A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

Dark I also looked into that. Sadly though he has it posted I think on the Wikki that he will not change it so you can use AI vehicles. Perhaps if you get a vote thread together to make it server owner decision he might reconsider. There are a few things he has said can not or will not be done. If you figure it out or anyone figures out how to make AI vehicles useable let me know. I would like to make those the only ones on the map. Making getting a vehicle a challenge again like with A2 where you had to gather parts to get one to work. 

Dark I also looked into that. Sadly though he has it posted I think on the Wikki that he will not change it so you can use AI vehicles. Perhaps if you get a vote thread together to make it server owner decision he might reconsider. There are a few things he has said can not or will not be done. If you figure it out or anyone figures out how to make AI vehicles useable let me know. I would like to make those the only ones on the map. Making getting a vehicle a challenge again like with A2 where you had to gather parts to get one to work. 

That's an excellent idea. I'm talking a look through the code at the moment, got a few other people looking through it as well. Should have an answer shortly.

Is it possible to have a plane AI spawn?  I tried switching 1 of the choppers from the list of chopper spawn vehicle types with a plane that's on my server but it doesn't seem to work. I see the 2 chopper types now, but the chopper I swapped out for the plane is missing and no plane AI in it's place.

Is it possible to have a plane AI spawn?  I tried switching 1 of the choppers from the list of chopper spawn vehicle types with a plane that's on my server but it doesn't seem to work. I see the 2 chopper types now, but the chopper I swapped out for the plane is missing and no plane AI in it's place.

I've always used planes without any issues. What is the classname of the plane you're trying to use? And does your server RPT log have any errors or anything relating to the plane?

I had that same exact idea, i second that

I've always used planes without any issues. What is the classname of the plane you're trying to use? And does your server RPT log have any errors or anything relating to the plane?

Hi.  It's B_Plane_CAS_01_F (the A10 type plane) ... what file do I check for errors?

Your RPT file is named arma3server_<datestamp>.rpt and the folder it is in may differ depending on your server provider, but is named "SC" using stock Epoch files. As a server owner you absolutely need to be very familiar with these log files.

If it helps any, the plane classname that I've always used without problem is "O_Plane_CAS_02_F", but any other plane should work.

Thanks. I'll try it out again once I'm done getting my server back online (currently switching maps).  While I have your attention, will unmanned planes also work? Like the O_UAV_02_CAS_F? Or does there need to be an actual AI person in there?

Unmanned vehicles like the UAVs will not work in A3EAI 0.7.0, but support for air/land unmanned vehicles will be added in 0.8.0.

Hey Face, I just want to compliment you on your effort and patience in answering questions and how you actively support your mod. Well done.  :)

Thanks dude, I do what I can.

Unmanned vehicles like the UAVs will not work in A3EAI 0.7.0, but support for air/land unmanned vehicles will be added in 0.8.0.

Thanks dude, I do what I can.

Unmanned vehicles sounds cool but they don't have a brain do they I mean are they not player controlled in game, on the other hand ai must have control in Arma 3 by default I suppose for the mission system, you can tell I have not played Arma 3 much can't you, lol

Great :D There are so many possibilities with that. For instance imagine if like 3 ai on foot can spawn with one of these following them: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma3_CfgVehicles_B_UGV_01_F.jpg... it would almost be like a mini-mission with that as the crate.  Tons of options.  Also thanks for working so hard on this mod, dude. We all appreciate it a lot.

Unmanned vehicles sounds cool but they don't have a brain do they I mean are they not player controlled in game, on the other hand ai must have control in Arma 3 by default I suppose for the mission system, you can tell I have not played Arma 3 much can't you, lol

This is exactly why the current version of A3EAI doesn't support unmanned vehicles, because it requires specific AI units to act as the crew, otherwise the UAVs simply auto-land and the UGVs just sit around doing nothing. They do have the ability to act autonomously when properly "crewed", but it's rather odd compared to normal air/land vehicle patrols. I haven't seen UAVs do anything even though they are armed with missiles, UGVs just roll by firing their machineguns/rockets if they spot any targets, but don't attempt to follow the targets - I posted a short video clip of a UGV in action a few posts back.

Great :D There are so many possibilities with that. For instance imagine if like 3 ai on foot can spawn with one of these following them: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma3_CfgVehicles_B_UGV_01_F.jpg... it would almost be like a mini-mission with that as the crate.  Tons of options.  Also thanks for working so hard on this mod, dude. We all appreciate it a lot.

I'm still not sure what role the UAVs/UGVs will play, so the first release for UAV/UGV support will have them patrol the map solo like the normal AI vehicle patrols, as a sort of test. I am open to the idea of having UAVs/UGVs accompany infantry groups, but a lot of testing will have to be done since A3EAI doesn't currently support mixed-role groups (ie: infantry + vehicle).

This has probably been brought up in the thread - but there are so many pages  <_<

Can anyone point me to the correct location where I can edit whether or not you get kicked out of AI vehicles when trying to use them?

Thanks!

Ah .. well surely that should be a decision made by each individual server owner?

I had that same exact idea, i second that

I agree that it should be server decision beats having random vehicles just setting there for the taking, Makes you have to work for it...

This is the current rolling changelog for 0.8.0. I may have missed a couple of minor details since a lot of code was shifted around and files renamed/created/deleted.

This new update is focused on performance, features, and bug-fixing. Right now, everything is "feature locked" meaning that the time between now and actual release is dedicated to tracing down any bugs left behind from testing, so the changelog should be more or less the same. Everything looks relatively stable so release should be within a week from now.

