A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

@face I want to install this I have  installed a few but they were easy your saying copy and past my server wont let me do I just uploads your files one at a time  and do I delete any files?? sorry I am a noob at this and your prod sick of being asked

The spawn position can vary by up to 75m if players are nearby, or if the position is within a building. Also, custom infantry spawns are triggered by player presence, so if your players are logging in before your walls can spawn, you have a bigger problem than AI placement.

Thanks face, it's actually just two vehicles that do it but not always perhaps I should just move those spawn positions a bit further away from the walls.

@Skare: That is an odd message since I've always used that helicopter type without problems.The only reason that message would appear is if it's either not an air vehicle or if it contains an init statement that can potentially cause BE kicks. Try disabling classname verification in your A3EAI_config.sqf to avoid this message and see what happens.

//Global maximum number of active AI air vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).							
A3EAI_maxHeliPatrols = 5;	

//Probability of spawning Level 0/1/2/3 AI air vehicle patrol spawns. Probabilities should add up to 1.00		
A3EAI_levelChancesAir = [0.00,0.50,0.35,0.15];	

//Set minimum and maximum wait time in seconds to respawn an AI vehicle patrol after vehicle is destroyed or disabled. (Default: Min 600, Max 900).
A3EAI_respawnAirMinTime = 600;
A3EAI_respawnAirMaxTime = 900;

//Classnames of air vehicle types to use, with the maximum amount of each type to spawn.
A3EAI_heliList = [
	["B_Heli_Attack_01_F",5],
	["O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F",5],
	["B_mas_UH60M_MEV",5]
];

//Maximum number of gunner units per air vehicle. Limited by actual number of available gunner positions. (Default: 2)
A3EAI_heliGunnerUnits = 3;

//If enabled, A3EAI will remove all missile/rocket-type weaponry from spawned air vehicles. Affects both map-wide patrols and custom-spawned air vehicles. (Default: true)
A3EAI_removeMissileWeapons = false;

//Probability of AI helicopter sucessfully detecting player if there is line-of-sight. AI helicopters will conduct a visual sweep upon arriving at each waypoint and some distance after leaving. (Default: 0.70)
A3EAI_detectChance = 0.70;

I am having issues getting the AI to spawn in Heli's. My allowed list in Epochconfig, is set to spawn it with Mas Vehicles and or standard. I have tried many things.

Btw great script, tons of fun.

Thanks

Sneaks

@Sneakydude: I'm going to need a lot more details to be able to offer any help. Your situation is unusual because I know 100% that the vehicle spawns work, so you need to give details about what's going wrong and samples from your RPT log, including errors if there are any (use Pastebin if it's going to be a large sample).

According to his list he is only allowing a max of 5 heli spawning yet next to the vehicle class name he has 5 of each that adds upto 15 I'm taking anvils guess and saying it might be the value that is causing an issue.

I myself only have one type of heli spawning so mine is 3,3

@DanVonTrap: That is not the issue here, the numbers in A3EAI_heliList define the vehicle "pool" that is available for spawning, the number defined by A3EAI_maxHeliPatrols limits the maximum number of vehicles that can be spawned at once. If you're familiar with the dynamic vehicle system in A2 Epoch, it's basically the same line of thought. What may be causing the issue is that the classname verification may be filtering out the vehicle classnames, something that can be determined by looking at the RPT log.

Fixed missing items, but I did find out what the error in bool ment.

Opening up a ton of reported errors.

Edit

Looking through it, seems a butt load of epoch problems with possible addon problems.

I am not sure its all your error messages I am having can you have a look and see if that's my problem?

Thx

Sneaky

@Sneakydude: You have a large number of errors in your A3EAI_config.sqf, but those were picked up and auto-fixed, you'll need to check if you set anything incorrectly here:

11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_waitForHC, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_underbarrelChance0, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_underbarrelChance1, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_underbarrelChance2, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_underbarrelChance3, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_addAI_capitalCity, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_addAI_city, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_addAI_village, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_unitLevel_remoteArea, resetting to default value."
11:16:35 "[A3EAI] Error found in variable A3EAI_unitLevel_remoteArea, resetting to default value."

Also check that you have the most up-to-date A3EAI_config.sqf.

If you've defined uniform classnames manually, one of your classnames has an extra space at the end, resulting in an invalid classname:

11:16:37 "[A3EAI] Removing invalid classname: U_I_CombatUniform ."
11:16:37 "[A3EAI] Contents of A3EAI_uniformTypes0 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
11:16:37 "[A3EAI] Contents of A3EAI_uniformTypes1 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
11:16:37 "[A3EAI] Contents of A3EAI_uniformTypes2 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."
11:16:37 "[A3EAI] Contents of A3EAI_uniformTypes3 failed verification. Invalid entries removed."

Once you've fixed those classname problems, you can disable classname verification and see if that solves anything. The O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F in your A3EAI_vehList also has an extra space at the end, which you need to remove.

@Skare: Turning off classname verification means that A3EAI won't hand-hold you with mistyped classnames, so any typo'ed classnames will basically give you a bad time.

Rgr That thanks for the tip i have one more question as the instructions are semi vauge this line         #include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";           is it susposed to be in the init.sqf or the description.ext

I'm having a problem getting the AI to follow orders.  I want them to spawn in very specific places, including inside buildings and on higher floors.  But it seems as though they always want to spawn on the ground.  If they do manage to spawn inside buildings they immediately go outside.  But I want them to stay inside permanently.  I have set their patrol radius settings to 1 but they still go well outside that radius.   Is there a behavior setting I can edit to make this happen?  

@Darth_Rogue: A3EAI specifically avoids buildings as spawn points since they can get permanently stuck in certain objects as well as spawn on roofs (and fall off). Due to the short player distance check for custom spawns compared to regular spawns, spawning in buildings has very high risk of AI being spawned in the same building as a player, leading to instant-death situations.

To put it simply, using a general-purpose AI system like A3EAI means that you give up being able to do things exactly the way you want it, in return for ease and convenience. In certain situations, people may want AI spawned on roofs, some people may want it spawned in a building (or even on a specific floor/room), to make this possible in A3EAI will require such complexity that it'll be simpler to just script it up yourself.

Also, the "anti-stuck" function of A3EAI currently considers AI stuck if they haven't moved at least 5 meters within a certain amount of time and will teleport them around in an attempt to "unstuck" then. An exception is to be made for groups with a single waypoint in an upcoming update. I'm currently working on something rather complicated, about as complex as the dynamic or random spawn systems, so this will take some time.