#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

I see, problem being is lone wolves can't go back, anyway to assign the owner to the next nearest player then ? i'd sooner they time out than fail for dying.

I'm using the init.sqf from the Chernarus.pbo, the latest one.

"GlobalHint" addPublicVariableEventHandler { private "_sound";
    _sound = (_this select 1) select 0;
    switch(_sound)do{
        case 0:{playSound "UAV_05"}; //Mission start
        case 1:{playSound "UAV_01"}; //Mission fail (object destroyed)
        case 2:{playSound "UAV_04"}; //Mission fail (time out)
        case 3:{playsound "UAV_03"}; //Mission success
    };
    hint parseText format["%1", (_this select 1) select 1]
};

@AztecGhost

Ah I forgot it again, silly me!

Edit the file "initMissions.sqf"

In line 36 change

_debug = true;
to
_debug = false;
I will re-pack it with the change and upload it again.

@Richie

The code picks the nearest player if the current "owner" of the AI has moved away from the mission and another player is closer to the missions position.

Also make sure You don't overwrite the "GlobalHint" publicVariableEventHandler with the old one.

I just double checked my files and they all have the new pubVarEH in it.

You should also hear some radio chatter in the background at the time one of the mission hints shows up.

/edit

re-packed the file with debug OFF so the missions will not time out after 5 minutes.

The download is still in the same post.

Greez KiloSwiss

@Richie

The code picks the nearest player if the current "owner" of the AI has moved away from the mission and another player is closer to the missions position.

Greez KiloSwiss

So more than likely it'll run just fine in the live server with players, me being the only one on the test server it fails, cool :)

Have You ever looked inside the initMissions.sqf?

_missions = [
	["bCamp",		"Bandit Camp",		60,	6],
	["supplyVanCrash",	"Supply Van",		30,	10],
	["bPlaneCrash",		"Plane Crashsite",	45,	8],
	["bHeliCrash",		"Heli Crashsite",	45,	8],
	["bDevice",		"Strange Device",	30,	10]	//NO COMMA AT THE LAST LINE!
/*	 1.			2.			3.	4.

1. "file name"  	MUST be equal to the sqf file name!
	2. "marker name" 	Name of the marker that is shown to all players.
	3. time out,		(Number) Minutes until running missions time out (0 or -1 equals no mission timeout).
	4. probability		(Number) High probability = This mission will spawn more often: 0=off 1=low 10=high
*/
];
That should explain it ;)

@Richie

You can check the Servers RPT logfile, it writes down when the AI is transfered to a player and when it looses it (player ragequits after being shot or respawning at the other end of the island).

The script then searches about a minute for new players areound the mission and if it has not found any, it sends the AI back to sleep.

Greez KiloSwiss

Yes You definitely have an issue with the init.sqf, because this code has to be run clientside as soon as the client takes over the AI, because all the eventHandlers are local to the owner of the unit.

Are you sure You uploaded the correct/new mission pbo when the server was shut down?

Because You can't overwrite the mission pbo while the server is running, same goes for loaded mods and config files.

To make sure I always delete the current mission pbo on the server (via FTP), then refresh the folder and after that, I upload the new one.

This way I can be sure that the old version is gone and only the new one is up and loaded on the next server start.

Greez KiloSwiss

@Tophi

I'm not a grammar nazi, You can correct my miserable english at any time, but when I see someone not knowing how to use Your and You're correctly, I have to intervene (and Yes I just googled that word) XD

Your vs. You're

Your car

You're great

Your wife

You're strong

Your job

You're welcome

lol thank you, i just learn how to write it  :)

@Richie

Is this init from the mission pbo You have on Your server and that is also downloaded by the clients?

What does the client RPT say, are there any debug lines with the #SEM tag?

@spurgurgle

Read post and follow the steps described there, or just download the updated version (v0.5 fixed).

I made a little mistake when I first uploaded v0.5.

@Havoc302

Yes, it's fairly easy.

Open the initMissions.sqf and add it to the "_missions" Array.

If it does not work, make sure You check the servers RPT log for any kind of syntax errors!

/Edit

I found the last bug!

The new update is now on it's way.

Greez KiloSwiss

latest test version is working fine on my server atm, ai could do with moving arounda lil more, and i had a mission fail whilst still 460meters out sniping them, my mate who was about 400meters out had just been killed and the mission failed whilst 2 more of us where still there. not sure why it fialed but other then that no issues at all

+!!!

I just installed the missions and it's all working good. I echo what others in the forum have been saying. The mission duration before it fails could be much longer. An hour long mission would be better. Currently, I'm lucky to get there in time to see the mission site before it fails. Last mission I was sniping from about 400 meters. Apparently it failed because I was not close enough?

Very nice work KiloSwiss! It is really a pleasant change to have some AI missions on the map. Some roaming AI would be great too.

Thank you for the AI missions! :D

Testing this on my local test-server, is there some way to have the AI react to their comrades dying? I was at 760 meters and sniped the AI, and the other AI just walked around as if nothing happened. I don't wish to sound like a nagging nancy about it, but to me the problem still is about how easily you can do the missions if you just find an optimal way to do so.

I did upvote that AI-issue. Are there any other workarounds to make them more clever? Like (just using amazing some pseudo-code here ;) )

If AI_friend_X_death {

move AI_friends toward killer_location using stealth and as much cover as possible while shooting

}; 

Lol rookies question, when it says add the follwing exeptions to your BE filters, do i count down 24 lines then add that script to that line? or count 2 down and add that line?

I think it's easier to just copy your scripts.txt file temporarily to notepad++ and count that way. The script starts at 0, so 1 is 2, but I'm pretty sure KiloSwiss tells you the exact line to make the change. He even added his files as example.

My mistake, pretty sure there were examples at one point, but I don't see them in this last test release

Edited by cyncrwler

@FrenzyFire000

Can You provide me Your clients RPT Logfile?

Pack it into a .zip and add is as attachment to Your post or send it to me via PM.

Also did this happen when the mission startet, or when it was finished?

@spurgurgle

AI and moving around = Not possible ATM.

@Snakeyes

I will expand the end mission detection radius from 250 to 500m

Everyone coward sniping the AI from further away has to observe trough his scope, how the mission despawns once it's timed out ;)

@Tobias Solem

Thanks for upvoting this issue.

But You should understand that I can't make tha AI move, as long as this issue exists.

But i made them react with suppressive fire if one of their comrades got shot, or even killed.

@Mudbutt

As cyncrwler wrote, use Notepad++ so You don't have to count the lines.

I will add the name of the filters to where the exception belong into the readme.txt

Greez KiloSwiss

@Dobrowney

As I wrote You before (but You refuse to listen/read), it will not work this way.

You use playsound on the server and expect the clients to hear this sound...

But for You, I will add an option to play sounds clientside at mission start or end.

This will be in the next update, please be patient.

Greez KiloSwiss

Shit thanks man. I did know know what you where replying to .. I asked a few questions or missed that post. Sorry