Re-Worked WAI 0.173 - Supported System

Carl Gustav recoiless rifle, its not actually a rocket launcher. The MAAWS was added to the military crash site loot table by the Epoch devs, so that particular mission is much the same with more loot and AI. I would imagine the % chance would be set to be quite low. 

as soon as mission starts I get     'No entry bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons.,',   any fix for that or just ignore? It works flawless though

What mission was it and what version were you using?

Carl Gustav recoiless rifle, its not actually a rocket launcher. The MAAWS was added to the military crash site loot table by the Epoch devs, so that particular mission is much the same with more loot and AI. I would imagine the % chance would be set to be quite low. 

Sry but it is a rocket launcher   , u can see it a better and faster muzzle bazooka

Altho no constant gas propelled , its barrel spin drawn no vins

Played with it , and yes u can get burned if u stand behind  hence the recoiless name

Generally find safe position should be doing this but like you,  on Panthera, occasionally we will get buildings that are level at one point on the model but floating at others. It happens with larger models like the villa most of the time. Most buildings have an extra bit that is under ground level (you can see this next time you place a storage shed) but on particularly uneven ground it will never sit correctly. 

Takes a bit of work...but finding some nice spots to spawn missions and then putting them in an array and called randomly works nicely.  I use this for the Mayor's mansion mission.  It looks like this:

Instead of:

_position = [getMarkerPos _spawnMarker,0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

I use:

_positionarray = [[7835.12,22217.2,0],[10558.6,18561,0],[9531.27,17271.4,0],[10694.8,1731.07,0],[3640.59,7438.24,0],[8971.26,7998.43,0],[17452.2,5261.87,0],[17575.2,7312.66,0],[15913,8362.59,0],[17488,9232.12,0],[12079.9,15650.4,0],[15655.2,16015.8,0],[14469.1,14078.4,0],[14503,10593.9,0],[15828.7,9971.73,0],[16371.7,8896.49,0],[13218.6,10566.5,0],[13579.1,13154.6,0],[4822.85,6265.67,0],[6432.18,8662.63,0],[11324,979.275,0]];
_position = _positionarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

(For Taviana)
A couple of those points are even on top of mountains...which is cool.

Hey Guys,testing out WAI on our test / development server to explore possible replacement of DZAI. 

Is it a feature of WAI to never despawn?  or is there some error or setting I need to change on my end.  I dont think our server could last if all left over AI that are spawned stay around when no player is around. 

ya I saw that, mine is set at default 1800 ( 30 mins) but ive been sitting on the dev server for 1hr + and it hasnt cleared. Even if the mission is cleared, I run up to it and clear it from the map, the Ai stick around well after I leave. After 3-4 missions and a few static spawns that stick around, FPS goes to shit. 

Sounds like this may be a feature though

What mission was it and what version were you using?

I use 1.0.4 Chernarus happens on any mission it gives me a quick error, and then it works fine.

ya I saw that, mine is set at default 1800 ( 30 mins) but ive been sitting on the dev server for 1hr + and it hasnt cleared. Even if the mission is cleared, I run up to it and clear it from the map, the Ai stick around well after I leave. After 3-4 missions and a few static spawns that stick around, FPS goes to shit. 

Sounds like this may be a feature though

Missions should time out at a default of 30 minutes, AI and loot is currently deleted (tested working) if no player gets to the mission. A few mission vehicles (static guns, buildings etc) remain behind but these will be deleted as well next version from unused missions. 

I have noticed on some missions vehicles and the helicopter paradrop persist after time out its on a list to look into at the moment. 

I use 1.0.4 Chernarus happens on any mission it gives me a quick error, and then it works fine.

Might be worth checking the latest version on Github I know there were a few errors where weapons are called as magazines etc that causes that issue, also typos in class names can cause that issue as well. 

Hey guys,

I got one really bad problem.

The AI´s are just shooting if I shoot on them. I set all the skill options to 1.0 and I also tried "ai_custom_skills = False". I also changed the AI behaviour to "Danger" but there is no change.

Does anyone got a solution for me?

Regards

Nico

Hey guys,

I got one really bad problem.

The AI´s are just shooting if I shoot on them. I set all the skill options to 1.0 and I also tried "ai_custom_skills = False". I also changed the AI behaviour to "Danger" but there is no change.

Does anyone got a solution for me?

Regards

Nico

What skin are you wearing or is this a common problem for everyone?

For anyone looking to add RPGs to AI units was posted on the old WAI thread. I just don't want to lose this info because it works REALLY well.

