REQ: Move CfgPricing to EpochHive config

shurix

It's impossible to change any prices and trader items right now but I'm wondering if this could be changed in a future release.

Some 30% of the (vanilla Arma) guns I use on my AI cannot be sold. Some non-Epoch vehicles like Armed Offroad are not available for trade either.

I run @RHS mods on my server and I added lots of eastern and western wheeled transport and choppers into my AI missions but all of those HAMMERs and Mi-8s cannot be sold, only taken apart.

Is there any good reason for hiding price configs in the locked part of the mod? Maybe it makes sense to expose those just like epochconfig.hpp?

We will be making it so you can change the prices and add items, however it cannot really be done via the epochconfig as that is server side only and we certainly do not want to push that much data over a public variable. The way we will allow customizing this will likely be via the mission file description.ext. This should be in for the next public release.

I hope we get the choice to split the traders up so we can have vehicles sold in one plays guns sold in another etc, that way people would have to travel with thier money making it more valuable 

Yeah, the old Trader system where the best so far...well i like the fact, that traders dont have everything on hold :) but seperate them would be a good idea.

We will be making it so you can change the prices and add items, however it cannot really be done via the epochconfig as that is server side only and we certainly do not want to push that much data over a public variable. The way we will allow customizing this will likely be via the mission file description.ext. This should be in for the next public release.

Just because I'm curious, why add such things to description.ext and not init.sqf?  I'm recalling A2 Epoch where there were tons of server settings and variables that were done in init.sqf and not in description.ext.  Why the change?  Curious geeks like me wanna know.  :) 

Just because I'm curious, why add such things to description.ext and not init.sqf?  I'm recalling A2 Epoch where there were tons of server settings and variables that were done in init.sqf and not in description.ext.  Why the change?  Curious geeks like me wanna know.   :)

You cannot define classes in the init.sqf. 

Just because I'm curious, why add such things to description.ext and not init.sqf?  I'm recalling A2 Epoch where there were tons of server settings and variables that were done in init.sqf and not in description.ext.  Why the change?  Curious geeks like me wanna know.   :)

Variables can be defined in the init.sqf file which is why many addons add their config options to it as it is easier if everything is in one place. Using configfile and missionconfigfile classes becomes more complicated, these must be defined in the description.ext and can then be referenced to with missionconfigfile >> "Class_Goes_Here" 

EDIT : If you need any other help the arma wiki is decent, or PM me

This is a thing that I'm sure many people will like to hear. Have categorized traders been thought about, ie set a trader as a certain type and they will only buy / sell certain items. Could work for vehicle traders as I don't believe a trader in a shed would likely have helicopters and cars to sell, whereas a more central trader in a city could have these items, but then not have more industrial items. Just some ideas

Variables can be defined in the init.sqf file which is why many addons add their config options to it as it is easier if everything is in one place. Using configfile and missionconfigfile classes becomes more complicated, these must be defined in the description.ext and can then be referenced to with missionconfigfile >> "Class_Goes_Here"

EDIT : If you need any other help the arma wiki is decent, or PM me

Thanks for the lesson! :) I don't have time to create scripts or code as much as I'd like to but I do enjoy increasing my knowledge level just the same.

Thanks, man! This is going to make lots of server admins just like me very happy!