#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

Update to v0.4 is now available for download in the first post.

- You can now define what weapons and magazines will be deleted when the AI is killed (currently RL and Snipers).

- BE Kicks should no longer happen (even thou I had a strange setdamage restriction kick, but that was not related to my missions).

- Removed some weapons from the loot, and added EPOCH Weapons (M16, M4A3, AKM, etc.).

- Replaced all FirstAidKits with EPOCHs "FAK" (Thanks to pr0dukt for the information in )

- And many other changes, just try it out and report back, as usual.

I just added the exceptions now no problems... grab rocket.. shoot rocket... blow up stuff.. no kicks....

I'm sorry, but You won't be able to do this any longer with the new Update ;)

Greez KiloSwiss

oddly enough if I leave  the init code running from the clients side (isDedicated) the markers don't show up, but if I run from the server (isServer) but still in the mission.pbo's init.sqf, they generate fine. I do have infistars filters for local and global markers turned off, so it wasn't that. I'm not sure what on my end would be causing it.

The hint for the mission shows up alright, but the markers do not show on the map for any players. Going to let the server run that bit until i can figure out what is causing it.

Update to v0.4 is now available for download in the first post.

- You can now define what weapons and magazines will be deleted when the AI is killed (currently RL and Snipers).

- BE Kicks should no longer happen (even thou I had a strange setdamage restriction kick, but that was not related to my missions).

- Removed some weapons from the loot, and added EPOCH Weapons (M16, M4A3, AKM, etc.).

- Replaced all FirstAidKits with EPOCHs "FAK" (Thanks to pr0dukt for the information in )

- And many other changes, just try it out and report back, as usual.

I'm sorry, but You won't be able to do this any longer with the new Update ;)

Greez KiloSwiss

My players are getting the setdamage kick as well.

29.12.2014 20:07:54: RoseReaper (67.244.34.170:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 1.000000 1:-1478172820
29.12.2014 20:08:33: RoseReaper (67.244.34.170:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 1.000000 1:-1478172821

Sounds odd, You want me to take a look into Your init, because it seems You are not using the one provided, but a customized/edited one?

I think I was just stupid for a second lol, it was working on my altis server when I threw it on there to run from clientside but chernarus was initially set like;

/if(isDedicated)exitWith{}; //Everything below this line is only executed on the client (player or local host)

//Wait until these variables are broadcasted to the client
waitUntil{!isNil {SEM_removeWeaponsFromDeadAI}};
waitUntil{!isNil {SEM_removeMagazinesFromDeadAI}};
diag_log format["#SEM DEBUG: variables received: Weapons %1 - Magazines %2", SEM_removeWeaponsFromDeadAI, SEM_removeMagazinesFromDeadAI];

fn_createMissionMarker = {	private["_create","_markerPos","_markerName","_marker"];
	_create = _this select 0;

if(!_create)then[{	//delete marker
		if (getMarkerColor "MissionMarker" != "")then{	//Only delete existing Marker
			deleteMarkerLocal "MissionMarker";
		}; 
	},{	//else create marker
	_markerPos = _this select 1;
	_markerName = _this select 2;

_marker = createMarkerLocal ["MissionMarker", _markerPos];
	_marker setMarkerPosLocal _markerPos;
	_marker setMarkerTypeLocal "hd_destroy";  
	_marker setMarkerTextLocal format["%1",_markerName];  
	_marker setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed";
	_marker setMarkerDirLocal -37;
	_marker setMarkerSizeLocal [0.8,0.8];
	}];
};

leading me to believe I left the / on accident, as i was rushing after a restart. About to test it now.  >.< 

I'm at work and haven't had a chance to look at the latest version yet. Are you able to turn off the launchers completely?

Yes, you can from the fn_spawnAi.sqf. It's all customizable.

