#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

@KiloSwiss  Thanks for the hard work!!

I do have one question, Would it be possible to change the marker system to say an area marker covering a larger area around the mission? With the current system the marker is dead on the location. Would like to see an area marked but the players have to search the area to actually find the mission.

@KiloSwiss Thanks for the hard work!!

I do have one question, Would it be possible to change the marker system to say an area marker covering a larger area around the mission? With the current system the marker is dead on the location. Would like to see an area marked but the players have to search the area to actually find the mission.

I'm sure it's possible but are you asking him to include that or are you going to attempt this yourself? I think he has done enough that you could tinker with it and see if you can figure it out.

trying this on an unsupported map panthera3 so feel free to skip this post.

below is the last message i get before sem goes dark and no missions start.

14:27:54 "#SEM DEBUG: World Data ("Panthera3" [-2,[5192.21,4994.37,0]]) received, waiting for missions to start"
14:27:54 "#SEM DEBUG: Online players: 0"
14:27:54 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_init
14:27:54 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

any tips?

SEM will work with "unsupportet" Islands too, it just takes the Map Center from the world config file, which is not always as accurate, but it should work.

For proper bug reports, make sure You add the whole rpt as an attachment to Your post.

For anyone interested, I'm currently working on a function to get the predefined locations from the world config to figure out locations for a town invasion or a possible convoy destination.

Screenshots in the spoiler:

The Markers are only there to visualize the different types of areas on the island.

The script was originally made for ArmA2 and will later be part of the fn_getWorldData Function.

findLocations_chernarus.png

findLocations_altis1.png

findLocations_altis2.png

findLocations_stratis.png

Greez KiloSwiss

Would any happen to have a video of these missions in action? (meaning how the markers appear on the map and players eliminating the AI units). I'm just curious to see how these execute live before I implement . 

Also any known issues running in conjunction with VEMF ?

Thank you in advance and thank you KS for sharing 

if he is looking for one, i could quite happily put one together 

Would any happen to have a video of these missions in action? (meaning how the markers appear on the map and players eliminating the AI units). I'm just curious to see how these execute live before I implement . 

All mission systems run together. SEM, VEMF, and blckeagls as well. You just need to place them in your init.sqf in the proper locations so they can be called. I have them all running currently, and there doesn't seem to be any serious performance issues yet. We are low pop right now, but will adjust as things change.

Exactly pr0dukt, I will keep this missions simple, if anyone is looking for an advanced mission framework, Vampire is doing a great job in developing VEMS, take a look by Yourself: 

I am currently working on new functions, including features that can only be achieved with AI hosted on the server, which means they can be moving from point A to point B, patrolling around areas and drive vehicles (convoys).

But I don't guarantee that any of this will ever be implemented, so it might stay as simple as it currently is, with only static AI, maybe some more variety in the missions and that's it.

I'm working on this little project only for fun, and during my free time so don't expect it to become THE mission system You want, especially because VEMS will be that soon.

@Leigham

Feel free to put together a video, You don't need my permission to do this :)

I also recorded some of my test sessions but nothing with a group or during a live session on a crowded server.

Greez KiloSwiss

i am running this mission system and VEMF no problems at all! both great mission systems and very nice combination

Modifications and additions to this Mission file is fantastic.

I added all my static AI mission that broke with official files running great.

There are more wrecks and animations you can add to the missions.

You can find the additional wrecks by searching through the arma pbo's.

I have to admit with full servers every night and the missions running 1-2 minutes after the prior this has been kicking ass since 0.3!

Thanks Kilo for all your hard work both with this and other additions you have made for the community

I went ahead and implemented this on my server , THANK YOU Kilo for sharing this.. :)  Great work man

I just have one question/request is there a means to have the AI patrol around inside the mission footprint? It seems as they currently function they are just remaining stationary even if I engage them and move away. They will not pursue or attempt to flank.

NOOB QUESTION WARNING!!!!!

In the readme.txt is says

- scripts.txt Line 24:
	After the filter named 'addMagazine' add:
		!="_this select 0 addMagazines [_this select 5, 1];"  

My lines are different, but there is no addMagazine line......      should I add a NEW line with 7 addMagazine !="this select 0 addMagazines [_this select 5,1];"   ????????

v0.7.1 tested and running without problems, thanks. 

Got one idea while i was going through the code, probably you wanna add this ? 

I came across the BIS_fnc_ANN function that could be used (http://www.kylania.com/ex/?tag=bis_fnc_aan) for announcing missions (looks cooler then the "hint" field) and doesn´t require to define any display stuff.

Here´s a working example:

in the server mission file (example bCamp.sqf)

SEM_globalNews = ["A bandit camp has been discovered!","You have our permission to confiscate any property you find as payment for eliminating the threat!"];
publicVariable "SEM_globalNews";

init.sqf (Mission)

"SEM_globalNews" addPublicVariableEventHandler { 
	[parseText format ["%1",(_this select 1) select 0], parseText format ["                              %1", (_this select 1) select 1]] spawn BIS_fnc_AAN;
	[30] execVM "scripts\newsEnd.sqf";  //Argument is the timeout for the news overlay
};

newsEnd.sqf

private ["_i","_timeout"];
_timeout = _this select 0;
_i = 0;
while {true} do {
	_i = _i +1;
	if (_i==_timeout) exitWith {
		(uinamespace getvariable "BIS_AAN") closedisplay 1;
	};
	sleep 1;
};