Discussion about coming 1.0.2.4 update

OtterNas3

First of all thanks for the fine mod!

I want to start a discussion about the Rolling update 1.0.2.4 anyone is free to comment what he guess.

'
1.  [UPDATED] New version of Axemans light system http://dayzepoch.com...Lighting_System
2.  [UPDATED] Abort time reworked to use the abort button to show count down. Thanks to Skaronator for the help.
3.  [ADDED] New loot and zombie spawn positions. You can now find items on many more shelves and tables.
4.  [ADDED] Iron Ore mining from rocks using a sledge hammer. 4 ore + 1 water bottle and a fire = 1 scrap metal. thanks to Axeman!
5.  [ADDED] If you logout near another player your backpack contents will be wiped. It it very important you do not logout next to another player.
6.  [ADDED] New intro screens from 1.7.7 thanks to Skaronator.
7.  [ADDED] New opt-in 3d color coded name tag system that allows you to choose to show your name or not. Your name is displayed color coded based on your humanity. Red text equals -5000 humanity and blue +5000 everyone else is displayed with white text. Thanks go to ToeJam and Gimmic for the ideas. The distance of this tag defaults to 25 meters and can be changed with DZE_HumanityTargetDistance.
8.  [ADDED] Podagorsk trader citys by Axle. Also added BI keys for Podagorsk from play with six http://play.withsix....8-fdf_podagorsk.
9.  [ADDED] Hotwire kits found rarely on policeman zombies and even more rarely in vehicles. Have a %75 chance to work and are consumed on use.
10. [ADDED] Vehicle cargo is now locked when the vehicle is thanks to Zac Surplice.
11. [FIXED] Zombies now attack anyone before only your own zombies would attack you causing them to stand around other players.
12. [FIXED] Vectoradd function zero divisor fix thanks to Zac Surplice.
13. [FIXED] Suppress gas mask errors from overwatch players thanks to Skaronator.
14. [CHANGED] Close combo lock gui after each try.
15. [CHANGED] Modular building and safes now place perfectly vertical. This may cause some issues with existing bases.
16. [CHANGED] All armed vehicles now spawn with no ammo and on each restart. You must now find then add your own ammunition to wreak havock.
17. [REMOVED] Old tag system removed in favor of new system mentioned above.
18. [REMOVED] Big cargo boat in "sigisolda6" was causing lag remove it and major FPS gains are had thanks to mathewjknott for pointing this out.
19. [REMOVED] Removed quicktips from loading screen to fix blackscreen issue thanks to Skaronator.
'

4. Great addition! Lets go miners ^^

5. I guess many problems will occour with this, because if server crashs and you are on the go with a group, what happens then? All Backpacks get empty? Why should the Backpack content get wiped when you logout near another player? how much is the distance to "safe logout"?

7. Such a great addition, so the Friendly tag will removed for this if i understood it right? Will there be a option in selffunctions for the player to select on mousewheel to show name or not?

10. THANKS for that addition! This will make so many players very happy :)

11. What is the trigger to attack nearby players? Noise/Sight? Will they go crazy running from one player to another if youre in a player group +2?

12. This will be fun for Server admins... I hear them crying alrdy why the base looks ugly now and how it can be fixed! Great addition for Bases that are yet to be build but not for bases that are build alrdy. Maybe dosnt apply it to alrdy build stuff and only do it with new build items?

14. Ok it will take a bit longer then for the lock pickers.

15. See comment on 12.

16. On every restart? Ok it was a bit easy that the ammo got refileld every restart. BUT: If i fill up the ammo and then the server restarts 2 minutes later, or it crashs, the ammo is empty again? This will make many many players cry for admins!

Not possible to just spawn all new random vehicles without ammo, spawn bought cars full of ammo, and just NOT do anything with it on restart? Just a suggestion.

18. Dont run Chernarus map but thanks for adding this fix to it! Noticed on other servers that it is causing alot of fps drop.

19. Just thanks!

Moo,

Otter

I am happy about all the changes!

