Will there be Taviana Map for Epoch A3?

knights†emplar

Car fix is still being worked on. As far contributions go HiiShino. What have you contributed?? All i see is you asking others to do work you should be doing yourself. Instead of hopping on our server and asking for files. You could of got on TS and spoke to us. We share with those that ask. Not those that demand.

As you can see from the outstanding tasks on the OP, the only fix outstanding is the vehicle fix, the current version I have is what Darth_Rogue posted. nothing more to add at this stage!

I helped everyone who PM'd me with info I had, I even joined some of their test servers to test it out for them. 

I am sorry I am not a script-er; I never claimed to be hence posting for help and asking the questions, if that offends in any way I am really sorry for you!

I worked on trying to fix the vehicle issues but it would appear to be difficult without changing epoch code, if you want to make changes without asking epoch for permission go ahead, not something I personally want to do, for the obvious reasons:

a: your not allowed to yet and b: I would have to change it every time an update is out...

So if you feel sending more abuse towards me on here go ahead carry on! personally I think it just shows what a childish bunch of admins you are!

oh and just for the records I never asked you for server files, and defo not when I joined your server for one day few weeks back! I do not know where you got that impression from. I was playing and busy dying of glitches and running back to my body.. i think i have a vehicle full of gear hidden in trees somewhere from that day, my intentions was to play on your server regularly! and that is exactly what I had done for few hours before you started accusing me of stealing your files!

could someone upload a 100% working MP-Mission File.

I work for a week on my server, but I can not get him to run.

go back a page or two, you will see this. I will added it to the front page tonight/tomorrow so its easier to find.. but this is collection of everyone who contributed to this thread so far. let us know how you get on?\

Ok so here are some files to help some folks out.  Here is a working mission as well as the a3 epoch server settings pbo which contains Taviana teleporter positions, static trader positions, phone booth positions and loot container positions on the beach.  Much more needs done to make this 100%, such as trader "cities" to go along with the static traders, but since I don't plan to make a live Tavi server I won't be investing the time to create them.  It's easy enough to do with the A3 editors.  There are TONS of server and client RPT errors.  Some relating to missing PBOs and files from Origins and others from the loot spawner not having loot positions in building classes, but they do not affect the overall operation of the game.   I offer NO support for these files.  Just trying to help out.  Credit and thanks goes to Spear for the phone booth positions list posted a few posts back and also to the RiotControlGaming team for their modified LSpawner addon.

****IMPORTANT**** YOU MUST use the old AiA TP (2014 version) with Origins.  If you try to use the new 2015 version it will freeze up your Arma 3 client when loading into the map.  Consider too that other mods and/or servers may require the new TP version, so your players will have to keep both versions and know when to use each of them.  Quite a PITA if you ask me, but it is what it is.  

Good luck!   :)

My RPT shows many entries like this:

12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.limitedSpeedCoef'.
12:08:09 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.secondaryExplosion'.
12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.sensitivity'.
12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.sensitivityEar'.
12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.brakeDistance'.
12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.precision'.
12:08:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base.formationX'.

I have found my Problems

What files and version must i have in the @Taviana Folder ?

i need a running mission.sqm file. Without these file i am unable to start the Server !!!

I have for fun the Bornholm map installed and it works perfectly without any Problems !

Why re-invent the wheel?

Work on a common set of files and maps so that when people download them they can join other servers not just one specific map/server.

Use origins 1.7.9 because that's the bikey we have.

we use 1.7.9 Cen, and the key, but you have to delete a lot of files and trim it down for a3. otherwise you get weird pop ups and addon  errors that relate to a2 origins mod, You would have to upload your server version of @taviana for your players so they can join.

we use 1.7.9 Cen, and the key, but you have to delete a lot of files and trim it down for a3. otherwise you get weird pop ups and addon  errors that relate to a2 origins mod, You would have to upload your server version of @taviana for your players so they can join.

I have done all of this.

Got a Taviana running without a single texture missing or black error box, or config.bin errors.

Just give me a couple to finalize it :)

I have done all of this.

Got a Taviana running without a single texture missing or black error box, or config.bin errors.

Just give me a couple to finalize it :)

Did you write an own config for taviana, so that the cities and all this stuff is defined ?