[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

If you read my post, you'll see that I solved it and have modified the file. I still think this should be in the final release as standard. Nothing worse for an admin than having to explain to a crying baby player why his vehicle has despawned after restart.. Over and over again lol .. 

yea, exactly what i was going to do. i think at one point it was in, might have gotten overlooked.

as static box??

could someone help me

Put this at the bottom of whichever static file you use:

//Boxes
//Bandit Supply Base
_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[17468.3,5184.75,0.001],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_crate,[2,ai_wep_sniper],[8,crate_tools_sniper],[4,crate_backpacks_large]] call dynamic_crate;

Keep it above the last   };

Just change coords to suit your needs.

Can add more like this:

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[17448.3,5184.75,0.001],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
_crate2 = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[17468.3,5184.75,0.001],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
_crate3 = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[17488.3,5184.75,0.001],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_crate,[...........
[_crate2,[...........
[_crate3,[...........

Hi, since nobody answered my question about AI with RPG Launchers, should I guess that this is still not posible in the latest release?

I'm so sorry for coming with this again but without RPGs, WAI missions have always been the easiest missions in my server because my players have access to heavy armored vehicles in order to face other deadly missions scripts.

Hi, since nobody answered my question about AI with RPG Launchers, should I guess that this is still not posible in the latest release?

I'm so sorry for coming with this again but without RPGs, WAI missions have always been the easiest missions in my server because my players have access to heavy armored vehicles in order to face other deadly missions scripts.

Yes, you can add AT or AA launchers to your missions.

In the config.sqf set

wai_use_launchers			= true;

You can also create static groups with AT launchers, For the primary gun, use ["Random","at"].

For some reason my WAI wont attack some certain vehicles. How did we fix that? Do we need to add the vehicle somewhere for it to be attacked by ais?

To have the AI attack certain vehicles, they need weapons that can hurt those vehicles. RPGs and other AT launchers will do this.

Yes, you can add AT or AA launchers to your missions.

In the config.sqf set

wai_use_launchers			= true;

You can also create static groups with AT launchers, For the primary gun, use ["Random","at"].

To have the AI attack certain vehicles, they need weapons that can hurt those vehicles. RPGs and other AT launchers will do this.

Thanks for your answer bro, but unfortunately the command "wai_use_launchers = true;" doesn't seem to work, as no AI spawns with AT nor AA :(

Thanks for your answer bro, but unfortunately the command "wai_use_launchers = true;" doesn't seem to work, as no AI spawns with AT nor AA :(

Have you perhaps edited which launchers are used? My AI have always spawned with launchers. They don't always use them, and when they do, it's only on vehicles. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is an option in the config to determine weather or not the launchers get deleted when the AI dies.

Have you perhaps edited which launchers are used? My AI have always spawned with launchers. They don't always use them, and when they do, it's only on vehicles. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is an option in the config to determine weather or not the launchers get deleted when the AI dies.

I think I have, I even let them use only one type to see if there was a conflict, but no luck... however I'll give it a careful look on this and then I'll coment back :) Thanks.

Help me please. Static spawn dont work. What is my problem?

RPT log:

Custom group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>
5:52:02 Error position: <group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>
5:52:02 Error Missing ;
5:52:02 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\static\chernarus.sqf, line 4
5:52:02 Error in expression <narus.sqf"
if(isServer) then {

Custom group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>

5:52:02 "WAI: AI Monitor Started"

cherarus.sqf

if(isServer) then {

Custom group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.00142384], // Position
6, // Number Of units
"Random", // Skill level of unit (easy, medium, hard, extreme, Random)
"Random", // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
4, // Number of magazines
"Random", // Backpack classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random", // Skin classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random", // Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set
"Bandit" // AI Type, "Hero" or "Bandit".
] call spawn_group;

diag_log format["WAI: Static mission for %1 loaded", missionName];

};

Help me please. Static spawn dont work. What is my problem?

RPT log:

Custom group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>
5:52:02 Error in expression <narus.sqf"
if(isServer) then {

Custom group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.0>

5:52:02 "WAI: AI Monitor Started"

cherarus.sqf

if(isServer) then {

Custom group spawns Eg.

