[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Hey ray mix fantastic work on the script really appreciate the support your showing the community and congratulations on getting this added to 1.0.5.2 keep up the great work! Quick question is the infistar plot pole glitch fixed? (The one where the radius is surrounding the plot pole and creating mass lag?) thanks man and cheers!

Uhm... How? I was using the usual player_build.sqf from 1042 with otternas' snap build and the right click building options, how/why would the controls be removed there?

Because the controls are stored in player_buildControls.sqf with Otternas' snapbuild

Raymix have you done a typo on the Github ?

To only show tutorial text once (per log-in), add this right before closing bracket in line #236 in snap_build.sqf:

] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
            };
        };
    snapTutorial = false;  
};

I think you mean line#263 ?

Megaz

Loving this by the way Good Work and thanks for sharing.

Hey! i had a request!

is it possible to made visible snap points ony to a radius?

example 10 meters arround the player.

the problem now is that ppl have realy big bases and when they build something it shows the snap points from the whole base and frames goes extremly down.

some ppl have only 2 fps when they wana build something.

or only show snap points for the object which is nearest to this u wana build.

would be awesome!

thx

Hey! i had a request!

the problem now is that ppl have realy big bases and when they build something it shows the snap points from the whole base and frames goes extremly down.

some ppl have only 2 fps when they wana build something.

or only show snap points for the object which is nearest to this u wana build.

would be awesome!

thx

I guess this is what you mean?

Q: players on my server build very large bases with hundreds of objects. They reported me about massive fps-drops while using the snap function. So some players can't use it because of older hardware etc.  Any Idea how to reduce the amount of objects or improve the performance

A: Yeah, decrease the range in a snap_build.sqf, default is 15 meters:

1.     _findWhitelisted = nearestObjects [_pos,_whitelist,15]-[_object];

Hi raymix,

First off, thanks for sharing this wonderful mod. Love it!

Quick question, i downloaded / installed the first version of this one and just updated to the latest. Will it 'fix' the gaps it now sometimes leaves between floors after restart?

20f7nd1.jpg

I actually redid in twice thinking that it might be me as well. First time mostly used auto point selection, second time snapped them all on "back" facing the same direction. Did not help, was hoping the updated .hpp file fixed this issue.

Hey ray mix fantastic work on the script really appreciate the support your showing the community and congratulations on getting this added to 1.0.5.2 keep up the great work! Quick question is the infistar plot pole glitch fixed? (The one where the radius is surrounding the plot pole and creating mass lag?) thanks man and cheers!

Hey, bud. Chris is working on that one, haven't tested if it was fixed or not with latest AH release because it has a small bug (reported it, too). This plotpole bug is not directly related to this mod, bug appears with default build system, too.

Raymix have you done a typo on the Github ?

I think you mean line#263 ?

It was a typo, yes well spotted. It's rather line #266, at the end of the function:

fnc_initSnapTutorial = {
//tutorial code
snapTutorial = false; 
};

Hey! i had a request!

I wouldn't suggest going below 10 meters as it fecks up snap points for metal floors. Official release already uses 10 meters, forgot to change on this one, will make an update in few.

edit: changed search radius to 10m by default now. Might add custom radius option for each object in future.

edit2: I've got an idea - gonna add custom radius in config file for each object. This way we can reduce it to 5 meters for most objects and keep 10 meters for floors.

I actually redid in twice thinking that it might be me as well. First time mostly used auto point selection, second time snapped them all on "back" facing the same direction. Did not help, was hoping the updated .hpp file fixed this issue.

Umm, metal floors snaps perfectly fine for me last time I tested. In fact GenCamoUGL shared a nice fix to height offsets for them. Please make sure you run the latest snap points and let me know if it's still an issue.

Umm, metal floors snaps perfectly fine for me last time I tested. In fact GenCamoUGL shared a nice fix to height offsets for them. Please make sure you run the latest snap points and let me know if it's still an issue.

Okay nice one mate, like i said i only tested on the first Snap Building Pro version so was wondering if this was fixed in any of the builds after that :P

Okay can confirm the metal floor issue still persist in the latest version.

Oh, that's something else entirely. If you can build without gaps, then tool works, if it shifts after restart, you something else doing this. I'll see if I can reproduce this problem, but I've seen some topics out there with the same issue.

I found 2 topics: indestructible base code and the arma (which makes more sense)

I want to disable the commanding menu altogether, how do I go about doing that?  It interferes with other tools I have set in place. 

I am using this one my own server, only actions enabled.

compiles:

if (!isDedicated) then {
	player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
	snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
	dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
};