[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

As stated abpve its being worked on :)

I've been reading that, yet there is always a possibility that a smart guy figured an early solution all by himself :)

And that's what I've been asking for.

The last plugin to update on my testserver, so i can update the real one.

I installed in 1.0.5.1 as per the instructions and it works fine for me?

81.19.216.140:2310

The problem I'm having is getting it working with the master remote key fob mod (for obvious reasons I suppose) and just trying to see if they can be melded to simply work on any relevant car in range.

Thats weird ... I tried to install it 3 times on vanilla 1.0.5.1 servers, it always timed out while generating a key for new vehicles while all reqs were met.

Funny thing is .. after the creation of the key failed ("adding car to existing key", the car is locked!

But there is no option to open it and also no text showing "vehicle locked".

As soon as i try to access gear it says the usualy locked text "cannot acces gear of locked vehicle".

As written, ive installed this 3 times on a vanilla epoch 1.0.5.1 server ...

On the actual one (1.0.4.2) it works flawlessly fine.

At least i can pinpoint the error at the creating itself. It seems like the scripts cant associate the car to the selected key input, but locks it anyway randomly.

I just installed this as well on my 1.0.5.1 server, but i'm having an issue that was mentioned several pages back (and i didn't see a fix for it...but i could be blind).  I get the menu options, and when i select a key to use, my character goes through the animation, but the keys don't change.

Car A uses Red Key
Car B uses Blue Key

When i select Car A, and tell it to change to the Blue Key, the animation plays, and the Red Key goes into my backpack.  The Blue Key stays in my toolbelt, but the Blue Key will not unlock Car A.  I don't even get the lock/unlock option.  Works just fine on Car B.  I pull the Red Key out of my bag to my toolbelt, and i can now lock/unlock Car A.

i know it's probably something stupid on my part, but i'm stumped...

EDIT: i'm also getting the issue where claiming a vehicle does not add it to a key, and still locks the vehicle... :(

I'll be online again Friday night and check and post up my files as it was working on 1.5.0.1 and 103718

Since installing remote key fobs it now complains about failing when making the key..but does it anyway (and the key works) so the error is just the check failing because of a change I made with the remote key fob scripts I'll look into later, I had no errors before that.

I'll try uninstall remote key fobs and check it still works then post my files.

Can someone help me figure out how to do this without involving the database side of this mod? Theres been issues connecting. And just like adding in traders i didnt use database like everyone said and it works fine.

I need help step by step if someone can please.

Much thanks

Cause it doesnt check for vehicles classname ther ehas to be something wrong with the classname that vehicle has, really dont know why this Car does not work with it for You.

What is the exact classname of your M113 in the Database entries?

If you do it in the Database, why you reply to this Thread about it?

Useless post i would say ^^

Did you put the whitelist of that menu in the right spot in the antihack configs? could you write the entry here so someone who also use infistar cheattools (oh sorry meant antihack...) could give you a hint? I never used infistar and never will, so i dont give support for it, sorry!

It would be possible, you just need to remove the part of code that checks for the vehicle Key.

You are right. I must have been smoking something back then. I have installed this on my server and it works great.

I do get an error with running -showScriptErrors .

inside the following code it tells me that there is an undefined variable in expression line 40.

ON_fnc_vkcReset = {
	player removeAction s_player_claimVehicle;
	s_player_claimVehicle = -1;
	player removeAction s_player_copyToKey;
	s_player_copyToKey = -1;
	lastKeyChangeCursorTarget = [objNull,objNull];
	vkc_cTarget = objNull;
};

Know what this might be?

Like I said it works great, just shows that in testing with -showScriptErrors  in my launch comands.

Thanks again, should have never bashed it back in my smokey state of mind.

Frenzy

It works on my 1.0.5.1 / 112555

that's odd...because it doesn't work in mine either...sends the old key to the backpack (which still works), and doesn't update the new key...essentially, all this does for me (and it seems several others) is move the key to the backpack.  Other than that, nothing changes for us...

It installed OK, and I get the option to select a master key, but when I try to action it I get a Battleye kick for PublicVariable Value Restriction #292,  any ideas?

Epoch 1.0.5.1 /112555...

Sounds like you didn't follow the instructions completely.

