Database issues?

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

Running Epoch 1.0.4.1 with Napf. I spent time building a base before server restart. I had walls, a workbench, shed and an LAV. When the server restarted, I logged in and it was all gone. My character was the same as before the restart - all same gear. I logged out and checked the database and sure enough it's all still there in the database. Is there an issue where the database doesn't load everything correctly?

All my edits are _bldObj but the number isn't really a concern, it's where are the missing vehicles going to ?

_bldObj has nothing to do with that...

For example i am a player in your server...i chop some wood and make a wooden wall.

In the database that wall and a normal epoch spawned vehicle are the same thing.....an object....and probably it will be counted at your 3300 vehicles your log says.

In order to get a clear and clean view of how many vehicles you have on the server, you have to (either in the game files, or in the database) show somewhere that...."hey...these are all the vehicles that epoch can spawn or people can buy......From all of these vehicles which ones exist in my objects_data tables ?......show me now and ignore the rest of the ''vehicles'')

Not sure if this helps, but don't most debug monitors show how many air/bike/boat vehicles are actually on the server?

But back to your problem, if the server is removing vehicles, you'll be seeing it in the hive.log. There's no reason why  a fully repaired dynamic vehicle with gear in it would be removed unless you have someone on the rampage on your server.

Epoch Objects are only those of the parent class ModularItems. The vehicle count includes vehicles + everything else. Also Items loaded in from the mission.sqf are not loading from the hive so are not part of this counter.

Please start a new thread as this one is not related to vehicles disappearing and simply cannot be caused by the 1.0.4.2a hotfix.

Having this same issue intermittantly. I am running Epoch 1.0.4.2 on Dayz.St. I have the issue with both modded and vanilla pbos. While the Object_DATA contains more than 5000 objects, only 103 objects are spawn.

I have tried shutting down the server, closing Dayz Commander and Arma 2, waiting up to several minutes, and restarting, and the problem has persisted. I have also tried changing to a different verions of DayZ entirely then reverting and restoring the database. In many instances, going back to a prior version of a modded PBO rectifies the problem.

My .RPT files is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6rffg9i9gtwt5m/arma2oa.rpt

Any ideas about how to resolve this would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion BetterDeadThanZed.  

I downloaded it from the link provided earlier in this thread and uploaded the dayz_server.pbo and compiled and uploaded the mission contained in that package.  Although there were about 2715 objects in the database, the server spawned only vehicles. I often also experience errors wherein players are spawned at the coast rather than at the location of their last logout.  I really am stumped at this point.

The last few lines of .rpt pertaining to reading the hive and spawning hive objects while running a the vanilla dayz_server.pbo 1.0.4.2a and default mission.pbo follows below.

1:24:12 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
 1:24:12 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
 1:25:03 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
 1:25:03 "HIVE: Starting"
 1:25:03 "server_monitor.sqf execution count = 1"
 1:25:03 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
 1:25:05 "HIVE: found 289 objects"
 1:25:05 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."
 1:25:05 "HIVE: got 0 Epoch Objects and 289 Vehicles"
 1:25:07 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
 1:25:09 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
 1:25:10 UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret
 1:25:10 UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun
 1:25:27 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret
 1:25:27 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun

The full .rpt file is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6rffg9i9gtwt5m/arma2oa.rpt

Thanks -