[
[4644.74,2536.06,0.00142384], // Position
6, // Number Of units
"Random", // Skill level of unit (easy, medium, hard, extreme, Random)
"Random", // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
4, // Number of magazines
"Random", // Backpack classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random", // Skin classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random", // Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set
"Bandit" // AI Type, "Hero" or "Bandit".
] call spawn_group;

diag_log format["WAI: Static mission for %1 loaded", missionName];

};

if(isServer) then {

[
		[4644.74,2536.06,0.001],			// Position
		6,									// Number Of units
		"Random",							// Skill level of unit (easy, medium, hard, extreme, Random)
		"Random",							// Primary gun set number or gun and rocket launcher. Syntax is "Random", for gun only or ["Random","AT"], for gun and launcher
		4,									// Number of magazines
		"Random",							// Backpack classname, use "Random" or classname here
		"Random",							// Skin classname, use "Random" or classname here
		"Random",							// Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set
		"Bandit"							// AI Type, "Hero" or "Bandit".
	] call spawn_group;

diag_log "WAI: Static mission loaded";

};

try this, same thing really, just different spacing and shortened the decimal on the z coord,  0.001  should be fine for z coord, unless you are placing a gunner on a building. Then it tends to get hairy. I would imagine it is just by looking at your rpt, but double check that custom per world is set true in config.  If no luck then set it to false and just use the default.sqf  rather than chernarus,sqf   I use default.sqf for all maps

AI and buildings don't get cleared up after mission completion ..

I've got AI still roaming the map in areas where a mission ended over 2 hours ago. 

The missions clean up if nobody gets within 1000m for the set time, but the settings to clear up "completed" missions doesn't seem to be working and is causing issues on my server.. It gets pretty laggy after 3 missions don't clear up and 2 more are running on schedule..

Thanks

AI and buildings don't get cleared up after mission completion ..

I've got AI still roaming the map in areas where a mission ended over 2 hours ago. 

The missions clean up if nobody gets within 1000m for the set time, but the settings to clear up "completed" missions doesn't seem to be working and is causing issues on my server.. It gets pretty laggy after 3 missions don't clear up and 2 more are running on schedule..

Thanks

Well completing the mission doesn't clear the remaining AI, they have to be killed. The buildings really shouldn't cause much issues in performance.. especially not just 3 or 4. Certain missions need certain buildings (really just president and mayors mansion). But most of them can easily be removed from the mission files themselves.   

Well completing the mission doesn't clear the remaining AI, they have to be killed. The buildings really shouldn't cause much issues in performance.. especially not just 3 or 4. Certain missions need certain buildings (really just president and mayors mansion). But most of them can easily be removed from the mission files themselves.   

That's a lazy answer lol. Every other mission system cleans up AI after a set amount of time, AFTER the mission is completed. What is the point of having AI roaming that area long after the mission has been completed and the players have looted the crates? It just feels very clunky and messy.. Don't worry, i'll figure it out myself. I've already fixed several "features"! As for lag not being an issue, I can assure you that 15 undead AI in this area, then another 10 in that area, soon adds up to 40,50, 60 or more.. I can't force my players to kill ALL the AI .. what's the point of having a percentage kill ? 

Thanks anyway, I'll figure it out! 

If your system doesn't clean up buildings after a mission is completed, then what are these settings for?

wai_clean_mission_time	= 1200;	// time after a mission is complete to clean mission buildings

So our players like the idea of keys to be found on AI bodies.  Bit my understanding is that all vehicles will despawn.  Is it possible to set it up so only unclaimed vehicles despawn?  If a player finds the key, it's theirs through resets?  That'll change the logic in the vehicle despawn message a page or two back though.

Bob 

That's a lazy answer lol. Every other mission system cleans up AI after a set amount of time, AFTER the mission is completed. What is the point of having AI roaming that area long after the mission has been completed and the players have looted the crates? It just feels very clunky and messy.. Don't worry, i'll figure it out myself. I've already fixed several "features"! As for lag not being an issue, I can assure you that 15 undead AI in this area, then another 10 in that area, soon adds up to 40,50, 60 or more.. I can't force my players to kill ALL the AI .. what's the point of having a percentage kill ? 

Thanks anyway, I'll figure it out! 

If your system doesn't clean up buildings after a mission is completed, then what are these settings for?

wai_clean_mission_time	= 1200;	// time after a mission is complete to clean mission buildings

Ugh that attitude. Go play somewhere else please..

So our players like the idea of keys to be found on AI bodies.  Bit my understanding is that all vehicles will despawn.  Is it possible to set it up so only unclaimed vehicles despawn?  If a player finds the key, it's theirs through resets?  That'll change the logic in the vehicle despawn message a page or two back though.

Bob 

Should be an option in the config. I believe it's towards the bottom. Somewhere around line 96.   wai_keep_vehicles = true;

A couple of quick question guys.

I've got everything running, missions plus one each of the static types. They are all working fine.

I know I can have multiple machinegun placements, but can I have multiples of the others? The static group, paradrop and patrols? And if so, how to I implement them?

Also I can't seem to find a way to set the respawn time for the static types. Where would that be?

I've searched around and googled, but I guess I'm missing the answers to this.

Thanks so much!