Delete UAVs

neci2020

I am sure it will be there eventually but right now the game is almost unplayable for some people. We have a lot of people leave the server because they get swarmed by multiple UAVs.

I don't know much about writing my own scripts but I would think something could be written to check for a UAV and delete it if it exists.

yes....

class Default
    {
        chance = 1;
        lootMin = 1;
        LootMax = 1;
        tables[] = { "Food" };
        antagonists[] = {
                { "UAV", 0 },
                { "Cloak", 0 },         // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F
                { "Sapper", 0 },
                { "SapperB", 0 },
                { "PHANTOM", 0 }
        };
    };

no random ai spawn.... it is the only way to keep the server fps over 30 with 50 + players

there is a post about it:

Is there a way server side to just delete UAV's when they spawn when invoked by the client side code?

Ie: via a constant loop to check for UAV's

Frustrating this code is run client side....and yes it turns PvP servers into PvE focused servers instead.

A hotfix would be great but a workaround is needed for now.

Is there a way server side to just delete UAV's when they spawn when invoked by the client side code?

Ie: via a constant loop to check for UAV's

Frustrating this code is run client side....and yes it turns PvP servers into PvE focused servers instead.

A hotfix would be great but a workaround is needed for now.

Infistar has this option

A patch wouldn't be a good patch if devs wouldn't fuck up something, and this time it is UAV drones. They spawn on you when you camp or when you fire a gun, usually more than one, and they keep returning. I am not expecting a "fix" to this problem any time soon from the developers though. Maybe smart people will write a script to delete them altogether, but for now we will have all to live with it.

I like UAVs more than I like sappers, but NOT when they spawn one after another with no end and you keep shooting and shooting and they come back. This isn't what Epoch is supposed to be. But then again, a patch wouldn't be a patch without such problems. You can't have everything at once. I love this new patch, especially building and looting part, don't misunderstand me.

Funny but I have less issue with the drones than sappers.  My god those things are constantly after me, at least I can deal with the drone before they actually become an issue.  I played last night for about half an hour looking for some quick building supplies around Zelenogorsk.  In the time it took me to check the various barns and industrial complex I had to kill around 5 sappers.  It was basically loot a building, kill a sapper and then move to the next one.   And damn those boss sappers, that explosion is huge.  Had one destroy a building I had looted, makes me wonder if it is even worth building a base right now :)

As nice as a script would be that checks for UAVS and Sappers and removes them, I expect such a script would double the lag spikes.

- Epoch script spawns antagonist, lags server.

- Custom script looks for antagonists and deletes them, which lags the server.