1) Open SpawnGroup.sqf in WAI/custom/ folder.

Find this code:

if (count _this > 8) then {
    _mission = _this select 8;
} else {
    _mission = False;
};

and replace it with this:
if (count _this > 8) then {

_mission = _this select 8;
    _RPG = 1;
} else {
    _mission = False;
    _RPG = -1;
}

find this code:
for "_i" from 1 to _mags do {_unit addMagazine _magazine;};
_unit addBackpack _aipack;

and replace it with this:
for "_i" from 1 to _mags do {_unit addMagazine _magazine;};
if ((_x == 1) && (_RPG > 0)) then {
_unit addweapon "RPG7V";
_unit addmagazine "PG7VL";
_unit addmagazine "PG7VL";
} else {
_unit addBackpack _aipack;    
};

To remove RPG once AI is dead open ai_killed.sqf

After this code:

private ["_unit","_player","_humanity","_banditkills"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_player = _this select 1;
_type = _this select 2;

add this:

_unit removeWeapon "RPG7V";
_unit removeMagazine "PG7VL";
_unit removeMagazine "PG7VL";

All credit goes to the original author and WAI, I am merely keeping this information alive.

Next I want to find a way to give AI units NVGs, if anyone has that info please share it.

For anyone looking to add RPGs to AI units was posted on the old WAI thread. I just don't want to lose this info because it works REALLY well.

1) Open SpawnGroup.sqf in WAI/custom/ folder.

To remove RPG once AI is dead open ai_killed.sqf

All credit goes to the original author and WAI, I am merely keeping this information alive.

Next I want to find a way to give AI units NVGs, if anyone has that info please share it.

Have to apologize for the lack of involvement. I have to say I have been trying to keep up with all these wonderful Epoch updates -.- NOT anyway i have included this information of the config post on page 1. 

THANK YOU SIR 

Thanks for the awesome work.

i love the missions, but if it is possible, can there be a mission like bandit HQ , with alot of bandits, snipers and vehicles, and maybe a chopper patrol, but i want it to spawn at server restart, and last until the next server restart. 

Also i would like a mission, where the bandits are driving arround, mayby random og from A to B.

Has anyone tried installing Wicked AI mission system with Server Side mod Zeus AI (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?89970-Zeus-AI-Combat-Skills)?

Zeus AI also improves AI behaviour and tactics. If it's installed only server-side, no modifications to client is required. The client-side scripts are only required for a player to be able to command his AIs better. For Epoch this is not the case.

I was thinking on installing it to make Wicked AI even more challenging and using even more of the infantry tactics. Does anyone have some experience using these 2?

i love the missions, but if it is possible, can there be a mission like bandit HQ , with alot of bandits, snipers and vehicles, and maybe a chopper patrol, but i want it to spawn at server restart, and last until the next server restart. 

CustomSpawns.sqf allows you too..  I have Skalisty Island setup as bandit HQ...

20 ai on the ground patroling

7 kords/Dskm

1 stinger pod

4 heli paradrops (Mi17sh rockets, players have learned not to shot at them)

GN-185T on patrol

3 GPK Patrols

4 RHIB patrols

3 milt barracks

and a random lot crate with almost every possible item/weapon..(every restart new items/weapons)

I had another setup at NWAF and NEAF, but players started to rage :)

I also had to remove the L39 on patrol over NWAF :(     would hunt players until dead....

I liked the C130 paradrops but the planes wouldn't despawn after returning to spawn location...

I also edited to allow Ai to keep magizines(nvgs/painkillers/gold bar/etc) on death.  Gun would just disappear...

CustomSpawns.sqf allows you too..  I have Skalisty Island setup as bandit HQ...

20 ai on the ground patroling

7 kords/Dskm

1 stinger pod

4 heli paradrops (Mi17sh rockets, players have learned not to shot at them)

GN-185T on patrol

3 GPK Patrols

4 RHIB patrols

3 milt barracks

and a random lot crate with almost every possible item/weapon..(every restart new items/weapons)

I had another setup at NWAF and NEAF, but players started to rage :)

I also had to remove the L39 on patrol over NWAF :(     would hunt players until dead....

I liked the C130 paradrops but the planes wouldn't despawn after returning to spawn location...

I also edited to allow Ai to keep magizines(nvgs/painkillers/gold bar/etc) on death.  Gun would just disappear...

Sounds awesome :-)

Care to share the file, and how to setup?

I did some editing On the missin files, but as i understand the custom spawn Can be tricky...