#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

The AI will engage ANY thread when they get shot at, from ANY distance.

Then they will be moved to the client that shot them first, or to the one that is closer to the mission.

From then on. they start to engage anything that is closer than 1.2km and not behind cover.

But when the mission is going to time out, only alive players, closer than 500m (in the next update) can keep the mission ongoing until they killed all remaining AI, destroyed the box, left the area or die.

Greez KiloSwiss

hi! i have installed again in vanilla files server, but now i kicked for script restriction #28..

log:

17:20:12 : Player #0 EmmenBoy (151.33.0.12:10304) connected
17:20:15 : Player #0 EmmenBoy - GUID: f972e944b9e5ec19e5880e7899f89ee9 (unverified)
17:20:15 : Verified GUID (f972e944b9e5ec19e5880e7899f89ee9) of player #0 EmmenBoy
17:20:18 : Script Log: #0 EmmenBoy (f972e944b9e5ec19e5880e7899f89ee9) - #28 "5.0f"
17:20:18 : Player #0 EmmenBoy (f972e944b9e5ec19e5880e7899f89ee9) has been kicked by BattlEye: Script Restriction #28

edit: i found the problem, i pasted wrong in the script file, now script restriction #23.. Help! 

@Richie

Is this init from the mission pbo You have on Your server and that is also downloaded by the clients?

What does the client RPT say, are there any debug lines with the #SEM tag?

Greez KiloSwiss

Yes that is my RPT from my mission.pbo, did you find anything wrong ? It should be as your guide shows.

Client side RPT has no #SEM references, i searched all the .RPT logs stored

@emmenboy

Then check Your filters, if You did everything correctly, as describen in the readme.txt

Check Your scripts.log and your script.txt

@Richie

That's not a good sign, because it should.

As soon as You encounter the AI, especially on Your test server (where You are the only player I assume), it should always assign the AI to You and then some entrys should show up in Your RPT, looking like this:

2:06:30 "#SEM: Client taking over AI ownership at Pos [23942.7,17979.7,2], Distance 588.315"
 2:18:39 "#SEM: AI ownership lost - Remaining AIs: 14"
If they don't do, then You have made something wrong and the init does not get loaded correctly, causing all sort of unwanted behaviour.

@emmenboy

Then check Your filters, if You did everything correctly, as describen in the readme.txt

Check Your scripts.log and your script.txt

@Richie

That's not a good sign, because it should.

As soon as You encounter the AI, especially on Your test server (where You are the only player I assume), it should always assign the AI to You and then some entrys should show up in Your RPT, looking like this:

2:06:30 "#SEM: Client taking over AI ownership at Pos [23942.7,17979.7,2], Distance 588.315"
 2:18:39 "#SEM: AI ownership lost - Remaining AIs: 14"
If they don't do, then You have made something wrong and the init does not get loaded correctly, causing all sort of unwanted behaviour.

30.12.2014 17:38:59: EmmenBoy (151.33.0.12:10304) f972e944b9e5ec19e5880e7899f89ee9 - #23 "( ( ( ((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 0.8)"

The new v0.5 is released and available for download in the first post.

@emmenboy

Are You serious?

Please don't fullquote me directly in a following post!

I can't take anyone serious who does this.

Okay I'm sorry but that one line You postet says nothing to me.

You either totally messed up Your BE filters or You have something else running that causes the kicks.

If You want to allow anyone to help You, then pack Your BE log + the filter file and add them as an attachment to Your post.

This way, You are not spamming my thread with useless lines of some logfile, no one knows which one it is (except You).

Or even better, go with the new download, there is an exact description of how to implement the exceptions for the BE filters.

And make sure You start out with new, untouched BE filter files (hopefully You have made a Backup).

Greez KiloSwiss

They let the client spawn the AI directly by himself.

But that is not a working solution for my Mission Script.

The best would be to have a Headless Client connect to the server and run all the scripts, including spawning the AI and then give them move orders etc. without having to change locality of the AI units at all.

But as I already wrote, that option is not available for most server admins.

Greez KiloSwiss

@Survivor

sorry for the trouble, I want to be taken seriously, they are just inexperienced. what I posted is the log of script.log. So now make pack of filters BE and log files? filters BattlEye know what they are, but do not know where to find the log that you need .. im starte from untouched BE filter files.

Yes You deleted the filter in all the lines You edited.

This here:

7 !="_this select 0 addMagazines [_this select 5, 1];"
is supposed to look like this:

7 addMagazine !="_this select 0 addMagazines [_this select 5, 1];"
Or Line 30 of Your scripts.txt

7 !="removeBackpackGlobal _unit;"
should look like this

7 removeBackpack !="removeBackpackGlobal _unit;"
Take a new script.txt and download the new v0.5 of my Missions, then do exactly what's written in the readme.txt

But this time do NOT overwrite the filter, but just add the eceptions BEHIND the filter, in the same line!

btw.

My name is not "Survivor", that is my Forum status "Newbie" ;)

Good luck

Greez KiloSwiss

I'll likely post up my own BE filters once i get all the kinks worked out just to let the topic lay to rest. people have soo much trouble with those for some reason. I mean, granted, they are tedious as hell, but they aren't that difficult to fill out when you have the log file right there to tell you what you need to exempt.

System is working beautifully. AI are much more on target, and from much greater distance. The only thing I just noticed in my test, the AI will not fire upon a vehicle, not even a rocket. Do you think the fact that I was in a Strider made any difference? They pretty much just stared at me, pointing their weapons, and the launcher guy did the same, as if he didn't have a rocket to shoot.

Normally they should fire everything, including Rockets into the direction of Your vehicle, but I only testet it with the default spawning cars.

Normal AI behaviour is, that they don't fire, if they can't harm the target with their weapon.

So AI will never shoot at a Tank with a pistol, unless this pistol fires RPG rounds :)

But the AT guy shoul've fired a few rockets at Your Strider.

So far by myself works great! Just one quick question? lol For the scripts you add in the BE that is in the read me. Do I delete any extra stuff there, cause my magazines one multiple little scripts with it and I added that one to the end. Sorry really really rookie at this.

Hey Kilo, Nice script so far. Just one thing I am now getting this error in the rpt with the latest test files.

22:40:33 Error in expression < SEM_fnc_AIdamageEH;
}count units _group;
_group setCombatMode "YELLOW";
_group >
22:40:33 Error position: <;
_group >
22:40:33 Error Missing ]
22:40:33 File a3epochmissions\scripts\ai\fn_AIactDeact.sqf, line 17
22:40:33 Error in expression < SEM_fnc_AIdamageEH;
}count units _group;