[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Something odd:

I'm using AxeCop's elevator script too and snapped a cinder garage door to a metal floor that at that time was the active elevator stop (me sitting on it).

• After building the thing moved up and down with the elevator though the DB entry never changed from the initial position.
  • I restarted the server and the thing appeared at the correct place. However after moving the elevator it disappeared from the game though the DB entry still was unchanged.
  • The same was true for a garage door first snapped, then snapping untoggled before building.
  • Building the garage door without engaging the snap at all seems to work fine.

Naturally I don't know if this is something initiated by the elevator script (influencing items the elevator touches) or the snapping tool.

But, I'd really like to know why this is happening.

My understanding was that the snap tool 'only' determines the worldspace coordinates of the buildable, there should be no leftover connection whatsoever between items snapped together.

And, for the elevator - it moves through the rest of my tower just fine, without influencing the items it 'passes'.

@mudzereli: thanks for the toggle, much appreciated!

Naturally I don't know if this is something initiated by the elevator script (influencing items the elevator touches) or the snapping tool.

You are correct, it is caused by elevator script.

edit: sry for rather lame response. I had this problem like a month or two ago, players reported their garage doors being lifted together with an elevator when built close by.

I am getting a weird error, well not really a error but i have installed everything to a Tee. Uh, it shows up in game but when trying to hit F to snap it wont drop it it wont snap it it wont do any thing. The snap point highlight like they are suppose to but it wont drop it

I am getting a weird error, well not really a error but i have installed everything to a Tee. Uh, it shows up in game but when trying to hit F to snap it wont drop it it wont snap it it wont do any thing. The snap point highlight like they are suppose to but it wont drop it

make sure spaceInterrupt is installed properly

Not trying to bust any balls but when I put this on my server to test it when I snap Floor to a Floor the new one is 1cm higher, was it something I did or is it just the snap script? Tested on Wood Floors and Metal Floor happens with both. Was kinda funny made a big square for to test it out when and when it came time to place the last floor it was slowly gotten higher and higher then at the end it was 10cm from the 1st one to the last one.

Not trying to bust any balls but when I put this on my server to test it when I snap Floor to a Floor the new one is 1cm higher, was it something I did or is it just the snap script? Tested on Wood Floors and Metal Floor happens with both. Was kinda funny made a big square for to test it out when and when it came time to place the last floor it was slowly gotten higher and higher then at the end it was 10cm from the 1st one to the last one.

could be a broken ghost. No idea why that happens to you personally tho, snapping floors works fine for me. Please keep in mind there is not much you can do to fix this apart from offsetting snap points a bit. 1cm equals to 0.01 units, lets say leave floor as is at 0,0,0 but decrease it's ghost by creating new array with 0,0,-0.01 This will lower height offset by 1cm on pivot point. For the rest of points simply apply the same math.

I test the center points for a while and got it less than 1mm over 1st to 100th items I changed it in the mpmission.pbo\custom\snap_pro\snappoints.hpp to look like this

class MetalFloor_Preview_DZ: FloorsWallsStairs { //fix for broken offsets in ghost
		points[] = {
		{0,0,0.011,"Pivot"},
		{0, -2.64, 0.009,"Back"},
		{0, 2.64, 0.009,"Front"},
		{-2.64, 0, 0.009,"Left"},
		{2.64, 0, 0.009,"Right"}
		};
	};

have you encountered a problem when placing plotpole it spawns, and seems to put the entire radius of the plotpole where the plotpole is placed, MASS desync then ensues

edit:: this is caused by "no plot pole" in infistar, then placing a plotpole

have emailed chris

Just tested it on new steam beta patch, got the same problem.  Any news from Chris?

Hey Raymix - just to check, is the issue below only if you USE the no plot pole by infistar, or does it happen regardless of whether it's toggled on or not?

Did more testing on this, good news is that it has nothing to do with this mod.

Steam beta, Epoch 1.0.5.2 RC

Mod enabled / no PP OFF: works

Mod enabled / no PP ON: broken

Mod disabled/ no PP OFF: works

Mod disabled/ no PP ON: broken

By the looks of it, it's not only pulling all radius sticks into a single spot, it also keep endlessly spawning them, hence the desync (just a theory tho, nothing in logs). All in all it would make no sense to have that option on for admins at all, but ofc this needs to be addressed.

Ahhh kk so in summary is this correct then?

Regardless of using your mod or not, using the plot pole off feature is a bad idea at the mo!

Good news being that using your mod is fine :)

That about right?

Did more testing on this, good news is that it has nothing to do with this mod.

Steam beta, Epoch 1.0.5.2 RC

Mod enabled / no PP OFF: works

Mod enabled / no PP ON: broken

Mod disabled/ no PP OFF: works

Mod disabled/ no PP ON: broken

By the looks of it, it's not only pulling all radius sticks into a single spot, it also keep endlessly spawning them, hence the desync (just a theory tho, nothing in logs). All in all it would make no sense to have that option on for admins at all, but ofc this needs to be addressed.

Coolio :D 

Added it just now and am rebooting - will give feedback soon as I get some from players :)

BTW - Mind if I embed your YT tutorial vid on our community forums? (Will give a link to your channel too of course)

That is correct.

Emailed Chris about the issue anyway.

first of all: thx for this awesome piece of code :)

But players on my server build very large bases with hundreds of objects. They reported me about massive fps-drops while using the snap function. So some players can't use it because of older hardware etc. I think there are too many Sign_sphere's there... Any Idea how to reduce the amount of objects or improve the performance for "low-end-box-with-giant-base"-player?

thx for help - and sry for my english

But players on my server build very large bases with hundreds of objects. They reported me about massive fps-drops while using the snap function. So some players can't use it because of older hardware etc. I think there are too many Sign_sphere's there... Any Idea how to reduce the amount of objects or improve the performance for "low-end-box-with-giant-base"-player?

Yeah, decrease the range in a snap_build.sqf, default is 15 meters

_findWhitelisted = nearestObjects [_pos,_whitelist,15]-[_object];

Is there a way to add a snap point to the wooden stairs so that you can easily place stairs on top of each other to extend the length?

Mudzereli added snap point for bottom part of the stairs, make sure to check out update on github.

I will be doing video tutorial soon showing how to add snap points to almost any object in a game.