AiA no longer maintained

Santa

OR one you that know what your doing suck it up and keep it going. Soooo many lazy talented people out here that can do it.

Making world config files work with an updated engine without errors, and getting them all to work from one addon, is more witchcraft than most other things in Arma.

It takes the average mapmaker somewhere around 4 years to make a map for Arma. Not all of that is placing objects on a map. Taking 4 years of work and then modifying it is a feat in itself, let alone updating it to work on a new engine.

Yeah I'd say it's time to start preparing to put some of the older maps out to pasture, fellas. There will be new maps coming. There's Bornholm, Nova Zona is on the way and let's not forget whatever expansions BIS has planned for Arma 3. Plus, with the work being done to add Arma 3 structures to Chernarus there's still life left in it. Let's not call it dead just yet.

Yeah I'd say it's time to start preparing to put some of the older maps out to pasture, fellas. There will be new maps coming. There's Bornholm, Nova Zona is on the way and let's not forget whatever expansions BIS has planned for Arma 3. Plus, with the work being done to add Arma 3 structures to Chernarus there's still life left in it. Let's not call it dead just yet.

There's also the map that the 2017 mod has been making, Bamburgh. Could be really nice if they don't make it exclusive to their mod.

Making world config files work with an updated engine without errors, and getting them all to work from one addon, is more witchcraft than most other things in Arma.

It takes the average mapmaker somewhere around 4 years to make a map for Arma. Not all of that is placing objects on a map. Taking 4 years of work and then modifying it is a feat in itself, let alone updating it to work on a new engine.

Nobody said its going to be easy....but its do-able. Someone or a group of people is going to NEED to because if not...I think we all know the answer to this one.

Nobody said its going to be easy....but its do-able. Someone or a group of people is going to NEED to because if not...I think we all know the answer to this one.

If it's so important for you, why dont you do it yourself? Don't tell me you don't know how, no-one knows how before they learn how to.

No! You are.

tumblr_m1mglrNRFQ1qdezf9o1_500.gif

Roll on the QQ when the next arma 3 update breaks it. I'm sure someone will step in and fix bugs though.

Hahaha 1 person aint gonna cut it dude. The AiA project was huge. Way to big and or complex for just one person to take on.

Have you seen all the bugs and shit going on with arma 3 right now.... jesus its terrible. Nothing ever gets fixed... Just more shit on top of more shit.

Hahaha 1 person aint gonna cut it dude. The AiA project was huge. Way to big and or complex for just one person to take on.

Have you seen all the bugs and shit going on with arma 3 right now.... jesus its terrible. Nothing ever gets fixed... Just more shit on top of more shit.

It's crazy. It's almost like Arma 3 is in beta or something... What do they think they area doing? Fixing bugs as they move towards a stable release? Unacceptable!