[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

UPDATE to 0.2.5 https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System/tree/0.2.5

0.2.6 Features

#rename missions folder to EMS
#using DZAI_protectObject instead of Sarge variable @ testing

If u find any bugs right now tell me im here for the next 24hrs !Then i will leave the country i live for 2 weeks and beeing on a big ship !

Major SM5/SM13 fixed

@torndeco

https://github.com/Torndeco/Epoch-Missions/commit/705a0518704aca06e0a7055d340a8ef69b9e7f16 link doesnt work

http://community.bis....com/wiki/isNil
if !(isNil "MCoords") then {
  // Insert Marker Code
};
Also if u want u can improve the random timer code with..
 https://github.com/T...40a8ef69b9e7f16
Edited by Fuchs

https://github.com/Torndeco/Epoch-Missions/blob/master/dayz_server/addons/Missions/mission_functions.sqf#L131-L140

Note i have the timer values reversed compared to the mission timer code u are using.

i.e

_wait = [300,600] call mission_timer;

edit:

The reason for why the orignal code is bad...

If u used the values 300/600

It would pick a random number 0->600.

If the number is under 300 it would repeat & pick a random number 0->600.

This would keep happening until it picked a good number (300->600).

THX Torndeco for your hint !

THX waTTe for the marker fix !

For those who want to test 0.2.6 use this link https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System has been tested the last 24hrs and just the sniper/axemurderer mission seems buggy atm.

Stable Version is 0.2.5 https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System/releases/tag/0.2.5

Edited by Fuchs

17:10:14 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4868.49,7624.92,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:1 | Loadout:["Sa58P_EP1","30Rnd_762x39_SA58"] / Num:2"
17:10:14 Error in expression <loadout select 2;
_aiammo2 = _ailoadout select 3;
_aiunit addweapon _aiwep1;
_ai>
17:10:14   Error position: <select 3;
_ai>
17:10:14   Error Nullteiler
17:10:14 File z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf, line 116
17:10:14 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4869.49,7625.92,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:2 | Loadout:["BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"] / Num:0"
_ai>
_ai>
17:10:14 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4870.49,7626.92,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:3 | Loadout:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"] / Num:3"
_ai>
_ai>

hmm?

und das neuste update mit dem EMS ortner will einfach nicht starten -.-

For those who want to test 0.2.6 use this link https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System has been tested the last 24hrs and just the sniper/axemurderer mission seems buggy atm.

Stable Version is 0.2.5 https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System/releases/tag/0.2.5

If u use 0.2.6 u may see the error ...

missions have been changed to EMS

17:10:14 File z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf, line 116

Edited by Fuchs

The better way is Github !

If u dont have a account put it over here ...

BTW : Thx for your PartPlank fix !

See you guys like Github fixes coming in from people !

Community heads up to EMS ,everyone is invited to make the best Mission System !

Fixed some more issues for 0.2.6 maybe if no one reports any issue until 23:00 CET i will tag it as official release !

Edited by Fuchs

I've just installed DZAI (1.9) and EMS )(0.2.5) and things look to be working well for the most part - I need to tweak settings to get the spawn rate etc right, but that's just trial and error.

2 problems I am encountering now though are:

1) Mission Gear / loot - the crates don't spawn. Has anyone enocuntered something similar? I have Infistar ( instaled which I guess could be the cause? Any thoughts on this would be great.

2) Mission locations - missions span off map in the deep sea. I assume that this is because the map locations are set for chernarus where I run Panthera (Epoch 1.0.3.1)? If this is the case, does anyone have the locations set for Panthera  they'd be willing to share? If not, any ideas ? :)

thanks

I use this on panthera and you can get pretty good spawn locations working using BIS_fnc_findSafePos; instead of the coords

something like this:

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

It won't be perfect 100% of the time but it's better than using the default until you can find all the coords you want to use.

1) Mission Gear / loot - the crates don't spawn. Has anyone enocuntered something similar? I have Infistar ( instaled which I guess could be the cause? Any thoughts on this would be great.

Are you using the stock infiSTAR menu from Nitrado/your host?

If yes, there's a high chance the HACKED BOX Check (_CHB) setting is turned on and you won't be able to customize the AH so that _CHB = false; this will usually result in the AH removing mission cargo crates.

Hmm i seem to be getting this in the error logs, and some missions do not spawn AI,

I get the crates to spawn tho...

10:22:22   Error Zero divisor
10:22:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf, line 116
10:22:22 "AIUNIT: Last Waypoint [O 1-1-D,4] at [3301.44,10849.7,40]"
10:23:09 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2013,12,27,13,23]"
10:24:24 "DZAI Monitor :: Server Uptime - 0 d 0 hr 11 min 24 sec. Active AI Units - 0."
10:24:24 "DZAI Monitor :: Static Spawns - 0 active static triggers. 0 groups queued for respawn."
10:24:25 "AIUNIT: Spawn initiated: Centre:[3853.04,7764.09] | Radius in m:80 | Waypoint number:6 | WeaponLevel:1"
10:24:25 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [3854.04,7765.09,0]. Result:O 1-1-E:1 | Loadout:["AK_47_M","30Rnd_762x39_AK47"] / Num:0"
10:24:25 Error in expression <loadout select 2;
_ai>
10:24:25   Error position: <select 3;
_ai>
10:24:25   Error Zero divisor
10:24:25 File z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server.sqf, line 116
10:24:25 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [3855.04,7766.09,0]. Result:O 1-1-E:2 | Loadout:["BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"] / Num:0"
_ai>
_ai>
10:24:25 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [3856.04,7767.09,0]. Result:O 1-1-E:3 | Loadout:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"] / Num:3"
_ai>
_ai>
10:24:25 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [3857.04,7768.09,0]. Result:O 1-1-E:4 | Loadout:["AK_107_pso","30Rnd_545x39_AK"] / Num:4"
_ai>
_ai>

I use this on panthera and you can get pretty good spawn locations working using BIS_fnc_findSafePos; instead of the coords

something like this:

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

It won't be perfect 100% of the time but it's better than using the default until you can find all the coords you want to use.

