Database issues?

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

Running Epoch 1.0.4.1 with Napf. I spent time building a base before server restart. I had walls, a workbench, shed and an LAV. When the server restarted, I logged in and it was all gone. My character was the same as before the restart - all same gear. I logged out and checked the database and sure enough it's all still there in the database. Is there an issue where the database doesn't load everything correctly?

Just read through the whole GitHub thread, and the blame seems to be firmly being laid at the feet of the #restart command.

However, as I mentioned in a previous post, my GSP DeluxeGaming have assured me they don't restart the server with a #restart command....therefore I shouldn't be getting this problem, but I have. I'm no coder, but that says to me that it can't be the #restart command. I'm not trying to be difficult, just giving you the info we have to help :)

I use FireDaemon to kill the process and then start it again, I've always done it this way but it wasn't until 1.0.4 this problem started.

Most people who use GSP have confirmed they use #shutdown.

What changed in 1.0.4 ? Changelogs show this

[NEW] Updated Hive Dll to latest from rajkosto and added custom child 396 and 397 call to update the datestamp of base objects. *See notes below! @Tansien @vbawol

Have you considered the possibilty this is the problem and not every server in the world ?

I use FireDaemon to kill the process and then start it again, I've always done it this way but it wasn't until 1.0.4 this problem started.

Most people who use GSP have confirmed they use #shutdown.

What changed in 1.0.4 ? Changelogs show this

Have you considered the possibilty this is the problem and not every server in the world ?

That's what I posted about a couple replies up: 

Using #shutdown in BEC, and /wait to startup armoa2oa , preventing it from starting while its still running. Still having this issue from time to time (in fact, we have over 2000 vehicles now, while having it limited at 300).

Edit: attempting the new server_monitor.sqf proposed in the github. Ill post again here if the issue happens again (if not, consider it fixed)

Well the hotfix seems to work for bases not loading in correctly :) however, I think it has a side effect, players are saying vehicles are despawning, they were there at restart but vanish afterwards.

Anyone else notice this or have players reporting missing vehicles ? they're not being stolen or destroyed, server restarts and they just don't load.

Could it be the max vehicle limit is being enforced ? I had mine at 600 but pre hotfix it was showing 1300 vehicles for some reason.

Well the hotfix seems to work for bases not loading in correctly :) however, I think it has a side effect, players are saying vehicles are despawning, they were there at restart but vanish afterwards.

Anyone else notice this or have players reporting missing vehicles ? they're not being stolen or destroyed, server restarts and they just don't load.

Could it be the max vehicle limit is being enforced ? I had mine at 600 but pre hotfix it was showing 1300 vehicles for some reason.

It should not cause this issue, Check for any errors in your RPT.

Has happened to me both in 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.4.2. It first happened after i upgraded to MySQL to 5.6.16 from 5.6.14, I ran 1.0.4 without problems for over a week before that so that was my first suspect.

This is correct, when the issue occurs there's a new set of vehicles spawned.

Same for us, Dedicated Server Hosted by me.  Same issue since 1.0.4 up to now also, Same vehicles spawning issues.... up to 1200-1300 or so vehicles when it was set to 400 max.

We are using Xampp alongside Navicat and did have a decent amount of timeout between KILL command and START.

Have been doing manual restarts since 1.0.4 without a problem.

No errors apart from the usual ones, skeletons missing right shoulder etc

But why do i have so many vehicles listed and i doubt there can be that many, 1966 is a huge number when my MaxVehicleLimit is 600

12:13:13 "HIVE: Starting"
12:13:13 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
12:13:14 "HIVE: found 5334 objects"
12:13:14 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."
12:13:15 "HIVE: got 3368 Epoch Objects and 1966 Vehicles"

Thanks Sandbird, I'll see what Awol says about it before i take any action.

I just don't see how i can have 1966 vehicles and they're still going missing :lol: players are losing vehicles each restart randomly, they never return.

I can't see there being 1966 vehicles on the map either, Sauerland might be huge but 1966 would have them everywhere, seems like a black hole eats them and they're never seen again, yet still logged as existing.

For a fast view of your vehicles get/install this and check the map for how many you have:

http://epochtracker.utcity.net/

If you want to see for sure how many vehicles you have as a plain number then open : \epochtracker_alpha_0.200\REST\vehicles\index.php

Change : json_encode($vehicles); to this ->

print_r(sizeof($vehicles));
//print json_encode($vehicles);

and then go to see this page. ex: http://localhost/epochtracker_alpha_0.200/REST/vehicles/index.php

It will show you only a number.

This guy it did it similar to my allowedvehicles table...only that he has all the vehicles in an array.

pretty sure any custom buildings and all traders are considered vehicles in that Richie unless you changed them over from _vehicle to _bldg

Yeah, thats why i am telling him the only way to get proper data is to do either the allowedvehicles table...or just use this guys php map view thingy....you have to have a list of vehicles somewhere to compare.

Modular buildings also 'react' as vehicles....you cant separate them otherwise

Yeah, thats why i am telling him the only way to get proper data is to do either the allowedvehicles table...or just use this guys php map view thingy....you have to have a list of vehicles somewhere to compare.

Modular buildings also 'react' as vehicles....you cant separate them otherwise

All my edits are _bldObj but the number isn't really a concern, it's where are the missing vehicles going to ?