[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Hey, I have my wai_keep_vehicles array set to false so on restart my vehicles will dissapear, however I want to create a mission where a particular vehicle will stay (main reward for mission). Is there any way of doing this?

Could this work if I added the line: 'wai_keep_vehicles = True' to beginning of mission file, then after the 'call mission_winorfail;' added the line again 'wai_keep_vehicles = false'?

The skin works fine. It's not for players, only for AI. These will not be left for players and they aren't for sale. I need to know how to have more then one custom skin at time for static spawn groups, do you know how to do that?

You could try making your own array for these skins in the config.sqf file and then calling that array for the skins in the mission file. Not sure if it would work but worth a try i guess.

You could try making your own array for these skins in the config.sqf file and then calling that array for the skins in the mission file. Not sure if it would work but worth a try i guess.

I tried that, it didn't work. I've found a way around it, so it's sorted. Now I have other questions! ;)

2.2.0 v3 beta

Not sure if anyone else is getting this problem but the armored suv always seems to still disappear on restart? All other vehicles seem to be ok so far.

I'm going to have a poke around in the files and see if I can spot anything obvious but, if anyone else has already sorted this I would appreciate any info... 

Thanks

2.2.0 v3 beta

Not sure if anyone else is getting this problem but the armored suv always seems to still disappear on restart? All other vehicles seem to be ok so far.

I'm going to have a poke around in the files and see if I can spot anything obvious but, if anyone else has already sorted this I would appreciate any info... 

Thanks

Is it a mission vehicle? I was having the opposite drama whereby mission vehicles (with keys) were being taken and sold, then re-appearing exactly where the mission was after a restart so I changed it to false so they would disappear. 

Also, would anyone be able to tell me where to insert the line of code from inf***** that deals with _createvehicle for my WAI missions? Via PM is fine if there is an issue.

Is it a mission vehicle? I was having the opposite drama whereby mission vehicles (with keys) were being taken and sold, then re-appearing exactly where the mission was after a restart so I changed it to false so they would disappear. 

Also, would anyone be able to tell me where to insert the line of code from inf***** that deals with _createvehicle for my WAI missions? Via PM is fine if there is an issue.

Yes, it one of the vehicles in the mission vehicle array in config. All other types seem to be OK but this one class seems to have problems. I may just take it out but, would prefer to fix it.

I would go to the infiSTAR board for help with your create vehicle edit. :)

I was wondering if any knows how to change the mission text that shows up on the map? I've been poking around, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

the last few lines in every mission

I would have thought this line:  diag_log format["WAI: [Mission:[Hero] Weapon Cache]: Ended at %1",_position];

Which some missions have in 3 spots, most 2 (top and bottom).

However a few have this at the bottom:    diag_log format["WAI: [bandit] armed_vehicle ended at %1",_position];

Which doesn't look like something that should be changed.

I have edited all the others, made sure the edits were on the server, but after 3 restarts, still no change! The text remains the same. So what am I missing?!

Not exactly the last few lines, that's where you were supposed to look for it :P

For example in the mission bandit_base:

_complete = [
[_mission,_crate], // mission number and crate
["crate"],  // ["crate"], or ["kill"], or ["assassinate", _unitGroup],
[_baserunover],  // cleanup objects
"A jungle task force have set up a temporary encampment! Go and ambush it to make it yours!", // mission announcement
"Survivors captured the base, HOOAH!!", // mission success
"Survivors were unable to capture the base" // mission fail
] call mission_winorfail;

;)

diag_log is for your rpt

Not exactly the last few lines, that's where you were supposed to look for it :P

For example in the mission bandit_base:

_complete = [
[_mission,_crate], // mission number and crate
["crate"],  // ["crate"], or ["kill"], or ["assassinate", _unitGroup],
[_baserunover],  // cleanup objects
"A jungle task force have set up a temporary encampment! Go and ambush it to make it yours!", // mission announcement
"Survivors captured the base, HOOAH!!", // mission success
"Survivors were unable to capture the base" // mission fail
] call mission_winorfail;

;)

diag_log is for your rpt

Let me clarify. I have already edited the announment text, the white text that comes up in the middle of the screen. That isn't my question. I am wanting to change the text of the place markers on the map. The black text that shows up in the colored circles. Where do I change that?

Let me clarify. I have already edited the announment text, the white text that comes up in the middle of the screen. That isn't my question. I am wanting to change the text of the place markers on the map. The black text that shows up in the colored circles. Where do I change that?

