A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

I suspect the same. Like I said in one of my previous posts, everything works perfect on Chernarus but I cannot get it to work on Altis. Altis.... shes broken!!!! :D

Hey, I am running this on Altis without any issues. Do you have any other mission systems / mods loaded? I recommend disabling all of those if you have. 

Then lastly have you checked the client side rpt file for any errors? It is unlikely that there will be a problem client side but will be good to eliminate that.

My previous post below. No additional missions, no custom mission file. It a brand new install of windows server and the game client with ONLY A3EAI. 

Hi Guys,

I am at my wits ends now. I have done the following to try and get this to work.

In installed a new server (Windows server 2008) and installed ALL available windows updates, drivers and prereq for the game including DX.

I verified my ArmA III game files and can confirm that I have the correct game client (v1.48).

I copied the updated \ verified game client to my newly installed server to start setting up my dedicated server.

I used these epoch server files:

Current Server Build: 0.3.0.4 (Build 2) for Arma 3 v1.48+

http://epochmod.com/index.php

After setting up the server I connected to it. Everything works as expected without AI. Then I continued with the steps below without altering the stock altis.epoch.pbo mission file.

I configured A3EAI 0.8.0a (https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI) and started up the server.... No AI on server.

I then Deleted A3EAI 0.8.0a and copied the A3EAI Experimental files (https://github.com/d...ee/Experimental) and started the server... No AI on server.

I've turned off battleeye

One of my friends who also host a dedicated server has the exact same problem.

I certainly have the correct client files, server files and A3EAI files. No errors in the report file.

I don't know what else to do anymore. If I repeat the above steps on Chernarus, I almost immediately see roaming choppers and Vehicles and I also see roaming AI in cities. This seems to be specific to Altis.

I've set roaming helis to 15 and roaming vehicles also to 15 just to see AI... Nothing.

I am the only player on the server as I am the only one testing at the moment.

Please let me know what could be the problem. I can give you access to my server to give it a "once over" to check if everything is setup correctly.

Thanks Guys.

Did you make any changes to the a3eai_config.sqf file?

I've had it before when I've tried to add different helis where it hasn't added any helis on (probably missed a comma or something stupid like that). If something is wrong in the file, I think it drops back to default settings so should still work. Any errors in your log file?

A3EAI 0.8.1 has been released to Github. Anyone who has used the experimental versions of 0.8.1 will also need to update. Update at: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

This update is especially important for servers running the Australia map, and possibly other custom maps. It seems custom map makers tend to do things less than properly compared to BIS maps, so A3EAI would not be able to detect all of the locations on the map before 0.8.1.

Changelog is below:

A3EAI 0.8.1

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: No
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[NEW] Added Krypto-pickup assist system (disabled by default). Players can automatically pick up Krypto dropped by A3EAI units by staying within 2 meters of the device for 5 seconds. Availability of pickup assist is configurable.
[FIXED] Fixed undefined variable error caused by spawning unarmed UAVs/UGVs.
[FIXED] Added missing default settings to settings verification script.
[FIXED] Fixed AI units being stuck upon spawning inside buildings.
[FIXED] A3EAI now uses case-insensitive checks for location types to allow proper location detection for custom-made maps such as Australia (Before fix: 16 locations. After fix: 58 locations).
[FIXED] Fixed bug where detection state for Air, UAV, UGV patrols immediately ended after starting.
[FIXED] Fixed antistuck for custom air patrols.
[ADDED] Added map center and map size data for all AiA maps, Esseker, Australia.
[CHANGED] Added minimum of 5 random spawns to be generated if random spawn generation is left on automatic setting.
[CHANGED] On-death AI loot is now generated server-side instead of on headless client.
[CHANGED] Krypto now spawns 0.5m closer to AI dead bodies.
[CHANGED] Improved server uptime formatting of A3EAI server monitor in RPT log.
[CHANGED] Decreased minimum AI skills.
[CHANGED] Tweaked sensitivity of static spawn generator. More static spawns should now be generated.
[CHANGED] Vehicle patrol waypoint blacklists now seperated into Air and Land categories.
[CHANGED] Krypto cleanup is now independent of AI body cleanup.
[CHANGED] Slightly increased default loot amounts/chances.
[CHANGED] Search travel distance doubled for plane-type AI patrols and UAVs.

Hello,

I had an issue with AI not spawning on Esseker, I am pretty sure I now have it sorted. 