One minor but, you underestimate the importance of the combolock change. It makes it effectively impossible to brute force locks- the time it would take to brute is now tenfold. It is more time efficient to hatchet the wall down. 

1. If you logout near another player your backpack contents will be wiped. It it very important you do not logout next to another player <--- this is gonna be a admin nightmare.
  2.  Hotwire kits found <-- whats the meaning with this ? steal locked cars ? why even have locked cars then ?

Definitely not a fan of #5 and I hope that's something that can be changed in the server config. I've got a lot of players that cooperate with each other and share bases, so they may be near each other when one has to log off, plus the previously mentioned server crash, or like I had today - a BSOD. 

16. [CHANGED] All armed vehicles now spawn with no ammo and on each restart. You must now find then add your own ammunition to wreak havock.

Please clarify this. Does this affect purchased vehicles or spawn vehicles only? 

What about the armored SUV? Will there be bulk ammo crates for the M134? Can it be purchased?

First of all thanks for the fine mod!

I want to start a discussion about the Rolling update 1.0.2.4 anyone is free to comment what he guess.

5. I guess many problems will occour with this, because if server crashs and you are on the go with a group, what happens then? All Backpacks get empty? Why should the Backpack content get wiped when you logout near another player? how much is the distance to "safe logout"?

7. Such a great addition, so the Friendly tag will removed for this if i understood it right? Will there be a option in selffunctions for the player to select on mousewheel to show name or not?

10. THANKS for that addition! This will make so many players very happy :)

11. What is the trigger to attack nearby players? Noise/Sight? Will they go crazy running from one player to another if youre in a player group +2?

12. This will be fun for Server admins... I hear them crying alrdy why the base looks ugly now and how it can be fixed! Great addition for Bases that are yet to be build but not for bases that are build alrdy. Maybe dosnt apply it to alrdy build stuff and only do it with new build items?

15. See comment on 12.

16. On every restart? Ok it was a bit easy that the ammo got refileld every restart. BUT: If i fill up the ammo and then the server restarts 2 minutes later, or it crashs, the ammo is empty again? This will make many many players cry for admins!

Not possible to just spawn all new random vehicles without ammo, spawn bought cars full of ammo, and just NOT do anything with it on restart? Just a suggestion.

18. Dont run Chernarus map but thanks for adding this fix to it! Noticed on other servers that it is causing alot of fps drop.

19. Just thanks!

Moo,

Otter

5. We are always looking into different way to prevent this. The reason behind this is to fix a major dupe issue.

7. Globes will be removed in favor of the new tag friendly system.

11. The trigger is still the same, there was an issue with animations happening causing the zombies to not attack a player that didn't spawn that zombie.

16. That can be looked into.

1. If you logout near another player your backpack contents will be wiped. It it very important you do not logout next to another player <--- this is gonna be a admin nightmare.
  2.  Hotwire kits found <-- whats the meaning with this ? steal locked cars ? why even have locked cars then ?

You have a 75% chance to unlock a locked vehicle. The item is super rare. This can mainly be used to fix up and sell those long lost locked vehicles instead of just blowing them up. Or stealing another players very nice ride :P 

Please clarify this. Does this affect purchased vehicles or spawn vehicles only? 

What about the armored SUV? Will there be bulk ammo crates for the M134? Can it be purchased?

The ammo will spawn in the world as loot. It can also be added to the trader if the server admin/owner wants it to be. Both spawned in and purchased vehicles will start with no ammo.

Hi,

first nice work , but i doesnt like the hotwire system ....

i talked to my admins and we are all the same opinion...this could make trouble...

please think about a opportinity to choose .. hotwire yes or no ...

like DZE_HotWireSystem_enable true/false

thanks

Darkcloud

#5 *sigh* more cry's for admin help.

#16 so whats the point in even adding ammo to your vehicle at all if it is only going to poof on restart? our server has a heavy AI mod and we have allowed people some more heavily armed vehicles to combat them. now due to this addition all of those vehicles are going to basically be pointless... will there be a way to disable this? Our server is an RP PVE server and the ability to combat the heavy amount of AI we have added is a huge part of our server and without that ability...  well our servers main story would be pointless because we would have to tone down the AI to make them combat-able by normal weaponry.

