HC will need to be set up on the same machine as the dedicated server since the HC and dedicated portions of A3EAI will use the same config files.
    • You could still set them up on different machines, just need to set up a dummy @EpochHive folder on the HC machine with the folder structure intact (the EpochHive files will be unnecessary for the HC, just need the structure and A3EAI config file).
    • Only recommended to use HC on either the same physical machine or the same LAN as the dedicated for bandwidth reasons.
  • Many parts of A3EAI had to be rewritten to make it possible for the HC to disconnect/reconnect at anytime without problems.
  • Pistol weapon loot items for HC controlled units will be taken from the settings defined in A3EAI_config.sqf and not from the Epoch loot tables since the HC doesn't have access to the loot tables, and I'm not a fan of sending huge arrays of data through public variables.
  • The HC unit will appear in the new spawn "cloning lab" as an immortal player unit. Because Epoch doesn't allow non-admin units to be invisible and throws a fit when the player unit is replaced with something else, this is the way it will have to be.

At this time, I still need to test custom AI vehicle patrols, and I'm hoping to be able to wait until the next Epoch update is released before A3EAI 0.5.0 is released, since I want to get all the compatibility changes made in one update instead of splitting them up.

Have seen an issue on every version I've used so far (on 0.4.3.2 currently). I use:

A3EAI_maxLandPatrols = 6;

But after a few hours I will notice on the map there are way more than 6. Killing or blowing up the ai vehicles seems to add 1 more vehicle to the pool. Vehicles that I have marked to only allow 1 of I find 2 or 3. Yesterday, after 3 hours, I logged in to count up 22 roaming ai land vehicles on the map. One the players said they had been flying around destroying every one of the ai vehicles he could find.

Think you might have injected some Borg blood into these guys... they have found a way to reproduce like a Hydra and the only short term cure is a restart, then it starts over  :P

Land Patrols never goes over 6 on RPT, but...

20:55:06 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 2. Land Patrols: 6."
21:00:11 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 2. Land Patrols: 1."
21:05:11 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 3. Air Patrols: 4. Land Patrols: -3."
21:10:15 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 0. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 3. Land Patrols: 0."
21:15:16 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 2. Land Patrols: 4."
21:20:20 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: -2."
21:25:20 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 2. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 1. Land Patrols: -4."
21:30:26 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 5. Air Patrols: 2. Land Patrols: 2."
21:35:26 "A3EAI Monitor :: Dynamic Spawns: 1. Random Spawns: 2. Air Patrols: 3. Land Patrols: 6."

It's more noticeable for me since I run 12 hour restarts, but soon as 0.3 releases and adds vehicle locking persists through restarts they will be drastically shortened, so I'll probably notice it less. Just wanted to point out it, though.

Also wanted to throw in this error I see every once in awhile in RPT logs:

19:26:45 Error in expression <);   
_ret = _this select _ret;     
};
_ret>
19:26:45   Error position: <_ret>
19:26:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
19:26:45 File A3EAI\compile\A3EAI_utilities\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 22

Not sure if its affecting anything.

Jets should work in 0.5.0, so that's something to look forward to. Keep in mind that the remove missile/rocket option will also remove the missile weaponry from jets, leaving behind HE ammo that they can still use.

Awesome! I've got a few kajmans flying around and they're deadly enough with just the machine gun.

Hey everyone,

This is an announcement post about how A3EAI 0.5.0 will be released and how HC support will be rolled out. The 0.5.0 update will be released when Epoch 0.3.x is released to the public.

HC support won't be available immediately, that will come soon at a later date as I iron out some details. I'm still figuring out a generalized HC install walkthrough for users - it's nowhere as simple as the current installation method of copy and pasting. So, I will be needing some volunteers to follow a guide that I will write at a later date to set up an HC (without A3EAI). I will be needing feedback about the clarity of the instructions and whether or not the steps help you install a working HC. This will be a change from the original plan where a few people test A3EAI with HC.

More info to come when I have it.