Wait.....whut?

Osiris72

From the latest changelog:

[Changed] Chance to spawn sapper every 5 minutes (max of 3 within 800m). Chances increase while in a city and if the player is soiled.
[Changed] Chance to spawn drone when player fires weapon (max of 3 within 800m). Chances increase while in a city and are reduced if player uses a silencer.

So correct me if I'm wrong, the pain in the arse drones that spawn 3 insanely accurate AI soldiers?  Chance on each individual shot?

I really don't understand where the devs are going with this.  I want to engage more with players, not shoot sappers and drones down all day.   I hope this is a configurable setting,

The problem here is, when you give a 12 year old pre configured server settings, and he simply just wants to play the game and administrate a server, you will notice soon that he doesn't care for that stuff. He simply leaves everything at stock and thats how most servers work. Many many many admins don't even know how to edit server settings. And if you would fucking even set the spawn rate to 3 sappers a minute many admins would leave this.

I don't get it. People played DayZ for ages, and the most utterly disappointing thing about it, was the fact that the enemy the game is based around was no threat at all, It is now Death Match, with, an occasional zombie to piss you off instead of horror. Now you got a game where there are much more severe threats other than players, and you get people requesting them be gone... <.< *sips coffee*

So what i think should happen is more dangers, other than players and antagonists. Sickness, catching diseases perhaps, from a bullet wound. A chance of spawning a booby trap even, or you know what? How about wolves? >=D

(by the way, THANK you Developers, the most intriguing thing about epoch is the fact me an my friend almost got eaten by a shark instead of getting ambushed by players at sea. It really was a far better experience than Stranded Deep)

I don't want them gone, I just don't want them to dominate the environment and severely impact the fun of PvP, since the sapper AI is now a significant threat even with just one of them.  

If Axel says it's not a bad as I read it to be, I'm good with that.

From the latest changelog:

[Changed] Chance to spawn sapper every 5 minutes (max of 3 within 800m). Chances increase while in a city and if the player is soiled.
[Changed] Chance to spawn drone when player fires weapon (max of 3 within 800m). Chances increase while in a city and are reduced if player uses a silencer.

So correct me if I'm wrong, the pain in the arse drones that spawn 3 insanely accurate AI soldiers?  Chance on each individual shot?

I really don't understand where the devs are going with this.  I want to engage more with players, not shoot sappers and drones down all day.   I hope this is a configurable setting,

as long as you can turn antagonists off server owners can decide if this is a problem for them,

And at that point you may as well stop playing Epoch and go play Wasteland.

how? the same could be said for pvp then if you look at it like that!!

sometimes we like to play coop with mates and survive together fighting ai and doing missions witch aint like wasteland!

i like playing both pvp and pve but i find my self now days playing pve more as its more fun and gets the most out of the mod, when i play pvp now days its gets repetitive and boring, main reason i stopped playing cod along time ago lol

LOL SRSLY? I am old arma 2 wasteland player and its actualy definition of wasteland...

Wasteland dont have all the survival mechanics or base building

Wasteland has a overpowered villna feel, and is just a gaint game of cod/BF

People have been saying for years dayz was just wasteland with zombies without thinking of the difference in mechanics.

I thought only noobs still said this stuff!!

Wasteland dont have all the survival mechanics or base building

Wasteland has a overpowered villna feel, and is just a gaint game of cod/BF

People have been saying for years dayz was just wasteland with zombies without thinking of the difference in mechanics.

I thought only noobs still said this stuff!!

Depends on what Wasteland you played during your Arma 2 days. Sa-Matra remained the Original and Dominant Wasteland that i turned to when i wanted some Hardcore PVP survival. You either stuck with your team, or ventured alone and DIED. Basically, if you didn't stick with the team, you got slaughtered. It wast the definition of wasteland. Now adays, they spoil it with Tanks and stuff every 3 seconds, not to say sometimes a little Blitz Style gameplay isn't fun, but it does get repetitive.

Epoch is a whole new beast however, which honestly needs to have the best of both worlds Balance. It should be more frightening when your out gathering supplies, because you know your going to spawn an antagonist at least 1 out of 6 loots. But you don't know when a player is going to attack you. And to be completely honest, the only times i've been attacked by players were right outside of spawn zones. So idk. I like Epoch so far, it's not finished by any means, it's getting better. The Antagonist spawns actually aren't that high at all, and i'm currently on  0.3 server for testing. Feels alright to me.

My point was that if you disable all the PvE and antagonists and just do AI missions then you're left with what is essentially Wasteland....a PvP fest with AI missions. I mean if that's what people want their Epoch servers to be like then be my guest. I'm not judging at all. Just saying if that's the kind of game you're after then Wasteland is probably better suited for that than Epoch.

My point was that if you disable all the PvE and antagonists and just do AI missions then you're left with what is essentially Wasteland....a PvP fest with AI missions. I mean if that's what people want their Epoch servers to be like then be my guest. I'm not judging at all. Just saying if that's the kind of game you're after then Wasteland is probably better suited for that than Epoch.

Ah ok, you just misread what i was on about, no worries mate.

replacing the antagonists with better roaming ai dont make it less pve

"a PvP fest with AI missions. I mean if that's what people want their Epoch servers to be like then be my guest. I'm not judging at all"

i think your find thats how most pvp server are setup like lol surely you play on other peoples servers as no one seems to be playing on yours!