A3EAI 0.8.0

Files changed:
A3EAI.pbo update required: Yes
A3EAI_config.sqf update required: Yes
A3EAI Client Addon update required: Yes
Headless Client Files/Keys update required: Yes

[NEW] Added UAV/UGV patrols for testing purposes, see documentation in A3EAI_config.sqf for details. Note: UAV/UGVs are not currently available for custom spawns.
[NEW] Added additional radio dialogue for UAV/UGV detection events.
[NEW] AI infantry waypoints now modify themselves on-the-fly to include locations of nearby players and lootable objects for better patrol path variation.
[NEW] AI air vehicles now have a 2-stage patrol behavior (Travel + Search). When in searching mode, AI air vehicles will slow down to Limited speed, fly at a lower altitude, and begin searching the area for players.
[NEW] Added ability for A3EAI to cancel spawning AI infantry if player found too close to spawning position. Previously, AI were set to temporary peaceful status if players were somehow too close to spawning position.
[FIXED] Regrouped status for AI land vehicle patrols is now properly communicated between dedicated server and headless client.
[FIXED] Dedicated server will no longer transmit AI group data to headless client until group ownership has been transferred over to the HC to reduce amount of unnecessary network traffic.
[FIXED] Fixed bug where transferring AI groups to HC would cause new underbarrel grenades (if unit has weapon with such attachment) to be added each time.
[CHANGED] Improved classname verification functions to include all item types defined in A3EAI_config.sqf. For example, A3EAI can check if a classname added as a food item is in fact a food item, or if a helmet is a helmet.
[CHANGED] Static spawning triggers are now created as local objects on the server and headless client instead as global objects to reduce unnecessary synchronization between server and clients.
[CHANGED] Anti-stuck functions will no longer trigger if AI group is currently aware or engaging enemies.
[CHANGED] Reworked AI group management script for increased efficiency and modularity, and to allow for at-will transitions between AI types for AI groups in the future.
[CHANGED] Changed the way AI land vehicle crew regrouped when crew is separated from their vehicle. If driver is alive, vehicle + crew will meet at a location in between their positions. If driver is killed, crew and replacement driver will travel to the vehicle.
[CHANGED] Improved documentation in A3EAI_config.sqf.
[CHANGED] Renamed several settings in A3EAI_config.sqf.
[CHANGED] Slightly increased default Krypto rewards.
[CHANGED] Improved formatting of A3EAI monitor output to RPT log.
[CHANGED] Improvements to anti-stuck functions for AI groups (requires more testing).
[CHANGED] Reduced blacklist area around spawning locations for new players from 900m to 750m. (May slightly increase number of static spawns generated).
[REMOVED] Removed optional init checking for AI vehicles.

Nice changelog. I hope the performance improvements help with server side AI. I tried a HC and saw little improvement in the AI lag. I ended up shutting down the HC because it wasn't worth the effort. Of course the HC was run on a different server at a different location than the game server so that might have something to do with it.

Nice changelog. I hope the performance improvements help with server side AI. I tried a HC and saw little improvement in the AI lag. I ended up shutting down the HC because it wasn't worth the effort. Of course the HC was run on a different server at a different location than the game server so that might have something to do with it.

There are 2 different types of HC setup that I think are "worth it":

1. HC running on same physical machine as dedicated

2. HC running on the same LAN (or data center) as dedicated

In my theory-based opinion, any HC that is outside of the dedicated server's LAN has too much latency (delay) to be worth using.

I'm getting this in the .RPT

ret>
 5:53:29   Error position: <_ret>
 5:53:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
 5:53:29 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 22
 5:53:29 Error in expression <ypointPosition [_unitGroup,0]) distance _wpSelect) > 300) then {
_tooClose = fal>
 5:53:29   Error position: <_wpSelect) > 300) then {
_tooClose = fal>
 5:53:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _wpselect
 5:53:29 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_behavior\A3EAI_heli_patrolling.sqf, line 7
 5:53:29 Error in expression <);   
_ret = _this select _ret;     
};
_ret>

Any thioughts?

Is there anyway for the Krypto dropped, to go right into the bank account of the person who got final blow?

I am new to scripting and would love to see the Krypto go right to your bank account and not be dropped on the ground. Reasoning - I have seen where you cannot pick it up, plus with Epochs -100 crypto for every death, my guys found to have -4000+ bank accounts.

I am new to scripting and would love to see the Krypto go right to your bank account and not be dropped on the ground. Reasoning - I have seen where you cannot pick it up, plus with Epochs -100 crypto for every death, my guys found to have -4000+ bank accounts.

I've been thinking about your idea. Not being able to pick up Krypto is definitely a problem I want to tackle, but I having it simply deposited into the player's bank on kill does not seem a good solution to me. For example, killing AI from a long range would be a high-reward/low-risk method of gaining Krypto when you don't have to endanger yourself by going near the phone object.

An alternate solution I've thought of is to allow players to pick up Krypto by simply going near where the phone object is and wait a few seconds. I still need to see whether I can put this idea into usable code, and whether it will play nice with the Epoch antihack. This method will solve the issue of not being able to get a scroll menu on the Krypto pickup while still retaining some element of risk when looting Krypto.

However since A3EAI is currently "feature locked" for 0.8.0 (otherwise stuff keeps getting added and never released), this change will be added in the update after 0.8.0.

@Styxx: Thank you for your positive feedback, hope you continue to enjoy A3EAI as more updates come.

This is a stock implementation on a brand new server.  The map is chernarus.  I've semi-narrowed it down to something to do with FireDaemon from the looks of it.  If I run it from command line it loads great.  If I execute it from fire daemon, I am getting all kinds of errors like the one above.  Thanks for the response but it doesn't appear to be an A3EAI issue at this point.  Has anyone else found similar issues?