Thankyou

EDIT: I managed to get some of the AI to spawn, mainly just heli patrols, but upon both myself and another server admin entering to test the AI we both noticed that the AI tended to lag alot, I started to monitor the server FPS and it appeared to be stable the whole time, not sure weather of not this is another example of BI's AI System or if it is in this case something to do with the mod. having said that I dont recall these issues with DZAI on Arma 2. Anyway for now I have uninstalled this version and will do some further testing with some different settings at a later date. In the meantime if anyone has any idea's I am open to suggestion.

Keep up the good work Face.

Hello,

i love this script...great work. Is there a way to spwan raptors from JurassicArma mod with the A3AI_custom_defs.sqf

thx for the good work

Lg Jürgen

A3EAI only supports normal human AI. It's not guaranteed that it will work with raptors or anything other than units that players can normally use, so you can try, but I can't support any problems that might come up.

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that I came right with AI not working on Altis. I downloaded new server files using SteamCMD and setup server from scratch again. Doing this seems to have sorted out the issue with AI not spawning on Altis. Previously I was using my game client as server. Obviously something is wrong with my game client even though I have verified the game files.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Later!!

Hey Face,

Ive done a search through this topic for Plot Pole and Base and could only find one person that mentioned it.

Is there any way to prevent AI from spawing on PLOT POLES.

Ive removed all random and dynamic AI spawns, ive black listed certain names from on map, however I still get them spawning at Devil's Castle even though its in the black list exactly as named on the map....

Either or would work, a fix for the names with spaces(or the correct way to input it) or a way to prevent the AI from spawning near Plot Poles

@

Hey Face,

Ive done a search through this topic for Plot Pole and Base and could only find one person that mentioned it.

Is there any way to prevent AI from spawing on PLOT POLES.

Ive removed all random and dynamic AI spawns, ive black listed certain names from on map, however I still get them spawning at Devil's Castle even though its in the black list exactly as named on the map....

Either or would work, a fix for the names with spaces(or the correct way to input it) or a way to prevent the AI from spawning near Plot Poles

I wasn't able to replicate the blacklist problem. I set this in the A3EAI_config.sqf:

A3EAI_staticBlacklistLocations = ["Devil's Castle"];

I added a debugging line in the generateStaticSpawns.sqf to check if A3EAI would recognize Devil's Castle as blacklisted and it did:

17:30:49 "DEBUG: Compare Devil's Castle vs ["Devil's Castle"], match: true."
17:30:49 "A3EAI Debug: Static spawn not created for blacklisted location Devil's Castle."

Note that the debugging lines aren't present in the current A3EAI version, but point is that A3EAI does properly recognize Devil's Castle as blacklisted.

@

I wasn't able to replicate the blacklist problem. I set this in the A3EAI_config.sqf:

A3EAI_staticBlacklistLocations = ["Devil's Castle"];

I added a debugging line in the generateStaticSpawns.sqf to check if A3EAI would recognize Devil's Castle as blacklisted and it did:

Note that the debugging lines aren't present in the current A3EAI version, but point is that A3EAI does properly recognize Devil's Castle as blacklisted.

Yes well we have several problems then FACE.

I had it that exact way and Yes it recognized it but they still spawned there.

I will now add, I have random and dynamic spawns turned off and yet up in the north woods I just had an AI spawn on me.

Not sure whats going on

If you need anything I can PM ya my configs, etc

Just to add.

I currently have devils castle listed as blacklist on all the individual [];

I also added a blacklisted location in custom defs as such:

["DevilsCastle",[6800,3900,0],500] call A3EAI_createBlacklistAreaQueue;

and I still just got 2 ai spawn spawning on my idle player while inside devils castle.....

Im at a loss

Downloaded the new files and looked on the wiki for install instructions. With the old one i used to put #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf"; inn the init.sqf. Noticed on the wiki it doens't mention this. Is it not needed anymore?

The Wikia page instructions are only for A3EAI itself, not the client addon or anything else. The #include statement is still required and it's still part of the client addon install instructions.

Quick announcement to all users, due to a bug in the krypto pickup assist feature in 0.8.1 affecting the A3EAI cleanup script, please do disable the krypto pickup assist if you have enabled it. It is disabled by default. 0.8.2 will be released over the weekend to fix this.

This addon has been great for me on my server, but after I updated the server to epoch 0.3.1.0 the server will not start. In the .RPT is has the following message

19:54:11 Warning Message: Addon 'A3EAI' requires addon 'a3_epoch_code'

I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this?

This addon has been great for me on my server, but after I updated the server to epoch 0.3.1.0 the server will not start. In the .RPT is has the following message

19:54:11 Warning Message: Addon 'A3EAI' requires addon 'a3_epoch_code'

I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this?

You forgot the @epoch folder....

Download and add the epoch client for 0.3.1 to your server