#5 *sigh* more cry's for admin help.

#16 so whats the point in even adding ammo to your vehicle at all if it is only going to poof on restart? our server has a heavy AI mod and we have allowed people some more heavily armed vehicles to combat them. now due to this addition all of those vehicles are going to basically be pointless... will there be a way to disable this? Our server is an RP PVE server and the ability to combat the heavy amount of AI we have added is a huge part of our server and without that ability...  well our servers main story would be pointless because we would have to tone down the AI to make them combat-able by normal weaponry.

Vehicles are just like guns now in that you will have to loot or buy ammo for them. Unmentioned in the changelog is that all ammo box types now spawn as loot. 

Vehicles are just like guns now in that you will have to loot or buy ammo for them. Unmentioned in the changelog is that all ammo box types now spawn as loot. 

however for vehicles that are not normally in epoch such as the Mi-24 for instance will that still hold true? i have tried spawning in the ammo for ones that are not already in epoch but have not been successful as of yet

What ammo types have been added in as items?

however for vehicles that are not normally in epoch such as the Mi-24 for instance will that still hold true? i have tried spawning in the ammo for ones that are not already in epoch but have not been successful as of yet

Working on it now.

Heads up to remove the backpack  thing.

SQF/dayz_server/compile/server_playerSync.sqf

+    _playerBackp = [typeOf _backpack,getWeaponCargo _backpack,getMagazineCargo _backpack];
-    if(_playerwasNearby) then {
-      _empty = [[],[]];
-      _playerBackp = [typeOf _backpack,_empty,_empty];
-    } else {
-      _playerBackp = [typeOf _backpack,getWeaponCargo _backpack,getMagazineCargo _backpack];
-    };

You have a 75% chance to unlock a locked vehicle. The item is super rare. This can mainly be used to fix up and sell those long lost locked vehicles instead of just blowing them up. Or stealing another players very nice ride :P

Would this not be better left as an admin task? I'm guessing that server cleanup will be one of the last things on a player's mind when he's trying to hotwire a car. I know you say it's a super rare spawn, but this change greatly devalues one of the best features of Epoch, IMO.

Just seems a bit of a conflicting change considering you're also releasing locked inventories in the same patch.

I welcome the changes in this patch, looks like some good ones. If the backpack deletion one stops dupers in their tracks, I'm all for it - just another thing to add to the checklist before logging off.

In regards to mounted vehicles requiring ammo, can we get an option to remove the current ammo too, if this hasn't already been added?

I welcome the changes in this patch, looks like some good ones. If the backpack deletion one stops dupers in their tracks, I'm all for it - just another thing to add to the checklist before logging off.

In regards to mounted vehicles requiring ammo, can we get an option to remove the current ammo too, if this hasn't already been added?

Good question. I'd imagine we could look into it.

#4 isnt really authentic or realistic in any way... why should the gear drop when you logout near another player... which i could never have done before... because it always tells me... cant logoff near another player...

i hear many players cry because of this ^^

#9 will also make some people cry if their superduper LOCKED car has gone overnight...

you took all this effort to make this key system work... and now this?

why not breach the window with a brick or crowbar and steal the car... ^^

Most of the time they wont say the real reason why they cry. Most of the time the only people with the problems are the ones that dupe to get an unfair advantage.

In the real world a brick and crowbar isn't even required to steal a car. Also the items to hotwire a car aren't very uncommon. We have made the kit very very uncommon to find and have a 25% chance to fail and it's consumed even if it works or not.

A question regarding the vehicle ammo: could someone give me a HowTo where you would have to change the spawn rate?

I could imagine that our main admin would re-introduce the banned-due-to-abuse vehicles but would like to have the option to completely remove the Armored SUV's ammo (and, of course, grenade launcher's ammo).

I second the notion to have the ability to remove ammo that you have added - but only if the magazine is completely full, otherwise you can easily refill them using the backpack-relog method.