Lack of AI

dzrealkiller

This is the kind of feedback we needed about a month ago... Something tells me you guys are not looting everything you can. All antagonists are event driven and require you to loot.

Keep the feedback coming, we need more feedback on this and will likely add features to allow some control over the chances AI will spawn.

This is the kind of feedback we needed about a month ago... Something tells me you guys are not looting everything you can. All antagonists are event driven and require you to loot.

Keep the feedback coming, we need more feedback on this and will likely add features to allow some control over the chances AI will spawn.

There were 2 of us on the server for about 4 hours last night. Looted everything we could.

cultists only come out at night and AI soldiers only spawn if the drone spots you before you kill it

What's the spot time on the drone?

How exposed do you need to be in order to be spotted?

Is there any indication given that you've been spotted by the drone?

Does day/night affect the drones ability to spot you?

If spotted, does that mean AI will descend on your location?

I think even if a drone is shot down AI should arrive at the drone crash site to investigate why the drone fell :) maybe 5 AI if a player is spotted or 1-2 AI if there drone is shot down... this would be awesome so if you do not want AI attention... you better hide :P

**EDIT**

Also a quick question... How can I change the heli flight to an easier flight system... its on expert and to be honest I'm no expert lol I can fly great in Arma 2 and could fly with the easier Arma 3 heli difficulty can I change this for my server please and how?

What's the spot time on the drone?

How exposed do you need to be in order to be spotted?

Is there any indication given that you've been spotted by the drone?

Does day/night affect the drones ability to spot you?

If spotted, does that mean AI will descend on your location?

Less than 60 seconds

The UAV needs line of sight, but also needs to be in range less than 100m

It will make a sound kind of like a modem

No

Yes

I think even if a drone is shot down AI should arrive at the drone crash site to investigate why the drone fell :) maybe 5 AI if a player is spotted or 1-2 AI if there drone is shot down... this would be awesome so if you do not want AI attention... you better hide :P

**EDIT**

Also a quick question... How can I change the heli flight to an easier flight system... its on expert and to be honest I'm no expert lol I can fly great in Arma 2 and could fly with the easier Arma 3 heli difficulty can I change this for my server please and how?

You can change this in the desciption.ext remove the line forceRotorLibSimulation = 1;

Yeah about 1-2 hours of gameplay (hard to tell I was having so much fun with the loot spawn changes).. I encountered two drones (one spotted me and gave the dialup noise but I ran before I saw any AI spawn).. two sappers (two different towns) and an angry dog! I was looting/smashing trash piles..

Must say, having to press I over loot piles is painful! Havent looked, but assuming I can rebind..

Still an insane lack of AI to be honest. Low pop servers are boring as hell the fps is nice but the gameplay is boring as there is a huge lack of threats.

What you need to do is pick a server and stick with it. As more people do this it'll become more popular, and therefore busier and more entertaining.

The AI are a placeholder.. They are something.

Give it time for the scripters to write other AI scripts.  It's probably in the works now.. ie: WAI / SargeAI  for A3

I personally don't think the developers need to start focusing on stuff that can be scripted unless they want to.

I have played Epoch for ArmA2 to death and I'm still actively playing Epoch/Overpoch for ArmA2 on a few different maps now run by the same host. This Saturday was my first experience with Epoch for ArmA3. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is for the early stages of development. I played on an Epoch Altis server in the morning and then I started my own Epoch Bornholm server in the afternoon. All I have been doing is looting to gear up and selling to the traders for $$$. So far I have only seen/killed one AI in about 6 hours of gameplay. It was the zombie looking thing with no arms. Other than that it is very quiet. I have moved to one of the big cities on the map and hope to find more action. The loot is definitely more plentiful. I will try playing at night more often. Nice job so far developers!

:)