Adding More Things To Base Build

MartynFitz

Question

Hello, 

I have been wondering if it is possible for me to add normal class buildings from Arma 2 and make it so players in game can build these just like they do with a normal cinder wall. If you have any information you could share with me please post below please.

1 answer to this question

yes its possible, but not exactly easy and will probably require a lot of custom scripting.

Option 1:  and completely modify it to create buildings instead of vehicles.

Option 2:  is basically the same but starting from scratch

Start with finding Maca's Extra Right Click options and install that.

Install Emerald Interior Designer... this is totally optional.  If you install it, you will probably get an idea of how Maca's Right Click works with Emerald Script... incase you are unfamiliar with Maca's Extra_RC.  If you already use Maca's script, then you could choose an item to use as material for building with.  There is not too many extra items to play with but you could use gems, bronze, whatever you want.

create a file that does all the checking, building, etc and link it to Maca's right click option.

At this point you can try and see if it works...  if it works then good for you.  If the buildings disappear when you build them you probably need to edit variables.sqf.

make a new array in variables.sqf: -above dayz_allowedObjects = [

CustomBuildingsArray = ["STRUCTURE_CODE1","STRUCTURE_CODE2"];

now at the end of dayz_allowedObjects = [ where you see the closing bracket ]; add   +  CustomBuildingsArray in between the closing backet ] and the semi-colon;

] + CustomBuildingsArray;

Add all the buildings you want to allow to be built into your CustomBuildingsArray.  Obviously, remove or change STRUCTURE_CODES, that's just for example.  This should stop the buildings from disappearing when you build them.