Map combining.

SkyDogs

Why are BI being such wankers?

Cherno+

No Dayz mod on A3

High priced DLC

Has that wanker Rocket rubbed off on them?

There's a reason for that, they spent millions to make that content for you. If you want to have the rights to edit and use everything they have as you wish,  you could just buy the whole company... Then you can try how much of a wanker you want to be when you're holding the strings.

Edit: Ofcourse you cant afford to buy them, why? Because instead of doing something productive, you sit on the forums calling people names that -actually do stuff-.

You can Make your own map, it will take months to make. Then to get popularity you have to advertise, even after that very few people will download the whole map just to play on one server.

So just stick with Altis Or Cherno

There's a reason for that, they spent millions to make that content for you. If you want to have the rights to edit and use everything they have as you wish,  you could just buy the whole company... Then you can try how much of a wanker you want to be when you're holding the strings.

Edit: Ofcourse you cant afford to buy them, why? Because instead of doing something productive, you sit on the forums calling people names that -actually do stuff-.

Excuse me, but Arma sell themselves as the modders choice. I suggested combining two of their maps, which is....modding. 

Rocket deserves more than a few insults thrown at him, in my opinion. The amount of time I spend reading and posting here is non of your fucking business, but to explain why I have the time to do this...I have a job that forces me to sit and wait for long periods of time. I own a smart phone with 4G, so I spent a lot of time browsing the net to alleviate the boredom.

Why would BI stop people editing their map? I kind of understand why they don't allow Cherno+ to be used on A3 , but Altis and Stratis are A3 released maps. I don't get it. 

Why are BI being such wankers?

In what way ? I respect and support BIS, they're a small games company doing very well, good on them.

Cherno+

Dayz SA has a seperate dedicated team, one day i'd like to see Cherno+ as DLC, you would only moan about that though :p

They took a risk on Dayz SA, it has to have something exclusive

No Dayz mod on A3

BIS bought the rights to Dayz mod, they own the code and have invested time, money and resources to Dayz SA, they want to protect their investment.

Nobody is stopping you making a 'Dayz' style mod, go for it :) you just can't use copyrighted code or call it Dayz

High priced DLC

The DLC was £11.99 for the 3 packs, I paid £19.99 for the game, total spent is £31.98 for a game i've put 946 hours into, I call that good value :)

Has that wanker Rocket rubbed off on them?

Who knows but something is rubbing you the wrong way, all your posts are you nagging and bitching, that's all you ever do :rolleyes:

Who knows but something is rubbing you the wrong way, all your posts are you nagging and bitching, that's all you ever do :rolleyes:

I know, I'm a grumpy old bastard of late. Frustration at how poor the game is maybe?

Good counter points, Richie, except the DLC one. Sorry, I can't agree on that, but then, opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one.

Edit to add....

They took a risk on Dayz SA, it has to have something exclusive

That's bollox, Richie. DayZ SA was a dead cert sales success. Yes, risky they'd produce a good game, after installing that wanker as lead dev, and as you know, they didn't produce a good game, just a load of fucking shit, running simulator. Hundreds and hundreds of people on various forums I visit vented their anger and frustration at that cretin and the crap SA. Yeah I know, alpha this, warning and disclaimer that.... 

It wasn't a risk, Richie, not in my opinion.

I know, I'm a grumpy old bastard of late. Frustration at how poor the game is maybe?

Good counter points, Richie, except the DLC one. Sorry, I can't agree on that, but then, opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one.

Edit to add....

That's bollox, Richie. DayZ SA was a dead cert sales success. Yes, risky they'd produce a good game, after installing that wanker as lead dev, and as you know, they didn't produce a good game, just a load of fucking shit, running simulator. Hundreds and hundreds of people on various forums I visit vented their anger and frustration at that cretin and the crap SA. Yeah I know, alpha this, warning and disclaimer that.... 

It wasn't a risk, Richie, not in my opinion.

Maybe play Wasteland or KOTH, Epoch is as buggy as hell at the minute but then it's only 25% done, as an admin i spend hours helping my players.

Have a break and come back when it's more stable, to be honest though A2 Epoch was worse at this stage, the devs are only a small team working for free (unless the win ManW) so they don't have the resources like say EA do.

Be patient, it'll soon be fantastic and less buggy :)

Dayz SA was a risk, yes it was hugely popular and they made a fortune with the extra A2/OA sales but, it isn't what they're about, ArmA is a sandbox designed for modding, Dayz SA is a survival game where all the modding had to be removed, it's the total opposite of what ArmA is, way out their comfort zone.

I also think it's shite, I'm just glad i never paid for it :lol: I put more time in to it as a tester than i did after it was released, it was also better before it was released.

That's my 2 cents, we all have our own opinion, you're still a grumpy old man though but that's your choice :)

Just had a look on Steam, Richie. DLC bundle is £16  :o  :(

Which is a bargain already.

If the Marksman add-on DLC fixes the shitty scope sway, then I'll have to get it for free, like everyone.

Only the access to some content is restrictet, You won't get the SP missions and all content is low-res (textures) or low-sample rate (sounds/music).

Fixed Your post.

You're welcome.

Greez KiloSwiss

I don't care what you spend Your money on (or not), but next time you attempt to write a rant about Arma 3 DLCs, be so kind and read at least the official article about BIS's Arma 3 DLC strategy before You make a fool out of Yourself.

You're welcome.

Greez KiloSwiss

You see, it's all a matter of opinion, Kilo.

I believe BiS have made a fool out of you and thousands of others with DLC. You feel you have made a fool out of BIS by getting such a good deal on the DLC. Opinions, my friend.

Now, I'm trying to be positive since Richie gave me a telling off, so I don't want to slip back into grumpy old bastard mode. So let's leave it at that....a difference of opinion.

Regards.

Well i think this thread has now ran it's course :) let it die folks, let it slowly fade down the list until it's 20 pages in the past.

I bought the DLC, to be fair i hardly play the game, I spend most of my free time in the editor or designing a new terrain i have planned, for me it most likely wasn't value for money as i won't use the DLC as much as others will, I don't mind though, I respect BIS so they have my support and with that, my hard earned cash :)

My threads should never die!! Lol.

But seriously, don't you agree it would be cool if you could mishmash and combine the maps already available to us? 

You know, I remember Sequisha commenting on cutting Altis in half. It was a while ago mind you, but should be able to find it.