A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

For most servers the simplicity of the randomness works for them, but I'm trying to create a theme to our PvE server. A lot of servers just take most scripts and hardly do any customization to them. I enjoy being a creative person and would like to give our players a reason to play, instead of the same old same old of shoot & loot. It's much more enjoyable and realistic to be able to work your way through the ranks of the AI, giving our players more sense of accomplishment. This also allows for more loot control as well. Making the higher end weapons/loot become more of a reward. Instead of everyone having the same gear regardless of their play skill. 

Your script has enabled most of this ability for me already, and for that I am greatly Thankful for your skills and hard work.

If you're willing to get your hands dirty with some DIY scripting, you could refer to the the Github for A3EAI's predecessor, DZAI, at https://github.com/dayzai/DZAI. In DZAI, each spawn area is assigned a general level, which has a different spread of probabilities of each unit level. So high level areas had a range of skill/equipment levels that had a bias towards the high end, while low level areas had a bias towards the low end.

Internally, DZAI refers to the "general level" as _equipType, while the actual "unit level" is referred to as _weapongrade. You can use the Github search function to help you see how the code is all linked together.

I've used DZAI in the past to make our A2 Takistan server into a nice AI hell before I moved over to A3. Being a newb at scripting I wasn't sure about functionality compatibility, as I have never scripted before until about a year ago, and most my experience has been tweaking scripts shared by others. Hence why I'm not sure the correct array formatting for a specific situation to ensure optimal usage and performance.

Thx for reminding me about this script stemming from dzai. I'll have a look at the coding and see what I'm able to port over as well. And of course I'll be happy to share any success with it over here.

8>)

T1NY   in @ epochhive / A3Ai_config_sqf find the line 210

//Global maximum number of active AI air vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 2).

A3EAI_maxHeliPatrols = 2;

and the line 255

//Global maximum number of active AI land vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 3).
A3EAI_maxLandPatrols = 3;

where you set the number of each vehicle on the ground and in the air

I have a lot of Ai running on the ground near the players want to change it and do not know where. Someone tell me

ok great, and is there a setting that will delay the spawning? for example i am using WAI and there is a setting where it waits for a set amount of time before spawning a mission, i want to lower this if possible on this ai mod

Quick config question:

The A3EAI_minAI_village and A3EAI_addAI_village (and respective city/capital settings) on the wiki config description says they take a value of 0-5. Is the upper limit of 5 the actual upper limit or can the config be set above that number without any issues?

Thanks in advance!

@M3ATSHI3LD: A3EAI will enforce this limit by resetting anything outside of the 0-5 range to its default value. Limits to group sizes were made because overly-large group sizes make it difficult for AI to move around properly, since AI always try to remain in formation. You can bypass this limit by disabling settings verification (A3EAI_verifySettings = false) in A3EAI_config.sqf. Just be warned, disabling settings verification disables verification for all settings in the config file, so any mistakes in the file can prevent A3EAI from loading properly (or at all), rather than falling back to default settings.

A3EAI will report the version number into the server RPT log like this:

[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.8.0 using base path a3eai.

Also, if you unpack A3EAI.pbo with a PBO unpacker and open the config.cpp file inside with a text editor, the version number is also defined there.

A3EAI will report the version number into the server RPT log like this:

Also, if you unpack A3EAI.pbo with a PBO unpacker and open the config.cpp file inside with a text editor, the version number is also defined there.

Ha! I ninja'd you! :)

Oh, and..

[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.8.0 using base path a3eai.

OMFG HAX0R! 0.8.0!?

Indeed, I'm currently working on 0.8.0, which is focused on the "big three" of features, performance, and bugfixing/stability. The main new feature are the UAV/UGV patrols, which will behave like the map-patrolling air/land vehicles. Right now, I don't know much about how they behave in the wild so think of this as as a test run. UAVs don't seem to do anything against players on foot, not sure about players in vehicles, and UGVs simply roll by and shoot targets as they pass by.

A lot of the changes are rather under-the-hood, like improved HC code, cleaner method of shifting AI groups between different types, general code cleanup, etc. So not much in-your-face changes, but significant enough in my opinion to warrant a version numbering change from 0.7.0 to 0.8.0.

Is it or if it's not now, possible for you to make specific groups of AI. This is most for when you are using static AI. With specific groups I mean to have a sniperteam for exemple, one sniper and one spotter. Sniper = Good at shooting, spotting not, and the spotter vice verse. They are staying hidden in cover, in one spot.

@MrEnzO

I'm not a scripter by trade, but i feel you wanna do same sort of thing as I do and have a bit more control over when, where and what AI spawn and have these AI geared to specific situations. I would say your best option would be an "If this then do that type of "Array" Basically creating arrays within arrays and making new arrays based of previous arrays results. Take a look at this link for an understanding of what Arrays are and how to create Multi-dimensional arrays. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Array

In my previous post ( ) I posted a start on this and was creating different AI sets and assigning gear to them based on the skill levels. As I too wanted to avoid having so much randomness to my AI and map setup. Hope this helps some. 

This has probably been brought up in the thread - but there are so many pages  <_<

Can anyone point me to the correct location where I can edit whether or not you get kicked out of AI vehicles when trying to use them?

Thanks!

He has made that on purpose, I think. To prevent players/groups to get a huge advantage over other players/groups. And I think I read somewere in the thread that he won't change that. I think it was in this thread, but I am not 100% sure about it. It should be like 5-10 pages back.

He has made that on purpose, I think. To prevent players/groups to get a huge advantage over other players/groups. And I think I read somewere in the thread that he won't change that. I think it was in this thread, but I am not 100% sure about it. It should be like 5-10 pages back.

Ah .. well surely that should be a decision made by each individual server owner?