Fog ?

HarryNutz

Question

11 answers to this question

Well it basically comes down too that it's not a priority for him so much as it is for me and a few others. He is a hard worker and multiple servers and does it all on his own. I just figured asking would get a helpful reply and could get it straightened out. And I did use the search function, but since this seems to have become an issue since the most recent patch... I searched within the last month for an answer and did not find anything recent enough to answer my question.

Currently you can change the weather in several ways: 

1. Set static weather forecast: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L14
  2. Set weather forecast via database. Set the array to the key name "Weather:YourInstanceIDHere" and you can control it via the database. The format matches that of the static weather array except it has square brackets [ instead of curly {.
  3. You can change the duration between weather changes with this setting: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L18
  4. Change the actual weather change code: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Sources/epoch_server_settings/EpochEvents/ChangeWeather.sqf

8 hours ago, vbawol said:

Currently you can change the weather in several ways: 

1. Set static weather forecast: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L14
  2. Set weather forecast via database. Set the array to the key name "Weather:YourInstanceIDHere" and you can control it via the database. The format matches that of the static weather array except it has square brackets [ instead of curly {.
  3. You can change the duration between weather changes with this setting: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/epochconfig.hpp#L18
  4. Change the actual weather change code: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Sources/epoch_server_settings/EpochEvents/ChangeWeather.sqf

Appreciate the assistance. In speaking with the admin I was told this is what he has right now and should be clear skies but still have fog:  WeatherStaticForecast[] = {75.5,0,{0,0,0},0.3,{0.3,0.3}};

Basically no matter where you are on the map... there is a constant circle of fog around you at roughly 1k or so.

Admin looked at logs which seem to show no fog:

17:52:48 "DEBUG: _event ChangeWeather"
17:52:48 "Epoch: Weather Change - fog: [0,0,0] rain: 0.3 overcast: 0 windx: 0.3 windz: 0.3 forced: false"

18:39:38 "DEBUG: _event ChangeWeather"
18:39:38 "Epoch: Weather Change - fog: [0,0,0] rain: 0.3 overcast: 0 windx: 0.3 windz: 0.3 forced: false"

19:26:34 "DEBUG: _event ChangeWeather"
19:26:34 "DEBUG: _event ContainerSpawner"
19:26:34 "DEBUG: _event PlantSpawner"
19:26:34 Server: Object 2:7965 not found (message Type_119)
19:26:34 "Epoch: Weather Change - fog: [0,0,0] rain: 0.3 overcast: 0 windx: 0.3 windz: 0.3 forced: false"

On 4/19/2016 at 9:16 PM, Robio said:

I understand your trying to help the server admin.  But if he/her cared about his/her server  they would asked themselves. And if you actually used the search function. You wouldn't have asked.

With respect Robio, he asked on my behalf because I do care and wanted to correct the issues players reported. He posted after we discussed it. We have continued to run Epoch servers which have been a consistent favorite with our players. Thank you and the devs for your continued efforts to move the mod forward. I hope you all can appreciate that the rather massive revision of the code that has been done for 0.3.8.0 has a long term benefit but has required some digging to find out where all the parts have been moved and sort out why mods that used to work no longer do and that a team approach has been required for those of us who, like many of the devs have jobs and obligations beyond running servers.

Thanks,

Ghost

10 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

With respect Robio, he asked on my behalf because I do care and wanted to correct the issues players reported. He posted after we discussed it. We have continued to run Epoch servers which have been a consistent favorite with our players. Thank you and the devs for your continued efforts to move the mod forward. I hope you all can appreciate that the rather massive revision of the code that has been done for 0.3.8.0 has a long term benefit but has required some digging to find out where all the parts have been moved and sort out why mods that used to work no longer do and that a team approach has been required for those of us who, like many of the devs have jobs and obligations beyond running servers.

Thanks,

Ghost

Fair enough. But the weather configs that VBawol listed have been in the same spot for a while now.

Ok so I am thinking this is some kind of glitch on my end and others.. something is just "off" so to speak. I asked some other players today about Fog and the ones that responded say they have no Fog and can see as far as they can and its crystal clear. So I checked my settings for view and noticed something odd...

Looking in View Distance you have 2 options... Overall and Objects. If I scroll Overall to the end which reads 12,000 I see that Objects maxes out at 5791. But if I grab the bar for Objects and drag it over, it only maxes out at 1600 even though Overall is still showing 12,000. Also... I was told 5700 should be the max on Objects. Very confused and not sure if any of this actually has any real bearing on the Fog issue or not. Same issue happening for a few others I have spoken with.

This was not an issue prior to the most recent update. I was sniping in crystal clear skies upwards of 2k away.

On 20/04/2016 at 8:36 PM, HarryNutz said:

Ok so I am thinking this is some kind of glitch on my end and others.. something is just "off" so to speak. I asked some other players today about Fog and the ones that responded say they have no Fog and can see as far as they can and its crystal clear. So I checked my settings for view and noticed something odd...

Looking in View Distance you have 2 options... Overall and Objects. If I scroll Overall to the end which reads 12,000 I see that Objects maxes out at 5791. But if I grab the bar for Objects and drag it over, it only maxes out at 1600 even though Overall is still showing 12,000. Also... I was told 5700 should be the max on Objects. Very confused and not sure if any of this actually has any real bearing on the Fog issue or not. Same issue happening for a few others I have spoken with.

This was not an issue prior to the most recent update. I was sniping in crystal clear skies upwards of 2k away.

so is this resolved now?

if not, have you tried reinstalling the mod from scratch (first completely deleting everything). if still an issue, have you tried reinstalling Arma 3 (yes a bit radical but..)?