[Release] Vehicle locator and key identifier

Logi

This is a script which enables users to identify which vehicles their keys belong to. It also enables users to locate their vehicles on the map through the use of local map markers.

The reason why I created this script was because I kept receiving requests from my server users to locate their lost vehicles because they could not remember where they parked them.

Also it can be very annoying having many vehicle keys and not remembering which vehicle they belong to.

I searched to see if a script already existed, but I could not find a script that done what I wanted.

I did stumble across Csus's Simple Vehicle Finder tool, which enables admin to teleport to vehicles, so I decided to modify his code to suit my needs.

Therefore I must thank Csus for saving me a little time and effort. An I must credit him for his contribution.

This is not a live tracking system, the map markers do not automatically update when a vehicle moves, the script must be run again after a vehicle has moved in order for the map marker to update.
If a vehicle is being driven, the map marker will not be able to update. The map marker will only be able to update when the player gets out of the vehicle and the location is updated in the database.
In order to remove the map markers, place the key/keys in your bag and run the script again.

This script can be used without the local map markers, if you just want your users to be able to identify their vehicle keys without the map markers being created.

Download: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B95EyIoSuUF0bTQ5Zm9qZzVsclU&usp=sharing

Installation instructions are in the README.txt file.

That's beautiful :)

I may add this as a vehicle upgrade so players can pay to install a "Tracker" on their car to enable this, I'll let you know if I can get that working ;)

Until then I'm installing this as is, I'm running Infistar so I'll let you know if I run into any problems with that as I see your using Epoch admintools

HI,

This is really good it's going to save me so much time. with "i've lost my car" however it does not seem to work with keychains so if you have more than 1 car on the same key. any chance you would like to modify that ? if not I will customize on my own.

Thanks

Thank You very much for this adding it to our PvE update. going to save our admins a bit of work...always a fan of those Self-Server channels. Only thing I changed was I decided to use the GPS instead of the Map as it made more sense to me that a digital device would display that info as we were all out of magic maps..lol   and I did rename right click option to "OffStar Vehicle Location"

Again Thx for this and thx for saving our admins some time.

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Obviously there are pros and cons to a script like this, which is why I released a version with no map markers.

Yes players can locate your vehicles if they steal your keys, but its a survival game, you should not be carrying all your keys with you, just 1 or 2 max.

What often happens is someone gets killed, their keys are stolen, but the bandit cannot locate the vehicle, so they dispose of the key. Then the original owner is stuck with a locked vehicle and no key.

But if you do not like the map markers, use the key identifier script instead.

I have not tested this script whilst using a master key/ key chain script, but I will test it out and see if I can get it working properly.

An I have never used Infistar so I cannot give any help on that. I am sure someone with experience using infistar will know how to prevent it from kicking players ect.

i use infistar and tried this script, i as admin can turn on the vehicle marker see the message bottom left corner the name of vehicle and all details, maker shows but stays there where the vehicle is. Perfect for admin

Could it be turned off once Admin/player enters vehicle?  (relog sorts it)

Players can click Map but gets message bottom left corner, vehicle is no longer in the database.

I have only tried spawning these with my other admin and i disabled his infistar to try.

any fix for players using this script with infistar?

thanks

I have never used inifstar so I do not know what his code does or how it affects things.

If someone can give me a bit of information on how infistar affects vehicles, I may be able to help you guys that are having problems.

When you say could it be turned off, what do you mean? You could reserve the tool for admin users only if that is what you wanted.

If you want to remove the markers from the map, just place the keys in your bag and run the script again.

Each time the script is run, it first removes any previous vehicle markers. So if you move a vehicle, then get out, you must run the script again for the map marker to update.

I am also using Infistar. I added the Locate Vehicle option to my server menu and it doesn't kick or ban players, but for players, they don't get anything beyond the message "Found X Keys". No further messages to include what vehicles they belong to and no map marker. For me, as an Admin, it works fine. Sorry I can't help with how Infistar works. I don't know enough about that.

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Obviously there are pros and cons to a script like this, which is why I released a version with no map markers.

Yes players can locate your vehicles if they steal your keys, but its a survival game, you should not be carrying all your keys with you, just 1 or 2 max.

What often happens is someone gets killed, their keys are stolen, but the bandit cannot locate the vehicle, so they dispose of the key. Then the original owner is stuck with a locked vehicle and no key.

But if you do not like the map markers, use the key identifier script instead.

I have not tested this script whilst using a master key/ key chain script, but I will test it out and see if I can get it working properly.

An I have never used Infistar so I cannot give any help on that. I am sure someone with experience using infistar will know how to prevent it from kicking players ect.

where is this key chain script that I see you speak of ????

Yeah I was afraid of that, I wanted to add DayZ Radio Comms and had the same issue, it's making markers for normal players is locked down by Infistar (because that's how ESP hax works) and the general consensus was it's just simply that you can't use it with Infistar :(

I'm happy to let the author take a look at our Infistar implementation if they want to take a crack at it.

Maybe as a halfway house for IS users you could have it give you a distance and heading instead of a marker...not as great but it should work, I've just not got any idea how to do that but I suspect it will involve working out the map specific grids and some maths =p

Yeah I was afraid of that, I wanted to add DayZ Radio Comms and had the same issue, it's making markers for normal players is locked down by Infistar (because that's how ESP hax works) and the general consesus was it's just simply that you can't use it with Infistar :(

Well that stinks. How could I make it so the menu option only shows up for admins? This is what I have in my server menu file:

player removeAction s_player_servermenu;s_player_servermenu1 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Server Rules") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\spawn_rules.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenu2 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Server Info") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\spawn_info.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenu3 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Player Tips") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\spawn_tips.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenu4 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Locate Vehicle") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\locate_vehicle.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenuCancel = player addAction ["close","custom\servermenu\server_menuClose.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];

Is there a way to make the "s_player_servermenu4" line only show for admins? If not, is there a way to add this to Infistar's menu?

Well that stinks. How could I make it so the menu option only shows up for admins? This is what I have in my server menu file:

player removeAction s_player_servermenu;s_player_servermenu1 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Server Rules") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\spawn_rules.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenu2 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Server Info") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\spawn_info.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenu3 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Player Tips") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\spawn_tips.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenu4 = player addAction [("<t color=""#FFFFFF"">" + ("- Locate Vehicle") +"</t>"),"custom\servermenu\locate_vehicle.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];
s_player_servermenuCancel = player addAction ["close","custom\servermenu\server_menuClose.sqf","",-1,false,false,"", ""];

Is there a way to make the "s_player_servermenu4" line only show for admins? If not, is there a way to add this to Infistar's menu?

You could probably just create an admin list and then check if the user is an admin. eg:

AdminList = [
"00000000000000000", // Admin 1 ID here
"00000000000000000"  // Admin 2 ID here
];

if((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList then {
} else {
};