[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

We implemented this yesterday.

Almost everything works, except for openening up the vehicle where you throw away the key from.

It takes the 1silverbar, it put's the "old" key in de BC, we use de keykit, but we cannot open the vehicle with the "new" key.

Any help appreciated :)

Having a small issue since the database entry change patch, vehicles will often teleport back to the location the key script was used on them after restart.

Basically every movement past the key change won't save to the database for some reason.

This has happened 4+ times.

Edit: Alright, getting even bigger problems with this, now it's actually teleporting vehicles to each other's positions and wiping inventories..

Having a small issue since the database entry change patch, vehicles will often teleport back to the location the key script was used on them after restart.

Basically every movement past the key change won't save to the database for some reason.

Edit: Alright, getting even bigger problems with this, now it's actually teleporting vehicles to each other's positions and wiping inventories..

Same issue here, any luck on getting this sorted yet?

When we try to claim a vehicle the Character ID is indeed correctly changed in the database but we have to wait the server restart to have access to the vehicle. In the meantime we can still claim the vehicle (I claimed it 3 times) and it will duplicate it in the database.

Just installed this mod on Saturday, everything seemed to be working fine, we used one keymaker kit to create keys for four vehicles. When the server restarted, a helicopter full of cargo was replaced with one of the other vehicles (a pickup truck) and much of its loot was dumped on the ground. Really great mod idea, but I might have to remove it until I can get this sorted.

@OtterNas3 : If there is no way to fix the problems above, I would recommend to go back to the old model (1.2) but prevent players to change the vehicle key or claim the vehicle (with a notice saying why they can't) IF the inventory isn't empty. The same goes if the vehicle is damaged or not fully fuelled.

Just like it is right now with skins, we must get rid of our backpack before changing our skin.

would this work for damage ?

_targetVehicleID = _targetVehicle getVariable ["ObjectID","0"];
_targetVehicleUID = _targetVehicle getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];
if (_targetVehicleID == "0" && _targetVehicleUID == "0") exitWith {s_player_copyToKey = -1;};

_targetVehicleDamage = _targetVehicle getVariable ["Damage","0"];
if (_targetVehicleDamage == "1") exitWith {s_player_copyToKey = -1;};

1 thing I've been noticing lately, (as in, it's happened twice, in the last, say, 5 days?) that the DB can get a little confused and kind of shift similar keyed vehicles around on a restart.  The first time it happened,.. I had used the keyclaim on a spawn vehicle,... moved it back to my base,... tinkered around with a few other things for 5 minutes or so, then restarted the server.  When I loaded back in, the spawn vehicle I found was back at it's original spot (still keyed) and one of my other keyed vehicles was sitting where I left it parked at restart.   The second time it happened, I got caught in a keyed Heli at restart (working and not paying attention :P).  When I loaded back in,.. the Heli was parked where I took off from, and again, one of my other keyed vehicles was sitting where I got cutoff at the restart.  Incidentally, the vehicle that got placed was a Keyed Armored SUV both times.

Don't know if maybe I have too many vehicles keyed alike,.. or if it's just a function of doing something with keyed alike vehicles too close to a restart.

Anyway, not a huge deal to me as it seems to be a rare happening,.. but thought I should report it.

Happened a 3rd time.   Purchased an MTVR,.. re-keyed it, about 45 minutes before restart.  Drove it back to base.   After the restart,.. my Armored SUV teleported to the vicinity of a V3S that a friend of mine had re-keyed 10 minutes or prior to restart,.. his V3S moved, and, my MTVR teleported back to the Trader City.

So,... not sure if it's an issue with my Armored SUV,.. armored SUV's in general,. or if the DB is getting confused with multiple vehicles being keyed alike.

Any thoughts?

well,.. not the armored SUV.  Got rid of it,...

Split up vehicles into different keys so there wasn't too many on one key.

Waited about 30 minutes or so,.. interacting with all the vehicles I changed (get in,.. start the engine,.. maybe move it just a little, check the gear)

Restarted the server,...  and it moved my BTR40 to where my Osprey was,.. and moved my Osprey about 100m away. (and they are not keyed alike)

It kinda looks like the last vehicle to be changed before a restart moves, and pulls an arbitrary vehicle in it's place. (speculation, but fits considering every vehicle that is the last to be keyed returns to where it was keyed at.  I have no clue how it's choosing what vehicle to move into it's place when it happens.)

Had to disable this script as well. Its functionality works perfect but after restarts baaaad things happen, had 2 vehicles vanish completely, Had one helicopter spawn in on top of another, Had loot left in a long line down the road from an armoured suv.... 

Had to disable this script as well. Its functionality works perfect but after restarts baaaad things happen, had 2 vehicles vanish completely, Had one helicopter spawn in on top of another, Had loot left in a long line down the road from an armoured suv.... 

Same issue here on my server, too many issues for the admins to deal with when this was in. Love the script, just needs a fix.