Petition to remove physics for build mode...

SPIB0X

I (along with many of my friends) much preferred the A2 build engine, it was easier/neater to build a clean base which didn't look broken, unaligned and dodgy. I am a neat builder and like my things to all be lined up perfectly as possible. 

In A2 that was doable, albeit it took some time to get right it was still doable. You could also be more creative in your builds because there was no such thing as physics, walls could be half built into other walls, so if you had a gap that was only 1/4 of a wall you could use overlaps so 3/4 of the rest of the wall was overlapped instead of it now sticking out like a sore thumb.

While we're at it PLEASE give us options to build stairs that dont take up an entire floor space. These stairs are nice, and have many great uses but sometimes all we need is just a ladder or a thin narrow set of stairs that can go up 1 line... 

I love this game, and the dev's work but wonder sometimes about the priorities... Making pumpkins, and makeshift hatchets seems like the sort of thing that would be introduced much later? What about core things like - window'd walls, sandbags, metal floors, the ability to salvage parts from cars like you could in A2. More variety in vehicles/boats/choppers? More sniper rifles or silencers... It's not my game to tell you how to make it, or my place but do think its important you guys know what the players want/are looking for because thats what keeps the game alive, the players, donations and word of mouth

+ Revamped building system, you can now insert buildables (walls, etc.) into the ground and snap to them, falling walls is a thing of the past

+ more building parts and so on....

so, just wait a little bit.... and learn to build with the new engine ! handrets of this "i can not build" or "my wall fall over" or "remove pyhsics" post !

this is arma 3 epoch not a2 epoch

+ Revamped building system, you can now insert buildables (walls, etc.) into the ground and snap to them, falling walls is a thing of the past

so, just wait a little bit.... and learn to build with the new engine ! handrets of this "i can not build" or "my wall fall over" or "remove pyhsics" post !

the ghost build only applies to when you first build the item, this does not correct physics after it has been built and moving it etc. The point of this post is to petition to have physics scratched all together. I don't see the benefit of physics building? It only creates more glitches, more problems and more death/destruction? Sure it's a bit more realistic but I would happily trade the added realism for something more stable and proven effective...

And yeah more buildables are on the way thats a given... My point was that basics should have been implemented a while ago but from what i've seen on the streams and twitter etc they are implementing things that are not essential to the lore/core of the game... Things which I think could have easily come a lot later.. 

Perfect example: In .3.0 we will have vegetation as an additional food source (great, genuinely love it) but having 0 hunger and thirst does not kill you at its current state, so is this really that necessary?... Meanwhile we have bulky ass stairs which take up an entire floor space, no ladders, and building a floor can cause you to become elevated and send you half way across the map to your death like a magic carpet ride lol... We have two snipers (lynx and m107) which are next to identical, the zeroing is off, no silencer sniper options that I've come across, and dopey sappers who don't really create much threat...

DONT GET ME WRONG! I know these will get nutted out in time and I can appreciate everything takes time and testing but should these not be resolved first before implementing makeshift hatchets and underwater looting? Surely those things can wait... People LOVED A2 epoch for all it had to offer. Should A3 Epoch not aim to start with the same basics A2 had, and build on it at a later stage? Part of the reason Alpha is released is to have the community test it and provide feedback. This is my feedback, I am not hating on the game or the Dev's and do not wish to upset, offend or criticise their work. I just think a better direction could be taken...

The title doen't help too "Petition to remove physics for build mode..." U have a post for the future changelog ... he say 

Just stop cry, just wait the next patch before crying ... 

People are adamant to turn this into A2. so why not go and play A2? most play on chernarus an A2 map, most want physics removed like on A2 and probably the same people want zombies on it like A2. if you are so concerned then play A2 and not A3 which is a different game entirely.

That and lolzors 25% complete.

I like that it takes planning to build something, i like its difficult at times. But i guess i don't like being spoon fed either.

the ghost build only applies to when you first build the item, this does not correct physics after it has been built and moving it etc. The point of this post is to petition to have physics scratched all together. I don't see the benefit of physics building? It only creates more glitches, more problems and more death/destruction? Sure it's a bit more realistic but I would happily trade the added realism for something more stable and proven effective...

And yeah more buildables are on the way thats a given... My point was that basics should have been implemented a while ago but from what i've seen on the streams and twitter etc they are implementing things that are not essential to the lore/core of the game... Things which I think could have easily come a lot later.. 

Perfect example: In .3.0 we will have vegetation as an additional food source (great, genuinely love it) but having 0 hunger and thirst does not kill you at its current state, so is this really that necessary?... Meanwhile we have bulky ass stairs which take up an entire floor space, no ladders, and building a floor can cause you to become elevated and send you half way across the map to your death like a magic carpet ride lol... We have two snipers (lynx and m107) which are next to identical, the zeroing is off, no silencer sniper options that I've come across, and dopey sappers who don't really create much threat...

DONT GET ME WRONG! I know these will get nutted out in time and I can appreciate everything takes time and testing but should these not be resolved first before implementing makeshift hatchets and underwater looting? Surely those things can wait... People LOVED A2 epoch for all it had to offer. Should A3 Epoch not aim to start with the same basics A2 had, and build on it at a later stage? Part of the reason Alpha is released is to have the community test it and provide feedback. This is my feedback, I am not hating on the game or the Dev's and do not wish to upset, offend or criticise their work. I just think a better direction could be taken...

Also keep in mind that Arma 2 Epoch was DAYZ Overpoch... an Epoch mod on top of a DayZ mod. They've already said that they're doing a LOT different with A3 Epoch (since it's not tied to DayZ & zombies anymore) so you gotta expect that things are going to be different... sometimes significantly so. Hell, they're even considering doing a standalone EPOCH game outside of the ARMA world as it is...

The point I'm trying to get at is that they're building a mostly-new mod based on the CONCEPT of ARMA 2 DayZ Epoch... so starting off with the same basics from A2 is a step towards rehashing the same mod in the same way... they're taking chances by innovating/trying things out. 

That being said... you can't say that this discussion isn't at least useful! Thanks for posting this up! 

the discussion is useful actually, after the patch 0.3, that's not useful, the dev work for 0.3, they can't change now (i think) the objective of next patch, after the next patch, the feedback for the building system will interesting and constructive. 

(sorry for my bad english ... )

Wow he is giving his opinion, and people tell him to stop crying..... Thought we lived in a free society where anyone can voice their opinion. You might agree or not, doesn't mean they are crying. Me personally I like the physics, I like our server to be as realistic as possible. Floating cinder walls is not realistic to me, but that is my opinion.

To those who are telling me to stop crying, you clearly didn't read my post - I said quite clearly that I love the game, and appreciate that its alpha, and that it takes time and testing to get things done. The point of Alpha is for the community to play the game, provide feedback and help steer development in a direction that is favourable for most.

Optional physics build would be a better option in my opinion but I expect it would come with a lot of hard work and re-coding which I can appreciate the dev's may not wish to invest time in at this point... It would be good to get some dev feedback on this point, and some insight into why things like the ferris wheel, makeshift hatchets and vegetation are implemented before other more essential things like better sniper rifle varieties, more buildables or improved antagonists.

Again. I know it's Alpha, I know they have big plans and it takes time I fully appreciate that but the order that things are being implemented are confusing to me.

In release notes posted on Feb 11th.

It's a step in the right direction.

Still wondering if that is just for the ground or if that also applies to existing structures, buildings, etc...