[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

My understanding is that helis don't attack players on-foot on their own.  Only in if vehicles or if they fire on the helis.  I've read that on numerous posts and my roving helis seem to bear that out.  I have a squad of three helis circling the Tavi islands and that is how they work.

I believe there must be a way to do it because the Origins servers used to have the helis attack players on-foot, too.  But the Origins code isn't released and it seems no one has figured out how do do it on a non-Origins server.

I suspect that setting a waypoint to the current player location and combat to red might do it if as part of a mission but mine rove the islands and I only want them to attack when they spot a player.

Bob

Latest infistar update has a new createunit re check.

This check requires that you modify your AI missions.
You will have to add a variable to each created Unit.
_unit setVariable['oxveIB','mission'];

I'm presuming that the above line should go in both spawn_group and spawn_static, but where?

Anyone getting this error in the Beta?

0:35:42 Error in expression <ith " + str(_fuel) + " fuel and " + str(_damage) + " damage."); };

_vehicle set>
 0:35:42   Error position: <_damage) + " damage."); };

_vehicle set>
 0:35:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _damage
 0:35:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\custom_publish_vehicle.sqf, line 86

whats the difference with AI Type, "Hero" or "Bandit"?

Well, depending on different options you have enabled in the config, i't can determine quite a bit - or nothing at all. If you don't have friendly AI or humanity gain/loss on, there is no difference. With both on, the AI will only shoot at players with above/below the humanity requirement set in the config, and players will gain/lose the set humanity for the AI type they kill.  You can also choose to use one without the other. I prefer AI that shoot everyone (no friendly AI) so players can't exploit missions and humanity gain/loss on.

Well, depending on different options you have enabled in the config, i't can determine quite a bit - or nothing at all. If you don't have friendly AI or humanity gain/loss on, there is no difference. With both on, the AI will only shoot at players with above/below the humanity requirement set in the config, and players will gain/lose the set humanity for the AI type they kill.  You can also choose to use one without the other. I prefer AI that shoot everyone (no friendly AI) so players can't exploit missions and humanity gain/loss on.

how do i set it up so that ai react on hero based, so hero ai dont shoot hero players and bandits dont shoot bandit players

Latest infistar update has a new createunit re check.

This check requires that you modify your AI missions.
You will have to add a variable to each created Unit.
_unit setVariable['oxveIB','mission'];

I'm presuming that the above line should go in both spawn_group and spawn_static, but where?

Anyone?

easier said than done, am new to this still tring to get a hold of it lol

Just open the WAI folder then open config.cfg wuth notepad++  It's very user friendly. Look for things like AI_Behaivior_Friendly =... It's just a list of variables that can be set to true, false, or a number. Each variable has an explanation of what it does commented next to it.

*****How To add Coins to AI*****

If you're running with a coin currency and wish to add coins to AI wallets follow these:

Open your WAI\Compile folder and edit

Spawn_group

Spawn_static

Find

_unit enableAI "TARGET";
	_unit enableAI "AUTOTARGET";
	_unit enableAI "MOVE";
	_unit enableAI "ANIM";
	_unit enableAI "FSM";
	_unit setCombatMode ai_combatmode;
        _unit setBehaviour ai_behaviour;

In both files and add 

_cash = round(random 5) * 100;
_unit setVariable["headShots",_cash,true];

Below _unit setBehaviour ai_behaviour;

To change the amount of Coins on the ai change (random 5) * 100
This spawns the ai with a random amount of coins between 0 - 500 (5 x 100)

***NOTE***
If using Souls Hive change Headshots to CashMoney

Thanks to 
Chunk. No Captain Chunk.

For adding them to DZMS

I am trying to add coins to AI using the Beta 220 version and I don't have that exact chunk of code. I have : 

if (isNil "_mission") then {

_unit enableAI "TARGET";
			_unit enableAI "AUTOTARGET";
			_unit enableAI "MOVE";
			_unit enableAI "ANIM";
			_unit enableAI "FSM";

};

Do I just put those 2 lines under _unit enableAI "FSM"; ?

Hello.
We have prepared a cave, made of rocks and wanted to place some AI's inside of it. Problem is that AIs dont spawn inside of the cave but on top of its rocky roof. 
This is how i call a group of AI's 
Anny help would be apreciated.

[
		[18623.3,5830.89,0.001],
		"extreme",
		"Random",
		"Random",
		"Random",
		"Random",
		"Bandit"
	] call spawn_group;

Has anyone got this working on a overpoch server. I got a server with GTXgaming and tried installing this and no missions popped up. If you have figured it out can you please help me out.

S/F

Sgt Cruz

We are also using gtx server. Installed acording to manual and works from first time. Overpoch Napf map.

WeskeRo, from what I gather, AI cannot spawn inside buildings.  A suggestion I've been given is to spawn them just outside and then set a waypoint on the inside.   Supposedly as soon as they spawn in, they'll go to the waypoint.  It's on my list of things to do but I haven't actually done it yet.

N4mEL3sS, I'm running an Overwatch Origins Epoch server and are running all you are except single currency and P4L. Plus quite a few more.   I also have multi-character.  I've tried to put in P4L several times and each has failed. I think there are two reasons.  First, it touches a lot of sqf files that have already been modified for other scripts I'm running so I have to be real careful I don't step on something else.  Second, multi-character changes the database structure a bit and adds IDs to keep the different characters separate in-game but with only one Steam ID.  And P4L also makes use of many player ID related variables.  I think this is where my greatest conflict is.  I suspect that if I put in P4L first, and then multi-character, I wouldn't be having as many problems with it as I do.