9 copy this file to your Servers BattlEye filters folder:

publicvariableval.txt

I just had an issue where a key creation was failing. Tried it a few times and it just failed each time. After the server restart that one car had duplicated 8 times. The other two cars I made keys for and a copter were fine though. I will report back if I can find more information on what caused this. It may be a weird delay between client and server though.

Hey Otter, great script, works beautifully on my Overpoch server running Epoch 1.0.5.1, Overwatch 0.2.5 & Arma 2 125548 without any weird glitches or errors that others are reporting. People that are having problems must be doing it wrong! :unsure:

Anyway, I was wondering if on the claim vehicle option if it would be possible to make it cost multiple items? IE: More than 1 x of an "item", like several briefcases Since I have tanks for sale at the Hero & Bandit traders for 12 rubies, rubies cost 12 briefs each which = 144 briefs. 1 x briefcase or even 1 ruby to claim a map spawn is way to cheap. And on that note, what about making it cost different amounts for different vehicles? Is that possible?

Again, awesome script, absolutely love it!! :D Those additions would only make it that much better ;)

Edit: Was just checking out different vehicles and it seems certain vehicles are unable to have have a key made for them. IE: M1A2_TUSK_MG for example. Also, I am able to link other vehicles to the tusk's key, but can't link the tusk to another vehicles key. Any idea why would that be like that?

Edit 2: After a little more testing, It seems it's only tracked vehicles that can't be claimed or added to an existing key. I'm not to concerned about about claiming them as I'll leave claiming disabled until I hear about a way to make it cost more if that's even possible. However, I would like to be able to add the tracked vehicles to another vehicles key. I don't know enough about scripting yet so If anybody knows how to fix that, please post the solution.

Thanks.

Cant get this working correct.

I only can copy keys but the masterkey function doesnt appears...

Epoch 1.0.5.1/125548 (steam)

Can anybody help me out.

Perhaps missing fn_selfaction.sqf entrys ?

My files are vanilla and i just putted the script to my server without any changes, instead of claiming = 0 .

I need help please.

I did all steps exactly like you said... Even retried all steps... Can't seem to get it working? No error, no scroll wheel option...

I am not exactly sure if I put the stuff in the init right...

Here is how my if (!isDedicated) block looks...

if (!isDedicated) then {
_nil = [] execVM "custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf";

[] execVM "compile\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";
//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

//Lights

[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

execVM "service_point\service_point.sqf";
["elevator"] execVM "elevator\elevator_init.sqf";
};

This i can say you for sure: You call the sqf 4 times....

the entry have to set after the line _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

so it have to look like:

//Run the player monitor

_playerMonitor =  [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

Thats the only place where u have to put this VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf at.

---------------------------

But doesnt have anybody a solution for my problem ? 2 posts above...

I did all steps exactly like you said... Even retried all steps... Can't seem to get it working? No error, no scroll wheel option...

I am not exactly sure if I put the stuff in the init right...

Here is how my if (!isDedicated) block looks...

if (!isDedicated) then {

[] execVM "compile\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";
//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

//Lights

[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

execVM "service_point\service_point.sqf";
["elevator"] execVM "elevator\elevator_init.sqf";
};

Why do you have the call to VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf in there three four times?

Edit: What Sp4rkY said; you only need to call it once.

Cant get this working correct.

I only can copy keys but the masterkey function doesnt appears...

Epoch 1.0.5.1/125548 (steam)

Can anybody help me out.

Perhaps missing fn_selfaction.sqf entrys ?

My files are vanilla and i just putted the script to my server without any changes, instead of claiming = 0 .

I need help please.

There is no need for a fn_SelfAction, you will only get the scroll option when scrolling on the vehicle itself, it's not an action on the key. Also you have to have all required items in your inventory:

1. Two keys (the key to the vehicle you're wanting to change too and the key to the vehicle your changing).
  2. A keymasters kit, if you have that enabled in the config.
  3. And the exact monetary item (e.g. ItemGoldBar10oz); this does not support the new return change feature so the exact classname it what it is looking for (unless you have it disabled in the config obviously).

If these items are not in your inventory/toolbelt you will not get the scroll option on the vehicle.

Also are you seeing any errors in your RPT?