Will there be Taviana Map for Epoch A3?

knights†emplar

Why re-invent the wheel?

Work on a common set of files and maps so that when people download them they can join other servers not just one specific map/server.

Use origins 1.7.9 because that's the bikey we have.

I did not mean that using other players work is something bad. But I think most guys in here are using RiotControlGaming's mission.sqm without their agreement. If they would have sheared it ok. But most guys in here share their working mission file which is taken from RiotControlGaming.

I did not mean that using other players work is something bad. But I think most guys in here are using RiotControlGaming's mission.sqm without their agreement. If they would have sheared it ok. But most guys in here share their working mission file which is taken from RiotControlGaming.

I looked into Riot mission.sqm, I used the coordinats of the Clonestation, that is all, cause I like the position and that is all I used. I got now 4 Tradercities, one in the west, east, north and center. I got the classnames now for the water barrel and the fountain. What I miss are the classnames for the trash, I used them from the editor, but they are not lootable. :( I got two different wind tower also working.

The most important think is the vehicle spawn, if anybody got a clue, just PM me, it should be done without breaking the ToS, we can disable the vehicle in config.cpp and spawn them with a scipt.

^ I would be able to figure it out, it will take some time, but right now I am preparing the map and this will take also some more days.

If somebody is looking for a mission.sqm, then have a look into the you need to edit this a bit, then you can use it for Tavian also.

@BetterDeadThanZed .fuck do you just add your 2 cent to every post every day.WOW

@BetterDeadThanZed is one of the ones who complained to the devs here about our server being listed as official Epoch server. We have been removed from this list. For this reason we will not be sharing the vehicle fix for Tavi map. To many kids crying on here.

@BetterDeadThanZed is one of the ones who complained to the devs here about our server being listed as official Epoch server. We have been removed from this list. For this reason we will not be sharing the vehicle fix for Tavi map. To many kids crying on here.

Not sure where you got that idea from but it's not true. I never even knew about your server until last night.

Edit: It appears your server IS an official server. Notice the little star at the end:

wDObEw.png

Smok3 , you are not sharing with epoch guys who removed you from official server by the sound of it! they are not interested in any fixes you come up with, if any! but with other people, you wouldn't even have a server without the help of this forum.

if you don't want to share don't share , just don't keep coming up with excuses! and lets get back to my topic here....

Not sure where you got that idea from but it's not true. I never even knew about your server until last night.

Edit: It appears your server IS an official server. Notice the little star at the end:

wDObEw.png

Sent Yesterday, 07:18 PM

We at Epoch are unable to promote/mention Taviana. Because of this your server thread has been moved to the public server listing and can't be considered Official.

I know it sucks bud and I wish I didn't have to send this msg bud I do. It's not personal at all.

Axle.

@BetterDeadThanZed, looks like you are wrong again.  Stop crying to the devs here. Your server has no one on it cuz you are a asshat. Haters gonna H8.

Sent Yesterday, 07:18 PM

We at Epoch are unable to promote/mention Taviana. Because of this your server thread has been moved to the public server listing and can't be considered Official.

I know it sucks bud and I wish I didn't have to send this msg bud I do. It's not personal at all.

Axle.

@BetterDeadThanZed, looks like you are wrong again.  Stop crying to the devs here. Your server has no one on it cuz you are a asshat. Haters gonna H8.

I didn't ask the devs to remove you from the official list. I do not have that power and if I did ask, they'd ignore it. I don't care if your server is official or not and as I said, I had never even heard of your server until last night when I was trying to join it. The server list clearly shows your server is still listed as official.

let us have a look here:

if(!isNil "_selectedCity")then{

_find=_allowedTypes find(getText(_selectedCity >> "type"));
            if(_find >-1)then{
                _cityPos=getArray(_selectedCity >> "position");
                _range=getNumber(_selectedCity >> "radiusA")*1.3;
                _nearBy=count(_cityPos nearEntities[["LandVehicle","Ship","Air"],_range]);
                _limit=_spawnPositionSize select _find select 1;
                if(_limit > _nearBy)then{
                    _roads=_cityPos nearRoads _range;
                    if(_roads isEqualTo[])then{
                        _allCitysDync=_allCitysDync-[_selectedCity];
                    }else{
                        _road=_roads select(floor random(count _roads));
                        if(!isNil "_road")then{
                            _position=getPosATL _road;
                            if(_nearBy+1==_limit)then{
                                _allCitysDync=_allCitysDync-[_selectedCity]
                            };
                        };
                    };
                }else{
                    _allCitysDync=_allCitysDync-[_selectedCity];
                };
            };
        };

That is the part what is spawning Vehicles, isn't it? If I disable Vehicles in epochconfig.hpp like

{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",0},

for all LAND vehicle, then Epoch will not spawn any cars ( I guess if set to 0, you can't spawn cars with the admintool either, but for now no problem).

So we should be able to make a own script, but instead of

_cityPos=getArray(_selectedCity >> "position");

should we define an own Array with coordinates where the script should have a look for a place to spawn a vehicle, we need also a list with allowed vehicles like Epoch is doing this.  if(_find >-1)then{ must be different also, when the script is not able to find at least one city.

So we shouldn't need to touch any epoch file (ToS).
Or have a look what Sharkking is doing with radom player spawn.

So I hope anyone can creat a script, I don't have the time right now to get familiar with the arma 3 code, I can read it, but I need to much time to write it.

Anyone willing to set up a git for all this Taviana related stuff ? if not i could make one. Reading through all this pages, collecting all information and sorting out spam is more time intensive as fixing the problems :-)

if we can fix vehicle spawn then yes, otherwise no point, but even then there are a lot of .rpt errors and warning to cause performance issues, that need fixing by adding whats missing from A2. these the two things we don't have the know how , I personally don't want to change or encourage any epoch coding. 

If you have a fix please free to take the files and then upload with your fix. or i can upload...