Will there be Taviana Map for Epoch A3?

knights†emplar

I got it almost there, very close, the only problem with going live at the moment is that there are a lot of errors spamming the log file, this would probably cause a performance issue especially when server is full! 

I am afraid most of these errors will not be fixable until someone takes ownership of the map and adapts it for A3..

I will continue testing and trying out few things, myself and Darth_Rogue are in discussion to see if its of any value to bring out a live server with this, until we can reduce the amount of errors its really not clever to make it public.

Yeah Tavi has always had issues.  But currently for example there are missing ambient sounds and building and vehicle configs called from Arma 2.  Getting this to work properly with Arma 3 is going to require some serious tinerking.  I mean it plays fine.  But there are errors you have to click through to get into game.  The server and client RPT are just littered with errors of missing stuff.  As HiiShino said, how well this will play with 60-100 players is anyone's guess.  But I can't imagine it would be smooth.  

Working on it still gonna try something tonight, atm there is plenty on the map to drive and most are spawning good. I'll let you know if what I'm trying works as a permanent solution.

How do they spawn, did you change allready something?

They original script is looking for cities in the follow part, isn't it?

_selectedCity=_allCitysDync select(floor random(count _allCitysDync));
        if(!isNil "_selectedCity")then{

_find=_allowedTypes find(getText(_selectedCity >> "type"));
            if(_find >-1)then{
                _cityPos=getArray(_selectedCity >> "position");
                _range=getNumber(_selectedCity >> "radiusA")*1.3;
                _nearBy=count(_cityPos nearEntities[["LandVehicle","Ship","Air"],_range]);
                _limit=_spawnPositionSize select _find select 1;
                if(_limit > _nearBy)then{
                    _roads=_cityPos nearRoads _range;
                    if(_roads isEqualTo[])then{
                        _allCitysDync=_allCitysDync-[_selectedCity];
                    }else{
                        _road=_roads select(floor random(count _roads));
                        if(!isNil "_road")then{
                            _position=getPosATL _road;
                            if(_nearBy+1==_limit)then{
                                _allCitysDync=_allCitysDync-[_selectedCity]
                            };
                        };
                    };
                }else{
                    _allCitysDync=_allCitysDync-[_selectedCity];
                };
            };
        };
        count _position==3 || diag_tickTime-_start>0.8

Wouldn't it possible, that we make a table with for example 15 rows with the coordinates from areas where vehicle can/should spawn (like the coordinates for the shipping container) and the script use this instead of the cities?

An other idea, we can let them spawn with the chopper script, they will not stay on roads (maybe a prob for some cars, they will stuck) but they will be around the map.

Or a combination of both scripts, the chopper script will look for a position and the part of the vehicle spawn looks for a road then? I hope that Air vehicles script is not looking for city names.

To be honest, right now I don't have a clue how to do this :(.

I might have got mine fixed, i am not 100% though, but last night after trying out few things, i got an error and my server wouldn't start , when i fixed it up I went in and switched ESP map on, did not see a single car in water and the other good thing is that all the boats are close to shore and not on land either .....

I haven't had time due to work and other commitment but I wanted to blow up few vehicles and restart server to see if it they spawn on land only!

I will let you know tonight/tomorrow, if all good I will share...

I will block the two bridges today with some stuff and I will share it here then. Funny is, you can walk on the bridge, but you can not drive, ok I can make a ramp, but doesn't look nice a vehicle 1m above the bridge ;).

Still no solution for the car spawn? :(

RiotControlGaming is an a absolute idiot ! accusing people people of stealing shit of him! in this case thought it was me! no apology received for his abusive comments here yet !

Threatening to ban me from his server! for something i didn't do! when i was glad someone made a Taviana server public and happy to be part of it! be aware when you decide to go and play there!

Another admin with power going to his head! all i am saying! you had your chance to apologies since you decided to hijack my post to advertise your server!

you guys at RiotControlGaming have not contributed a thing, you could have posted your mission file long time ago, made suggestions, recommendations, a clue at least! instead jumping on Darth_Rogue for credit!

Why not post it here! lets see if you gonna post the vehicle fix like one of your admins at your community said! or you gonna wait for it to be released by someone else and ask for credit for

Car fix is still being worked on. As far contributions go HiiShino. What have you contributed?? All i see is you asking others to do work you should be doing yourself. Instead of hopping on our server and asking for files. You could of got on TS and spoke to us. We share with those that ask. Not those that demand.

http://nasdero.eu/bilder/Bridge_east.jpg<= Bridge blocked

http://nasdero.eu/bilder/Bridge_west.jpg<= Bridge blocked

http://nasdero.eu/bilder/Bridge_rail.jpg<= problem solved ;)

insert in config.cpp in your tavi section:

// Bridge fix west
    {"Land_CncBlock_Stripes", {7641.47, 9421.39, -3.05176e-005}, 41.3636},
    {"Land_CncBlock_Stripes", {7643.42, 9419.67, -3.05176e-005}, 41.3636},
    {"Land_CncBlock_Stripes", {7645.37, 9417.95, -3.05176e-005}, 41.3636},
    {"Land_CncBlock_Stripes", {7647.32, 9416.24, -3.05176e-005}, 41.3636},
    {"Land_CncBlock_Stripes", {7649.28, 9414.52, -3.05176e-005}, 41.3636},
    {"Land_CncBlock_Stripes", {7651.23, 9412.8, -3.05176e-005}, 41.3636},
    {"Fortress2", {7635.01, 9417.45, 0}, 221.818},
    {"Danger", {7641.83, 9414.92, 0}, 0},
    {"Danger", {7643.3, 9410.51, 0}, 0},
// Bridge fix east