Would totally pay.

IIIpl4sm4III

Seeing the development process for this mod, and the dedication that has gone into it would make me want to give you guys money for closed testing release. Obviously, not everyone can be in a closed testing state, wish you could set up a donation section for closed access, because i would totally do that.  :)

Seeing the development process for this mod, and the dedication that has gone into it would make me want to give you guys money for closed testing release. Obviously, not everyone can be in a closed testing state, wish you could set up a donation section for closed access, because i would totally do that.  :)

Per the terms of BIS, they can't "sell" BIS content.

If you want them to have the money, donate it on the right side of the forum.

I know you can't make money off of Bohemia Interactive content, perhaps make it its own file that you install into arma? not sure the limitations on that but w/e , i was just saying, if i could i would, because it looks really good right now :D

Anything coded in languages used by the Arma Engine is considered property of Bohemia unfortunately.

Thats pretty much the mentality of all servers with donation rewards though. They dont know the difference between donating and selling. ;)

What I'm curious about is that the devs have mentioned "keys" a few times in their posts. I wonder how and why they use keys when they are going to be for free.

Thats pretty much the mentality of all servers with donation rewards though. They dont know the difference between donating and selling. ;)

What I'm curious about is that the devs have mentioned "keys" a few times in their posts. I wonder how and why they use keys when they are going to be for free.

I think they are using "keys" not in the literal sense, but just so they don't have to explain themselves when they say "access".

The keys are used for our whitelist system that we use to invite people for testing. They do not and never will "Cost" anything. They are given out to people we feel will help us with testing. They are also used during a more public showing by giving extra keys to youtubers and twitch streamers to help them get viewers via the giveaway. It also gets us some attention and more people interested in the mod.

I do go through the forums and look for people who have gone above and beyond in helping others and have been around for a long time.

But in the end they are used to control the amount of people in the servers so we don't get super overloaded.

Last night we got some new closed testers in pushing the count to about 15 players. This gave us the ability to see things that we couldn't when we only had 2-6 people in the server. As those things get sorted we will be inviting more players to see if we might have missed anything else.

So to be perfectly clear to anyone that doesn't understand my post.

We will never sell keys or give them out for donations. 

Well when they win the Make Arma not war contest they will be receiving a substantial payday haha!  So in a sense they are selling code to Bohemia and Bohemia is buying it right? lol  I wanted to throw you a monkey wrench on that one.

Technically Bohemia is paying someone for something they already own. :P

How dose infiSTAR get away with selling his scripts and even more so copyrighting it. lol

I think he has a disclaimer that he is only charging the money for the time he put into it, not for the script itself, although by barring access to it, in my mind it would be against the terms set by BIS.

Anything coded in languages used by the Arma Engine is considered property of Bohemia unfortunately.

Technically Bohemia is paying someone for something they already own. :P

This seems to be a common misconception, BI does not own our work. We simply have to abide by the tools license, modding, and game usage rules.

The other licenses DML, APL, etc. are for when you use BI assets like A2 content, since we are not using any previous BI assets those licenses do not apply here.