Much better, thanks!

Are you using the stock infiSTAR menu from Nitrado/your host?

If yes, there's a high chance the HACKED BOX Check (_CHB) setting is turned on and you won't be able to customize the AH so that _CHB = false; this will usually result in the AH removing mission cargo crates.

I host with Xstream and installed infistar myself. _CHB is set to false though. :(

Enjoy your trip Fuchs! have a nice hoildays! I have a question.

If I insert these lines (see below) in  dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf as you say in the description of version 0.2.6 https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System

if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
//if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

Items which you place in cars, tents, etc are not saved in sql database. The positions of the cars do not save as well. I have to remove these lines in order to get it working back. Any mistake here?

Is it bad if I leave the missiona working without these lines? (I do not understand what these lines are responsible for)

think i fixed it..... now i just have DZAI and EMS running...

i changed every "Sarge" variable to "DZAI" (everywhere e.g. in all mission files where "Sarge" were used or see below.... in server_updateObject.sqf

if (_object getVariable "DZAI" == 1) exitWith {};

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["DZAI",0] != 1)) then
{
_object_position = getPosATL _object;
    _isNotOk = true;
};
};

AND i changed this in server_cleanup.fsm too

"  if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

at class vehicle_cleanup

and by the way.... the start missionpart

//----------InitMissions--------//
MissionGo = 0;
MissionGoMinor = 0;
if (isServer) then {
SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
};
//---------EndInitMissions------//

should be in the init.sqf.... it didnt work in the server_functions.sqf by me

cheers Teasy

visit my server and see the __cur_mp.pbo found after log in on the server at your own pc

85.214.66.54:2302

/users/you/AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache //its a hided folder

feel free to copy :D

and sorry for my english :D

think i fixed it..... now i just have DZAI and EMS running...

i changed every "Sarge" variable to "DZAI" (everywhere e.g. in all mission files where "Sarge" were used or see below.... in server_updateObject.sqf

if (_object getVariable "DZAI" == 1) exitWith {};

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["DZAI",0] != 1)) then
{
    _isNotOk = true;
};
};

AND i changed this in server_cleanup.fsm too

"  if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

at class vehicle_cleanup

and by the way.... the start missionpart

//----------InitMissions--------//

MissionGo = 0;

MissionGoMinor = 0;

if (isServer) then {

SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system

SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system

};

//---------EndInitMissions------//

should be in the init.sqf.... it didnt work in the server_functions.sqf by me

cheers Teasy

visit my server and see the __cur_mp.pbo found after log in on the server at your own pc

/users/you/AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache //its a hided folder

feel free to copy :D

and sorry for my english :D

hi mate where abouts in yout INT did you put it? thanks

17:10:14 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4868.49,7624.92,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:1 | Loadout:["Sa58P_EP1","30Rnd_762x39_SA58"] / Num:2"
_ai>
_ai>
17:10:14 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4869.49,7625.92,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:2 | Loadout:["BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"] / Num:0"
_ai>
_ai>
17:10:14 "AIUNIT: Creating Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4870.49,7626.92,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:3 | Loadout:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"] / Num:3"
_ai>
_ai>

hmm?

und das neuste update mit dem EMS ortner will einfach nicht starten -.-

i am getting this similar to this error and the ai spawn fine i dont get an error and the ai dont spawn?? :/

If I insert these lines (see below) in dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf as you say in the description of version 0.2.6 https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

Items which you place in cars, tents, etc are not saved in sql database. The positions of the cars do not save as well. I have to remove these lines in order to get it working back. Any mistake here?

Is it bad if I leave the missiona working without these lines? (I do not understand what these lines are responsible for)

I had this problem a long time ago .thats really strange cause on my server its working. Also my admins didnt contacted me about this bug happening again ..so when im back i will look into it as ,could also be that i missed something which is running only on my end and which is may needed.

Some missions are bugged i know : i noticed dead ai on 2-3 missions on 2 i had no spawn and no mission ending... greetz from marseille

If I insert these lines (see below) in  dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf as you say in the description of version 0.2.6 https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-Epoch-Mission-System

I had the same problem untill i found out that i at first misunderstood the part on how to change the server_updateObject.sqf.

In the install instructions is says:

Around line 22 look for this:

{
diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
//force fail
_objectID = "0";
_uid = "0";
}; 

Insert this after it:

but actually you only need to insert the line that says: 

Then change the following:

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
	{
    	_isNotOk = true;
	};
};

to

{
    	_isNotOk = true;
	};
};

Well that atleast fixed the problem for me, so if that's not your problem then i don't know, but atleast i might have helped someone who misunderstood the instructions as i did :)