If map can use with Epoch it look good.

asremix

Just checked the map, and I must say I like it a LOT, however, i think some of the places are a bit too "overpowered" , eventhough you make nice use of the radiation at the 7 barracks in the north! +1 for that!. I think some of the castles are a bit like premade bases, and this is just my opinion, but it might be nice to have a bit smaller castles, but more of m, so they can be used to build bases in, instead of instantly havign ur base done with 2 walls and a plot pole sort of ;). 

Either way this map offers a lot of building possibilities, and PvP posibilities, so I am quite sure I well chhange our main serverm ap to this one

With the next friday update will come a lot of Bugfixes and changes. The biggest change is  the new quarry in the near of Heidermühle and Old Airfield. 

The Quarry WIP; Groundtexture not reworked, yet:

querry01.jpg

and 

querry02.jpg

This needs a little change on the fal_trafficsigns.pbo with a size of ~10MB. If all works fine, it will be implemented in the friday upday, if not a few days later. :)

regards

Looks awesome Falconsan :)

Any ETA for the release of 1.0.4 ? I'm dying to go live with Sauerland

i am the false Men for this Question. Maybe Vbawol or Axle can answer this question.

@vbawol: I will do this, but i have a problem with the Pond models, they will flicker and not work as water. Thats frustrating. I will come tomorrow in your TS to speak with squisha?? how to handle this.

regards

Oh I should let my players know not to build there then :D.

Is there an up2date map available perhaps? I dont know if it is possible to export the map without losing the detail (yeah itwill be a big pic) but if it is / if there is one, i would love to use it

Also, and this might be impossible in arma2, but I'd love to have more stuff named on the map, as waypoints / waymarks, without having to zoom in on the map (visable when zoomed out like on http://www.s6computer.de/sl/karte.jpg). Stuff like the castles, Military places etc could be given a name like you do with the airfields perhaps.

I have to say Falconsan, great map!

Here is a point tho:

Including this in Epoch with the fact that it is slowing down releases and you Falcon are continually updating the map?

This will mean your map updates will take time to filter thru to epoch...

Just a thought.

Not entirely maca, 

The main thing with Epoch and maps are the trader cities.  If Falconsan is fully aware of where they are he can easily work around them and update the map as he sees fit.  It will just be up to the server owners and clients to be in coordination with each other.

Yes,

i will update the map after Epoch release. But not every friday. I think it will be updated all four Weeks. 

You can update the Map separatly, i think. I will talk with vbawol about that.

I wall patch in some new content into the map in the future, so the map dont will be boring after a couple of time.

regards

Not entirely maca, 

The main thing with Epoch and maps are the trader cities.  If Falconsan is fully aware of where they are he can easily work around them and update the map as he sees fit.  It will just be up to the server owners and clients to be in coordination with each other.

The tradercitys will be coded into the Map not over the Mission.sqf to hold the FPS rrate. ;-) 

I am only waiting for the SQF from Axle.

regards

mmmh, i think, i must think about the redistribution way, i have no experience with this. I will jump into the Teamspeak this aftermoon and have a little talk about that with vbawol. 

The Devs from Epoch and Echo have ask for permission, so that this Guys will have alltimes the newest Version of this map!!

I think, that redistributers without permission will not! And at least: All redistributers that will make money with my Map without permission have a Problem. :)

Thats only a thought. 

regards

Please DO NOT DO THIS!

Why not? Administrators can put new traders, stuff or what ever into the map as the known way. Only the objects like sandbags, tents, containers etc. will be coded into the map. This buildineditor objects taking a lot of CPU power so that some servers will be running wit low fps. This is a try to increase the FPS rate in the tradercitys.

I think its a good compromise between modding traders/tradercitys and the Serverperformance.

@vbawol: I dont know, if it possible, but have you think about, to take in traveling traders? I mean on this big map, it can be a great adventure to find one or to traveling traders. I think, the 30m_plot_kit trader as traveling trader can be a great fun :)

regards

Awol it was a genuine concern and again you attack me...

I do believe someone from our community has contacted falconsan about what we have done and no objections were brought forward.

Falconsan was kind enough to release the map under the dayz share alike license and all credits are included in the download. Also all the files/key can be downloaded on our website...

Seriously, baking this map into epoch is stupid as it is still in development. Basically, your making people update ALL epoch servers when one map is updated?

yes, but he didnt ask for permission. He only told me, that ccg uses this map. 

For now and me, it is no Problem, but in future, please ask for permission.

***Edit: This map is only an official map if the map comes wit DayZ Epoch or DayZ Echo or with permission from me.

2nd.Edit: We are drifting into Offtopic, so back to Topic :)

regards