Also I would like to add some Radio Transmissions into the missions when they load up .. Would I do under here : 

_ogjstr = "<t align='center' size='2.0' color='#ff0000'>Mission<br/>Bandit Base Camp</t><br/><t size='1.25' color='#ffff00'>______________<br/><br/>
A bandit camp has been found!!!<br/>
You have our permission to confiscate any property you find as payment for eliminating the threat!";
GlobalHint = _ogjstr;
publicVariable "GlobalHint";

playSound "soundname"

^^^ would that work .. Would that load the sound file when that mission loads. I was thinking I could load some sound files into the mission file and point them to it. 

Why do all these scripts use the old outdated sleep command instead of uiSleep?

Because there are no time critical functions that relay on a exact delay time.

So sleep does a good job.

I will use UIsleep when I see a use for it.

@Dobrowney

No this will not work that way.

The AI does not move because of a bug in ArmA that i mentioned several times in this thread and there is also an issue You can upvote that I linked to in the first spoiler, right before the download.

And what do You mean with spawn it in the epoch loot?

@Darth_Rogue

I got this kick when I first joined the Server and loaded in flawless after that.

I also got this kick when testing with and without the SEM loaded and without the custom init.sqf inside the mission pbo.

Greez KiloSwiss

@Darth_Rogue

I got this kick when I first joined the Server and loaded in flawless after that.

I also got this kick when testing with and without the SEM loaded and without the custom init.sqf inside the mission pbo.

Greez KiloSwiss

Yeah it's odd that it only seems to be affecting one player so far.  I set the restriction to '3' so it would log it and not kick.  Other people have joined alright.  The guy swears he doesn't have any other mods running.  I've known him for quite a while so I trust him pretty well.  Will keep an eye on it over the next day or so.

Because there are no time critical functions that relay on a exact delay time.

So sleep does a good job.

I will use UIsleep when I see a use for it.

@Dobrowney

No this will not work that way.

The AI does not move because of a bug in ArmA that i mentioned several times in this thread and there is also an issue You can upvote that I linked to in the first spoiler, right before the download.

And what do You mean with spawn it in the epoch loot?

@Darth_Rogue

Greez KiloSwiss

Some of the missions on the Bandit base where spawning in the loot setup by Epoch. Like the bed and stuff. Maybe that was just by chance that happened and not by the script 

Can anyone help me with getting the missions to load the sound files .. in the epoch.Chernarus.pbo  I have a Folder called Custom in there I have some Sound files. One called Radio1.ogg . In the Mission description.ext I have

This at the Bottom 

class cfgMusic
{
    class Radio
    {
        name = "Radio";
        sound[] = {"custom\Radio1.ogg", db+1,1};
    };
}; 

in the  bCamp.sqf mission file I put this : 

playMusic "Radio"
_ogjstr = "<t align='center' size='2.0' color='#ff0000'>Mission<br/>Bandit Base Camp</t><br/><t size='1.25' color='#ffff00'>______________<br/><br/>
A bandit camp has been found!!!<br/>
You have our permission to confiscate any property you find as payment for eliminating the threat!";
GlobalHint = _ogjstr;
publicVariable "GlobalHint";

but it will not load the mission file now or play that music file. Is there anyway I can get the Mission.sqf files to play ogg sound files in the epoch.Chernarus.pbo??   I just want to setup some sound files at the start of the mission and some at the end. 

Hello) mission excellent, everything works, please tell me how to increase the time between the appearance of the missions?

Go to @a3epochmissions>addons>a3epochmissions

Open initMissions.sqf

At line 18/19 change

_minTime = 10;        //Min minutes between missions

_maxTime = 20;        //Max minutes between missions

to something like

_minTime = 30;        //Min minutes between missions

_maxTime = 50;        //Max minutes between missions

@Dobrowney

As I wrote You before (but You refuse to listen/read), it will not work this way.

You use playsound on the server and expect the clients to hear this sound...

But for You, I will add an option to play sounds clientside at mission start or end.

This will be in the next update, please be patient.

Greez KiloSwiss