Has anyone got Epoch Origins working on a VILAYER SERVER?

Stealth79

Question

Hello all,

Call me hopeless but I cannot seem to get Epoch Origins working on my ViLayer server, I have followed the very vague instructions and looked through many forum posts but still cannot find a solution, I can get the server to start but upon login I get stuck on a wait for host screen with the MOTD's running in the bottom left and my IGN flashing in red up the top right corner, I have sent a ticket to ViLayer but as you would expect they only care about one thing, Taking your money, the rest is your problem, funniest managed server I have ever came across in my life, and access to ALL files and functions are to limited to call it a virtual server.

If anyone can help and/or has some sort of step by step tutorial they can offer it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

My advice? Get your own dedibox, i was at vilayer aswel and got no support but got lag instead. Hosts are know to overload their dediboxes, (they host their servers on a dedibox aswel). Since if you host 30 servers on a dedibox that only could handle 15, you get double profit. 

That a side, check your RPT file (arma2oaserver.rpt) for any errors. Make sure you scroll to the bottom, or just copy the file on dropbox/ other and post the link. 

If you need more help, let me know and we could maybe sort this out through TS, PM me for the details.

Regards,

Dutchy

I have a Vilayer server and I would really appreciate a step by step "idiots: guide to setting up Epcoh Origins... I see several posts about how easy it is, and it probably is easy to those that are experienced server admins, but for those of us with less experience its pretty frustrating.

I know it would take up valuable time to write a step by step guide, and we dont even need pictures, those of us that are banging our heads against the wall would really appreciate it if someone would step up and share your knowledge...

Thanks!!

Hello,

I've had a load of trouble trying to get OverPochIns to work but didn't do it in the end. Simply because you do not get all the options that origins has, EI building the houses step by step with concrete etc. It has to be done the epoch way which just ruind it for me really. + It adds stress to your server.

Installation Guide

This is the post made by @LunchBoxCharly ill make quickly make one that is a bit more step by step.

1. Download the Dayz_epoch_origins_2.6.zip here.
2. What you do now is replace your current dayz_server.pbo, located in @Dayz_Epoch_Server, with the one located in the zip file you just downloaded (step 1).
3. Delete your MPMissions folder in your server folder, its the folder where your .bat file/ @DayZ_Epoch/ @DayZ_Epoch_Server is located aswel. Then copy the MPMissions folder located in the zip file you've just download (step 1) and paste it in your server folder.
4. Open HeidSQL, login and double click the database you are using for your server. Mine is called epoch_database.
5. Almoost at the top you should see a tab called Database: (your database), mine is called Database: epoch_database. Next to that there is a blue arrow, click on it.
6. Open the zip file you've downloaded at step 1 and drag the origins.sql in to the blank field in HeidiSQL, so youve open the querry tab (blue arrow) and now you drag it at the top in the blank field.
7. 1 row above the Database: (your database), there are some more buttons and a blue arrow aswel. Click on the blue arrow to run the added sql file. Then restart your heidisql by closing it and reopening it + login in.

---- If you use Infistar ---- 

*** NON ADMINS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD ORIGINS HOUSES IF YOU DO NOT SET TO FALSE OR IT WILL KICK AND BAN THEM***

1.  (_VTC =  true;)  set this to false  (_VTC =  false;) this is located in your @DayZ_Epoch_Server, dayz_server, init.

---- If this does not work, then you need to upgrade your version of infistar. Do this by simply downloading the newest version of infistar and reinstalling it. ---- 

Batch file (If you run from a dedicated server): 

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2666 "-config=instance_13_Tavi\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_13_Tavi\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_13_Tavi" -name=instance_13_Tavi "-mod=@DayzOrigins;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Change the port, to the port your current batch file is using. I use 2302.

Since you've installed a fresh new server you don't really have to make a backup of your database since its easy enough to re- make one.

If you have any more questions or issue's, let me know. And a good idea is asking the guy who started all of this, LunchBoxCharlie. And or reply to his

Regards,

Dutchy

PS: LunchBoxCharlie, if you do not want me to have made a quick guide, let me know and ill delete it.