vehicles burning in hell

Metalfoundry

It sucks so much!!

Vehicles in bases explodes after restart! chain reaction, 1,2,3 vehicles, shelves........

Dont include running vaginas or stone hendge monster, fix these basic things, it destroys the player motivation and its extremely soul-destroying for the admins (support).

I added a heli for a player who lost their heli, he entered and.... boom... cars in bases explode..

Really? We have to shoot at a heli to enter?

Never faced vehicles north as I think it is just a hoax fix, not a real thing. I can count on my hand how many times vehicles exploded in my base. However, I had more problems with helis, even placed in open space not surrounded by walls or anything, they sometimes exploded when you get it...

Never faced vehicles north as I think it is just a hoax fix, not a real thing.

The fix wasn't a hoax and did help, basically the ArmA engine spawns everything facing 0 (North) and as they turned to the saved direction they could clip other objects and explode, by parking them facing North meant they didn't have to move much and therefore avoid any clipping :)

The fix wasn't a hoax and did help, basically the ArmA engine spawns everything facing 0 (North) and as they turned to the saved direction they could clip other objects and explode, by parking them facing North meant they didn't have to move much and therefore avoid any clipping :)

but I had my strider in a tiny garage with cinder walls placed facing whatever side but not north and I actually had it very close to one cinder wall (it was basically touching it) so I could get out of the vehicle (otherwise if the space is too tiny you can not get out) and it survived for weeks in same spot not moving or anything. Yeah one time I found it kinda sideways a little bit but was able to drive out of the garage and put it again inside.

And no explosions no nothing. And if this was true, it should have been exploded long ago due to clipping everytime and no space to rotate.

I am not saying vehicle rotating is not a thing, I am just saying it has little or no effect on explosion thing. Otherwise why would helis parked in a frickin open field explode from time to time after restart when you get it (or get close whatever).

Yes, vehicles rotate and one should always keep a good distance from each vehicles to avoid chain reaction if one does explode, but North Pole thingie  is not a deciding factor.

why oh why are the vehicles in epoch made of paper

u should be able to at least drive over little bushes and not have a burning fireball

just wondering why only in epoch this happens 

it would seem to me that if epoch didnt make equipment from paper the heli would blow up getting into them

i know it is suppose to be survival but when you spend hours playing marathon simulation to finally find a vehicle just to have it blow up or disabled by a piece of grass it makes testing very frustrating maybe epoch dont want people playing there mod

why oh why are the vehicles in epoch made of paper

u should be able to at least drive over little bushes and not have a burning fireball

I agree with this bit. Although, this evening we were doing a spot of base-raiding, and tried destroying an ifrit and a strider. After several satchels and dropping vehicles on it, multiple ammo mags....it still stood and was magically repaired when the server reset. It's all lacking a bit of balance right now, but it can only get better from here.

The rotating vehicles and being half-buried is kinda silly, and even when moving around a parked/locked heli, you can actually see it moving up and down from time to time. All of these things, until ironed out, will cause vehicles to behave in unpredictable ways.