Put your server addons in a server side pbo

BetterDeadThanZed

I can't take credit for creating this method. I found it here in the forums but I really don't remember where. It was included with some addon I was looking at. This will allow you to create a pbo of your map addons that you can put into your addons folder. You won't need to edit any default epoch files and it can be easily re-inserted into your server files when there's an update. I will not explain how to made map addons. There are other tutorials/topics about that. This assumes you've made addons and exported them to sqf format. For example, the addon's sqf should look similar to this:

private ["_objs"];
_objs = [
	["Hhedgehog_concrete",[5877.36,9122.8,0],14.1429,[0,0,1],true]
];

{
	private ["_obj"];
	_obj = createVehicle [_x select 0, [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	if (_x select 4) then {
		_obj setDir (_x select 2);
		_obj setPos (_x select 1);
	} else {
		_obj setPosATL (_x select 1);
		_obj setVectorDirAndUp (_x select 3);
	};
} foreach _objs;

Now on to the instructions.

1. Download this pbo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32v7i81loel8l2m/a3_custom.pbo?dl=0

2. Extract it into your server's addons folder.

3. In the mapcontent folder, place all of your custom addon sqf files.

4. Open init\fn_init.sqf.

5. Edit the lines to include each addon name. An example is included in the fn_init.sqf:

[] execVM "a3_custom\mapcontent\yourcustom.sqf";

Repack it and upload it to your server's addons folder.

You sace this from 3d editor ? export.sqf ? My server dosent load the file :(

private ["_objs"];

_objs = [

["Land_Net_Fence_Gate_F",[21929.1,25025.3,-4.76837e-005],29.2397,[[0.488464,0.872584,0],[0,0,1]],false], ---- must set true ?

["Land_New_WiredFence_5m_F",[21937.8,25032.1,-3.24249e-005],29.2397,[[0.488464,0.872584,0],[0,0,1]],false],

];

{

private ["_obj"];

_obj = createVehicle [_x select 0, [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

if (_x select 4) then {

_obj setDir (_x select 2);

_obj setPos (_x select 1);

} else {

_obj setPosATL (_x select 1);

_obj setVectorDirAndUp (_x select 3);

};

} foreach _objs;

• 1 month later...

I can't take credit for creating this method. I found it here in the forums but I really don't remember where. It was included with some addon I was looking at. This will allow you to create a pbo of your map addons that you can put into your addons folder. You won't need to edit any default epoch files and it can be easily re-inserted into your server files when there's an update. I will not explain how to made map addons. There are other tutorials/topics about that. This assumes you've made addons and exported them to sqf format. For example, the addon's sqf should look similar to this:

Hidden Content

1. Download this pbo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32v7i81loel8l2m/a3_custom.pbo?dl=0

5. Edit the lines to include each addon name. An example is included in the fn_init.sqf:

THanks Man .. that was so easy !! 

• 8 months later...

Howdy People,

I've been doing a lot of this type of coding. I have pretty much everything I have added to the two servers I work on, in a single PBO.

I have markers identifying the three trader cities, a custom trader ATM script, a battle zone in Kavala on Altis full of AI and loot crates I wrote custom functions to load.

One big difference. I do not need the fn_init file. I call the maps to all be loaded exactly the same way you call the init in the config.

Here is an example of my config in the pbo:

class CfgPatches {
	class RAGE_ADDON {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_server_settings"};
		fileName = "RAGE_ADDON.pbo";
		author[]= {"Redbeard Actual"};
	};
};
class CfgFunctions {
	class RAGE_ADDON {
		class RAGE_TRADE_MARKERS {
			file = "RAGE_ADDON\RAGE_TRADE_MARKERS" // This is the file path to the map addon.
			class RAGE_PT_Markers{postInit = 1;}; // This is the name of the SQF file to load from that folder.add fn_ in front of your file names.
		};
		class RAGE_KAVALA_HOSPITAL {
			file = "RAGE_ADDON\RAGE_KAVALA_HOSPITAL" // This is the file path to the map addon.
			class RAGE_Kavala_Hospital{postInit = 1;}; // This is the name of the SQF file to load from that folder.add fn_ in front of your file names.
		};
		class RAGE_INT_AIRPORT {
			file = "RAGE_ADDON\RAGE_INT_AIRPORT" // This is the file path to the map addon.
			class RAGE_Int_Airport{postInit = 1;}; // This is the name of the SQF file to load from that folder.add fn_ in front of your file names.
		};
	};
};

Basically, instead of calling an init from my config, I just call the map adds directly from the config and have them load at server start. This is just a small chunk of my addon's config.hpp that loads the map adds. It also loads a ton of functions for spawning AI and loot crates for missions. But you should get the idea of what I am doing with the map adds.

Instead of loading a file that then loads the map adds, I just load the map adds directly. No muss, no fuss.

• 3 years later...
On 7/19/2015 at 2:34 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Hidden Content

Long shot, you don't still have that download do you, I'm making map content but cant test it on my test server and need that PBO :)

If you have it I would love you for ever and ever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...