#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

I just downloaded the latest version v0.5.1 of SEM and I'm ready to install it on my server. How long do the missions run with the current version if the AI does not attach to a thread? Is there a file setting to adjust that? I really like the SEM, but having missions constantly spawning and despawning with the audio/visual notifications gets a bit annoying after a while.

Thanks!

I changed the mission time out to 60 minutes for all missions.

:)

One thing I noticed after loading the v0.5.1 version of SEM, when I die I'm respawning at a new location out on the salt flats (outside). The glass tubes are there as well as the teleport pads. Something is wrong there, but it's not a showstopper at all. Other than that it is looking good so far. I like that when I restart the server and join the game a mission does not spawn in immediately. Also, the increased interval before the mission time outs is much better and a little time passes before the next mission begins. That is more believable. Thanks for the new toy.

Happy New Year Kilo!

:D

Ya someone deleted the building but that's the new spawn point since the last update of Epoch

Not for me. After updating to Epoch v0.2.5.2 I still spawn into the cave when joining a new server or after dying. That is on the Altis map. I'll try joining a different Altis server in a moment and see where I spawn in.

Confirmed. I joined a new Epoch 0.2.5.2 server and spawned in the usual building with the glass tubes and TP pads.

Edited by Snakeyes

I noticed one bug after installing the 0.5.1 kilo: the trader have no function...it's not possible do buy or sell items.

and it's nothing with epoch, cause after reinstalling the version 0.2 all it's working fine!

Buying and selling at the traders has a epoch bug. Traders work fine with the missions.

If you ever have this happen just log out then bag in again and it should fix it.

anyone know how to change the timeouts on the missions? Mine are still timing out at the 5 minute mark. Would like to have them stay for at least 15 minutes.

initMissions.sqf

_missions = [
    ["bCamp",            "Bandit Camp",        45,    6],
    ["supplyVanCrash",    "Supply Van",        45,    10],
    ["bPlaneCrash",        "Plane Crashsite",    45,    8],
    ["bHeliCrash",        "Heli Crashsite",    45,    8],
    ["bDevice",            "Strange Device",    45,    10]    //NO COMMA AT THE LAST LINE!
/*     1.                    2.                    3.    4.

1. "file name"      MUST be equal to the sqf file name!
    2. "marker name"     Name of the marker that is shown to all players.
    3. time out,        (Number) Minutes until running missions time out (0 or -1 equals no mission timeout).
    4. probability        (Number) High probability = This mission will spawn more often: 0=off 1=low 10=high
*/
];

I'm still having players getting kicks for addweaponcargo restriction when killing the ai.  

31.12.2014 17:23:26: Chisel (8.225.212.50:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Katiba_C_F" 0:0
31.12.2014 17:26:52: Chisel (8.225.212.50:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Mk20C_plain_F" 0:0
31.12.2014 17:28:20: Chisel (8.225.212.50:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Mk20_GL_plain_F" 0:0
31.12.2014 17:39:25: Chisel (8.225.212.50:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Mk20_GL_F" 0:0
31.12.2014 18:21:23: Chisel (8.225.212.50:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Mk20_GL_plain_F" 0:0
31.12.2014 18:24:04: Chisel (8.225.212.50:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Katiba_C_F" 0:0
31.12.2014 18:59:37: Harry Canyon (70.190.213.181:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "arifle_Mk20_GL_F" 0:0

Here's my addWeaponCargo.txt:

Am I missing something here?

anyone know how to change the timeouts on the missions? Mine are still timing out at the 5 minute mark. Would like to have them stay for at least 15 minutes.

It's in the readme file. If I recall correctly you change the mission time out setting in the initmissions.sqf found in the @a3epochmission folder. The way it is set-up you can change the time out value for each mission or have them all the same.

Ooops. I missed the post from Richie.

Edited by Snakeyes

@ Snakeyes and Richie...

Thanks but these are the default download settings:

_missions = [
    ["bCamp",            "Bandit Camp",        60,    6],
    ["supplyVanCrash",    "Supply Van",        30,    10],
    ["bDevice",            "Strange Device",    30,    10]    //NO COMMA AT THE LAST LINE!

If I read it right................ Supply mission for example should time out at 30 mins.... well currently its timing out at 5 mins.... Am I not reading that right?

AztecGhost,

The missions seem to be lasting a lot longer for me, but I have been within the AI detection range so that will make the AI persist. I'll try to busy myself with looting and shooting at sappers this afternoon and observe what happens to a mission with no player threads on my test server.

@ Snakeyes and Richie...

Thanks but these are the default download settings:

_missions = [

["bCamp",            "Bandit Camp",        60,    6],

["supplyVanCrash",    "Supply Van",        30,    10],

["bDevice",            "Strange Device",    30,    10]    //NO COMMA AT THE LAST LINE!

If I read it right................ Supply mission for example should time out at 30 mins.... well currently its timing out at 5 mins.... Am I not reading that right?

AztecGhost,

The Heli Crashsite mission lasted exactly 45 minutes like it should.

Not for me. After updating to Epoch v0.2.5.2 I still spawn into the cave when joining a new server or after dying. That is on the Altis map. I'll try joining a different Altis server in a moment and see where I spawn in.

Confirmed. I joined a new Epoch 0.2.5.2 server and spawned in the usual building with the glass tubes and TP pads.

Strange. Now I spawn in at the usual place after playing for a few hours and dying a few times. The last two spawns were back in the building rather than outside on the salt flats.

:huh: