LMFAO... Mod of the year?

dzrealkiller

Am I looking at this wrong or did ArmA 3 Epoch just get 2014 Mod of the Year Awards via Mod DB

Seriously? Mod of the year... that's just bullshit yeah its GOING to be amazing but damn a mod of the year award after a week when nothing is implemented is just retarded.

Maybe I am missing the point... no idea.. could somebody explain if I am missing the point here.

Oh so they have not won the award we are just able to vote for them? I see now :)

Hmm I want to vote for A3 Epoch but I don't believe its ready to be voted for just yet.

Its like releasing a game in Alpha and it been buggy to hell then it gets titled game of the year... I cant see how that works when its no where near finished or fully working there are still a lot of issues. Once I see it improve and some of the issues resolved and more stuff added then yeah It will get my vote for sure. I know once it is completely finished its going to be hands down the best mod out but I cant vote on that just yet.

Oh so they have not won the award we are just able to vote for them? I see now :)

Hmm I want to vote for A3 Epoch but I don't believe its ready to be voted for just yet.

Its like releasing a game in Alpha and it been buggy to hell then it gets titled game of the year... I cant see how that works when its no where near finished or fully working there are still a lot of issues. Once I see it improve and some of the issues resolved and more stuff added then yeah It will get my vote for sure. I know once it is completely finished its going to be hands down the best mod out but I cant vote on that just yet.

STFU and vote already. :)

This is unrelated to the make arma not war contest. The moddb mod of the year is decided by the public and this voting.

Got you, I understand now.

Yes, you need more exposure to get those player numbers up.

Can I suggest you run a video competition with different categories to get you some free, quality promotional videos?

See how it's done at realitymod.com.

Their community produced some near professional productions for their annual video competitions.

A Frankie or Lewis video wouldn't go amiss either. In fact I'm bewildered why they haven't already started a series on it.

Breaking Point is further ahead and I really miss some of their features in Epoch, I find Epoch more fun and casual which fits Me and My group better after being completely hooked on Breaking Point for several months so Epoch is where I play today but I also have Breaking Point to thank for finding ARMA3 and FPS games again.

My vote 2014 would hands down go to Breaking Point because of all their Weapons, Ballistics and Damage system. The first couple of months there was terrifying but in a good way never felt so scared playing a game before felt like a real survival mod, but they have taken a kinda weird turn so don´t know what will happen there in the future but don´t really like it feels a lot like the sandbox is gone there.

2015 My vote would most probably end up on Epoch, because of funnier gameplay in the long run.

The first couple of months there was terrifying but in a good way never felt so scared playing a game before felt like a real survival mod, but they have taken a kinda weird turn so don´t know what will happen there in the future but don´t really like it feels a lot like the sandbox is gone there.

Yep, totally scared...

Scared of going near some of the spawned loot boxes as they would occasionally start moving and damage you or trap you if in tight locations. ;)

Got you, I understand now.

Yes, you need more exposure to get those player numbers up.

Can I suggest you run a video competition with different categories to get you some free, quality promotional videos?

See how it's done at realitymod.com.

Their community produced some near professional productions for their annual video competitions.

A Frankie or Lewis video wouldn't go amiss either. In fact I'm bewildered why they haven't already started a series on it.

It's hard to get good footage when 90% of the people on a server are highly skilled.  I've noticed most of our players are pretty hardcore, these guys and gals really don't mess around lol.

It's hard to get good footage when 90% of the people on a server are highly skilled. I've noticed most of our players are pretty hardcore, these guys and gals really don't mess around lol.

Point understood, but many of the videos for the PR competition were scripted and staged. There was a gameplay category also.

And I will be voting... Just not yet I want to see what else they bring. Yes Its a fantastic mod agreed but I just don't feel ready to vote for something that's been out for like a week... My choice... I will not be forced into voting if I don't feel its the right time.

I get people knocking at my door trying to get me to vote for politics they get told to fuck off.. I'm not normally a voting type.. This will get my vote when I feel good and ready.

I vote every chance I get. Because for one the other mods out there are shit. Apparently some of you have not been here since the beginning nor have I but I have been here long enough to see what has come down the pipe. I have also seen what is coming down the pipe in the future by watching Squishy's Twitch Channel. So for those of you waiting to see what is to come. Its out there already you just aren't looking hard enough and you are wasting time by not voting. I tried to tell ya but you wouldnt listen.