You're looking for the following:

[_mission,_position,"Medium",format["Disabled %1",_vehname],"MainBandit",true] call mission_init;

This is used by the mission_init.sqf to create the Marker. If you want to change the "[bandit]" or "[Hero]" text, you must change it in the mission_init.sqf. If you want to change the mission name, you would change ["Disabled %1", _vehname] in the mission file. This example uses the armed_vehicle.sqf for it's example. Other missions differ.

Hope that helps!

Houdy fellas, I was having a problem with the wai system not clearing mission and vehicles returning to there original spawn location loaded with gear from the person who completed the mission. I went and down loaded the wai beta and it has fixed the not clearing problem but i still have the problem with the vehicles returning to the original spawn location.  Not really sure what to do to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks for the great mod! 

Has the Wicked AI mission files been released for Arma 3 Epoch? I ask because in a previous post the statement was "Arma 3 Epoch is in beta and server files not released". However I've been on 9 servers of late that are using the Wicked AI mission system and state in their welcome message that they are using it.

Is there a version somewhere for Arma 3 we can download or is there a guide on getting A2 version to work on A3?

thanks.

I seem to lag a bit with 2.2.0 v3 beta. I'm not sure why though.

we are a pretty well loaded server but, I have literally used this to replace the old WAI and also EMS which I had running at the same time. They also had more AI combined than 2.2.0 v3.

Just seems to be when we are at 30-55 players during the middle of a cycle and towards the end. But interestingly seems to get better and worse during this later half of the restart cycle. So one minute it's quite bad and then 5 minutes later it seems much better.

Server FPS seems to remain the same as before but, trader menus slow, bought cars take longer to appear, cars slower to unlock etc.

Anyone else with medium to high population experiencing the same. This is the only change we are working on currently so, nothing else has changed.

You're looking for the following:

[_mission,_position,"Medium",format["Disabled %1",_vehname],"MainBandit",true] call mission_init;

This is used by the mission_init.sqf to create the Marker. If you want to change the "[bandit]" or "[Hero]" text, you must change it in the mission_init.sqf. If you want to change the mission name, you would change ["Disabled %1", _vehname] in the mission file. This example uses the armed_vehicle.sqf for it's example. Other missions differ.

Hope that helps!

YES! Exactly right. Editing these lines made sense ;

_mission   = [_position,"Medium","Black Hawk Crash","MainBandit",true] call mission_init;

But the line you posted is the one that threw me! But now that I have slowed down a bit and taken the time to examain the code, I can see what that line is doing once I compared it with what showed up as a map marker. Disabled MH-60S AL. I was afraid that if I replaced _vehname it would break the mission. But it didn't, so thanks for that information! I appreciate it greatly. :D

YES! Exactly right. Editing these lines made sense ;

_mission   = [_position,"Medium","Black Hawk Crash","MainBandit",true] call mission_init;

But the line you posted is the one that threw me! But now that I have slowed down a bit and taken the time to examain the code, I can see what that line is doing once I compared it with what showed up as a map marker. Disabled MH-60S AL. I was afraid that if I replaced _vehname it would break the mission. But it didn't, so thanks for that information! I appreciate it greatly. :D

Your welcome, I'm glad it helped. I've broken many a mission trying to remove this or add that - but it's how I learn.

I seem to lag a bit with 2.2.0 v3 beta. I'm not sure why though.

we are a pretty well loaded server but, I have literally used this to replace the old WAI and also EMS which I had running at the same time. They also had more AI combined than 2.2.0 v3.

Just seems to be when we are at 30-55 players during the middle of a cycle and towards the end. But interestingly seems to get better and worse during this later half of the restart cycle. So one minute it's quite bad and then 5 minutes later it seems much better.

Server FPS seems to remain the same as before but, trader menus slow, bought cars take longer to appear, cars slower to unlock etc.

Anyone else with medium to high population experiencing the same. This is the only change we are working on currently so, nothing else has changed.

Yes exactly the same.

You can run a mission with just 1-2 bots and the traders, vehiclespawning, any action any player will do like unlocking cars/doors take ages.

So i dropped this and chose an old WAI which i had before and every thing is working fine, even with 50ppl online a car takes like 3 seconds to spawn at trader and with this 2.0+ WAI it takes like 1minute with 15 players on. Im running on a Dedi with enough performance to run multiple full servers so its not that this would cause the problem.